Biggest Loser

Options
didnt really know which 'section' to put this in...but who is a fan of the Biggest Loser? I have to say I have been watching that show since season 2 and its just wild! the season premier was on last night and I was just blown away by these people and their stories and just cant help but root them on! I really think this is an amazing show that many people should watch...its super motivating and teaches you a whole lot of tid bits!

...just wanted to get peoples take on it...have a good one!

Replies

• crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    um yeah....love it.....eat it.....breath it.....never miss an episode!
  • tambo67
    Options
    It is my favorite show also.
  • PokenStick
    Options
    Love the show! It always motivates me.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Use to watch it... but got bored with it... haven't seen the last two seaons..
  • 19marie74
    Options
    Its mine to. The tips they give really help also.
  • Startingover71
    Options
    Love it, love it, love it! I have watched it from Season 1 and it always motivates me!
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Just recently got into it. Not avid follower but it is inspiring. I missed the last 2 episodes of last season (who won??? Hopefully Ada she was awesome and my marathon inspiration in December) and then last night I only watched an hour and a half. :) But yes I agree the stories are phenomenal.

It bothers me though when they say how much the show inspired them and now they are glad they are on. Me, I'm like, the show inspires you, get out and DO IT don't wait to be a contestant!!
  • minervasp73
    Options
    I haven't seen the show but we're doing our own biggest loser competition at work with about $200 so far on the line. It's such a great motivator !!
  • blueyedgirlx3
    Options
    I LOVE this show! It has really inspired me...in so many ways!
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I love the show also and I have to be honest ! This will be the first time watching with weights in my hands instead of some kind of chips or candy !! Yes , I was one of those people. Lol !
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Never seen it, did see a headline about it how someone lost 41lbs in a week. How is that possible...calorie deficit must have been huge but surely all he lost in 1st week was fluid and if thats right then the guy must have been positively sloshing about as he walked!
  • mr_ashley
    Options
    I rarely watch network TV, but I did catch this last night. Pretty interesting, and it makes me wonder how people get to the sizes they do. Clearly it's more than just eating, it seems there are psychological issues at work to cause that kind of incredible weight gain. I like the fact that the show gets lasting results though. I don't like the fact that these people lose these unreal amounts of weight and it's due to the fact that they are being isolated from the rest of the world and trained into sumission day in and day out. Heck, any of us would get in better shape doing that! But, I guess you have to have a controlled, isolated environment for a TV show, especially like this one.
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I love the biggest loser!! I have been watching it since season 1 and there is never a dull moment always something new and interesting and so many different personalities with one common goal putting weight behind them for good and yes I know there has been a few that has gained it back but after all we are human how many have we seen right here on MFP back again for the last time.

The show is very motivating to me and I enjoy every moment will not miss a episode I watch it during and have it recording on my DVR. I am a big fan. My fav quote on the poster on the wall is Stand up and finish what you started. Let's do just that MFP letting biggest loser be our driving force they can do it and so can we!!!!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    yes i def am a fan of the show. I've watched it since season 1, however there were a couple seasons that I just couldn't get into cuz i felt like the people they had on weren't ppl i could relate to, but now I feel like they raised the bar by having ppl that are so morbidly obese and that they TOO can do it if they put their minds to it. That motivates me sooooo much and I love this show for being on. I've definately learned a lot over the years....
  • MGJ123
    MGJ123 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My husband and I watch the show too. Very motivating and believe the prize money should be way higher because these people work so hard!!!! I always hate to see the end of the very 1st show because I don't wanna see someone get kicked off before they have really had a chance.
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Didn't watch it last season. Am back on board this season b/c of Rulon Gardner... the twist with the mystery trainers is great...wondering which one is gonna replace Jillian next year?
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I watch I love the show. I cried while listening to the brown team stories how very sad.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I watch I love the show. I cried while listening to the brown team stories how very sad.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I just hope that people here understand that the weight they lose on the show is not comparable to healthy weight loss in the real world i.e. 1-3 lbs. a week. The people on the show are being supervised the whole time and the weight loss becomes their job as opposed to the rest of us that still have to go to work, take care of the kids, etc. Don't watch the show thinking that you can lose the same amount they did in a week and if you come up short don't get frustrated about.
  • legend1973
    Options
    Yeah I must admit that this show is probably the most powerful thing I have seen on TV for a long time. I rarely get choked up but this show gets me almost every episode. Very moving stories!!! All the other TV reality shows are driven by money but that is just a bonus with the biggest loser, the real prize is the end result. The show motivates me, I think if they can go the gym day in and day out, then I can too!!! God bless these guys!!!