the "why did i just eat that" thread.

Options

Replies

• Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Last week I ate a pound of honey roasted nuts. 2400 Calories. I didn't even feel full uhggg
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I 100% know why I did it, and I don't regret it, but I probably shouldn't have splurged on a shake from Baskin-Robbins the other day when I was already over calories for the day :P It was one day, though, so I'm not worried. And it was SO good.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I had one slice of pizza which was just ok, 350 calories but ..bam...my mouth opened and I ate another. 700 calorie lunch. Lucky I had salad made ahead and was able to stay within my 1200 for the day.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,254 Member
    Options
    I try not to let myself dwell on the negative because I do this all the time. My Achilles heel is peanut butter and milk; before I know it I’ll have eaten at least a cup full and two very large glasses of milk. So I just try and move on, I’m getting better I usually stop at one glass of milk and a half of cup of PB. But I’m like a dog, I’ll eat anything left lying around. In fact I smell something now, I got to go.
  • sarafay80
    sarafay80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was stressed... a lil bit... ok a lotta bit. I'm a stress eater. So I decided to have "a couple" cheespuffs... and next thing I new the bag was gone and my steak in the oven was done and I was like UH OH........... Yep I ate the steak too - afterall I needed the protien!

And today is a new day :)
  • Shadowmf
    Shadowmf Posts: 40
    Options
    I wish I knew why the heck I just stuffed myself with 14 cookies and 1Litre chocolate milk :-/ (I'm totally serious, my sweet tooth is insane these days)
  • KenzieMatlock
    Options
    I went out the other night with my girl Jess and we had shots and beer (bottomless calories) then on our way home we went to Krystal's...... it was so damn good (4 burgers with mayo and cheese then fries)! The next day I woke up and after the feeling in my stomach crushing every happy bite I took the night before I shall stay away from greasy food after I haven't had it in a while because I almost died (not literally) but almost!

I understand when people say you should make yourself feel bad for eating things you know you shouldn't have only based off that factor will lead you to look at that chocolate bar/cheeseburger/fried chicken/fried anything and understand you don't want that feeling of regret again. You want to be PROUD you made the right choices.

However I'm not a prune! I'd like to think if your not training to be an Olympian you can teach yourself how to eat healthy but also just LIVE like everyone else! Just make the right decisions proportions wise and exercise everything will be fine, if you continue to do what you know is right.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Any blizzard from Dairy Queen... Ever. I will never get one again. They always sound great, but fail at being great. -.-

aww man, over the past year I have come to LOVE those...the mini size of course. I joke that I'm making it my life's mission to try every flavor once ;-)
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options

I sooooo wish I hadn't looked at that. Trying to pretend I didn't see it now.
  • alpacalypsia
    alpacalypsia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The other night, I was eating at a university dining hall and couldn't resist the impulse to grab some dessert. I ended up having a generous slice of delicious chocolate cake along with a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream. It was so good!! After I finished it, though, I felt horribly guilty for the rest of the night.

On the bright side, at least I got those cravings out of the way for now! :smile:
  • 281Danielle
    281Danielle Posts: 113
    Options
    Yesterday we were supposed to have baked chicken for dinner but decided to go look around the area we plan on moving to soon and ended up having Burger King, a whopper with cheese, fries and a coke...I didn't go over my calories much but still I probably could of had a half a chicken instead lol.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I_regret_nothing_3.gif
  • gabylewis22
    gabylewis22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My coworker bought me some yummy keebler chocolate mint cookie mini things. I was being good and eating 1/day and then decided that I should just finish the pack so that they weren't impacting my sugar counts every day for the foreseeable future. That makes no sense.

Exactly what I do. 'Oh i need to get rid of all these sweets that have culminated in my house as I'm on a diet. Throw them away? Don't be silly, I'll just eat them instead'
  • bettyjoburdett
    bettyjoburdett Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm a total binge eater, so I'm use to bouts of *ahem* overindulging, but this is completely embarassing...one night, like a week or two ago, I cut into a block of jalapeno cheese in the morning and brought some to work. When I got home I had another slice, later another slice, and then by the end of the night the block was gone. It wasn't until my boyfriend saw the wrapper in the bin that he asked, "oh, do we have any more cheese?" (I think he thought I took it out of the packaging and placed it in another bag.) And it hit me....I ate the ENTIRE BLOCK OF CHEESE IN ONE DAY, without even being conscious of it. This was back when I wasn't tracking consistently. Worse, was that my boyfriend was there when I opened the package and he became very quiet when I squeaked out, "no." I think he too realized that I'd eaten the whole thing in one day.

I am a binge eater also. I have been consistantly losing since january 2nd, lost 35 pounds, exercised pretty good, and then............................I have not lost any weight for 2 weeks which has just frustrated me to no end. I have tried increasing calories, decreasing calories, more exercise, and I just can't make the scale budge. I am active all day long taking care of 89 year old father and sister who had surgery. I am cleaning, cooking, changing clothes, laundry, up and moving all day so I am really fighting giving into totally overeating, comforting myself with food and becoming depressed. I am 2 lbs,. away from being under 200 lbs. which is such a goal for me.anyway, enough gripping, it just feels good to write it down, share with others who go through the same thing and totally "get it"
  • Casistrophic
    Casistrophic Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My parents took me to a hole-in-the-wall Chinese food place when I got back home for summer break, the kind where the food is served on styrofoam plates with plastic utensils and the portions are the size of a small child. I had a plate of chicken fried rice, piled high, and goddamn it was so good. I also ate a whole bunch of those fried noodles and a bowl of wonton soup, the latter of which had fewer calories than I expected! Probably enough sodium to last me a week, though. But it was delicious.

My only other really impactful cheat day aside from that was when I went medieval on an entire bowl of those Knorr Pasta Sides butter noodles, one of my absolute favorite "forbidden" foods. It was pretty worth it.
  • cottonta1l
    cottonta1l Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Had a whole calzone on Saturday. Oh well. It was seriously good. Gained a pound which disappeared the next day, so no harm done! I plan on cutting down on the splurges after summer - I see friends too much in summer to be TOO controlling about what I eat.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    The day my grandma died I was super tired from work + university and I was in a house I am unfamiliar with, mega hungry since the bad news completely wiped me out.

So.

I ended up eating one big mac menu, macpatatas, a 600ml coke and mcnuggets.

Plus whatever funeral food you get.

On a regular basis my "oh why" is salad dressing and coke
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    For me here that last few weeks taking night classes has killed my workout habits and eating habits. No one to blame but me being to lazy to fix a dinner and lunch on days I have class and using class as an excuse to hit the fast food places. Thankfully only 1 more week to go.
  • annemariemk4
    annemariemk4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    last weekend I ate the whole dish of Boston Pizzas Spinach & Artichoke dip with their pizza bread. Which equals to my daily calorie intake, darn. Anything loaded with cream cheese gets me every time! :/
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Those nasty 2 lbs will melt away very soon...