the "why did i just eat that" thread.

Options

Replies

• votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Deep fried calamari + parmesan fries with truffle oil + truffle aioli + nachos & cheese + strawberry milkshake...
    All for appetizer.

What just happened?
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    last weekend I ate the whole dish of Boston Pizzas Spinach & Artichoke dip with their pizza bread. Which equals to my daily calorie intake, darn. Anything loaded with cream cheese gets me every time! :/

that sounds amazing! I would be right there with you!
  • annemariemk4
    annemariemk4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    it was! Perfect, we could share. I wouldn't feel as guilty then ha ha! :smile:
  • nycoleyrides
    nycoleyrides Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started a 6 week exercise and diet program on last Monday. Last week was detox. Not as hard as I thought it would be with my horrible habits and sweet tooth. My birthday was this Monday. (i want to lose 30lbs by next year) I snuck a salted caramel chocolate cupcake during the day while I was out alone. It wasn't that good. Why did I eat that? I thought I deserved it. I did but I should I picked something else.

Then I told myself I would be good for dinner. Had Salmon and asparagus. Angel food with strawberry and mango for dessert. Was good. Felt like I really did good. Till Tuesday morning; I wanted everything bad in the house. I ate a 100 cal dark chocolate bar. Then... Hello fun size milky-way and crunch bar I would never normally want. "Why did I eat that?" Then... Hello Garlic Na'an toasted with butter... so good. But I felt so guilty. So I ate some fruit; Kiwi and blueberries. Then for dinner we had Thai. Not healthy soup at Thai. I had some of the boyfriend's curry and rice because the salad was not enough even after chicken satay. And snuck some dry angel food cake in during the day. Which I did not count and was still over my calories.

I am trying to be better today. But I just had lunch early. Left over salmon and broccoli. But I still want chocolate so bad. Anything sweet and carby. I can't focus on work I want sweets so much. I am having some serious cravings and trying not to have a why did I just eat that moment.
  • MichiganJen
    MichiganJen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just ate two peanut butter cookies for no other reason than I had to put them out for a meeting. I could have just put the container down and walked out of the room, but no.

They were good, but not 300 calories worth of good.

And now if I can just learn how to spell...
  • bonkosaurusrex
    Options
    FRIGGIN POP TARTS! I was in a meeting all morning and I was starving. The snack bar only had pop tarts and candy bars. I figured pop tarts were the least evil thing... Wrong. 420 cals and 9000 g of sugar later... Oh well.
  • lmmathis86
    lmmathis86 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just stuffed myself with taco salad...and yes there was lots of chips and dressing and cheses and calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh then the ramen soup....witch i dont even like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAP DAY!!
  • potatogirl741
    potatogirl741 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The giant piece (and I mean GIANT with fluffy mounds of whipped cream) of French Silk pie I had last night...and it wasn't even that good.
  • nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was running late to school yesterday and hadn't packed my lunch and knew I wouldn't have time to get some once I was on campus. My boyfriend stopped us at Wendy's and I smelled fries and instantly wanted them, so I got them too instead of my usual garden salad. AND I got a lemonade. *headdesk*
  • nitrospop
    nitrospop Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bought Taco Cabana bean and cheese tacos for my employees....decided to have one too....I'm trying to stay under 50 carbs/day....pretty much wrecked that macro this morning, but it was SOOO Delicious!
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    On Wednesday of last week I ate a medium sausage and jalapeno pizza, an order of buffallo kickers, and an order of brownie bites from Domino's in one setting. I feel so fat typing this, but it's true.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I've been dealing with some personal issues at home with my kids and I was feeling all sorry for myself with that and then having to work a 10 hour day at work. Well I had packed lunch and dinner however, I just needed to get out and get some air and so I found myself at Spot Coffee. I used to frequent this coffee shop once a week at least and would eat their yummy desserts, pastries, and indulge on a Cincoshake, it's better than a Starbuck's frapp!! OMG so here I am standing in line and ordering their spicy tuna wrap (so amazingly awesome!!), a smores bar (golden grahams with chocolate pieces and marshmallows like a krispy treat but BETTER!!), and I tried to order a large cinco but I ordered wrong and got a medium. OMG!! I ate half the wrap, held on to the smores treat and gave that to my son, took the other half of the wrap home to my daughter, and I showed that Cinco NO mercy!! Needless to say 2 days later and I'm still kicking myself but man was it heavenly at the time.:embarassed:
  • writer190
    writer190 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My second Luna bar of the day. I used to eat multiple bars a day pretty often before I started making an effort to eat better; it's annoying to "relapse" in a bad habit when I thought I was over it. :grumble:

ETA: I guess there are worse things, though, and I can still come in under my calorie limit!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Wifey and I are the best and worst influences on each other...

Wifey: (at 10:30 p.m. with some drinks in us) We should make cookies!

Me: Sweetheart, we're trying to diet and that's not the best idea.

Wifey: But... what if we die tomorrow?

Me: GOOD POINT! I got all of the dry ingredients during the elipsis portion of your last comment.

Wifey: I preheated the oven thirty minutes ago!

Made a batch of cookies. Ate a batch of cookies.
  • mojgan12345
    mojgan12345 Posts: 16
    Options
    I was working in my local tea place late last night and the super-nice waiter offered me free chocolate chip cookie (heck he actually held the entire dish of cookies in front of me to grab as many as I want ) Sooo I had 2 large chocolate chip cookies after I already had consumed all my daily calories. Error 404 Will Power Not Found.
  • leahmunroe0724
    Options
    most of the time it's peanut butter...with a spoon...right from the jar...
    I can easily eat a half cup of peanut butter without realizing it
    then I feel so gross and heavy afterwards sigh
  • erinnboberinn
    erinnboberinn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Who am I kidding? Food is my life. So there's this thing called ice cream, right? And the office has a tub of it in the freezer. I gorged myself on the chocolatey deliciousness. When I got home I felt super guilty, so I worked harder at the gym that evening.

It's hard some days when you just CRAVE things that aren't the healthiest. I say, give in once in a while, but make sure you work hard to counteract it. But I'm no expert on anything lol.
  • lexipain
    lexipain Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    An Oreo cookie for breakfast and a tastycake chocolate pudding tart for lunch and Oreos for a snack about 8+/- . I should just go back to bed, I woke up tired and have been running errands, working and talking to tech support in India.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    On Monday night, I dropped my BF off at the airport for a weeklong trip to Florida for work.
    On the way home, I immediately dropped by Del Taco and got $4 order of beef Macho Nachos- I was expecting something in par with the rinky-dink Nachos Bell Grande from Taco Bell. Good lord, this dish was HEAVY and HUGE. And despite being like four times bigger than I expected, I devoured them all. Hating myself before, during, and after consumption.

Then I got a call that his flight was cancelled so I had to go get him, and immediately confessed my food transgressions.
    He left the next morning instead, and rather than eat the pain away, I slept and moped and watched Nashville for six hours.

Horrible coping mechanisms, I got 'em.

gaaah I feel ya. I do not do that often, thank goodness...but I know exactly what you mean. My mother-in-law had terminal cancer and all last year my husband was living there (an hour way) caring for his mom Monday-Thursday. When he left I would usually have some candy in the house or something else to splurge on - amazingly I did all right through the week but right when he left I felt that surge of stress cravings come on.

I'm just glad we're aware of this and work to avoid it. But some situations...yup.
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Just had 3 cups of orange soda.