Short Gals (under 5'3) unite!

Options

Replies

• Ram1966
    Ram1966 Posts: 1
    Options
    :happy: Hello. Just joined for commitment this time. Didn't before. I am 5"3 and 280lbs. :sad: Thank you. Your comments are helping know that maybe I can get some this weight off. I've got a long way to go, but I will just be happy to drop 10lbs first. Good Luck and Congrats to you all.
  • Hippiemomof4
    Hippiemomof4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, Im a shorty at 5'2 and need to loose 55 pounds. I currently weigh 181.8. Id appreciate an add from any one of you..we shorties must stick together
  • filbert143
    filbert143 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'1" and 180. I started MFP about two weeks ago and have already dropped 8 lbs. So that's a step in the right direction. My goal is 120-ish. I figure I will re-evaluate once I get closer.

I own two small businesses and am the mother of three. So I don't get a lot of time to myself - or at least that's been my excuse for the past 10 years! But now is the time to change and make my health a priority for the sake of my family! I want to set a good example for my kids. I already love to see how they notice my changes. They want to exercise with me - my youngest will take two empty TP rolls and work out with me! And they also want healthy snacks. I think it will be a positive change for all of us.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies.... First I'd like to say I'm not a fan of being called "Short" - I prefer "Vertically Challenged"! :flowerforyou:

I'm Jen.... 5"2' and currently weighing in at 152lbs. Last week I was down to 148lbs but this week has been hell on my healthy eating!! (Work, Customer Tours, huge lunches, etc. So I'm back on the wagon tomorrow and gonna hit the AM workouts so I know I'll get my exercise in!!

My goal weight is 135 lbs but I'm taking baby steps so I'm going to focus on my 140 lbs right now. :blushing:

So instead of looking thru 6 pages of comments.... is there a group for V.C. Ladies or are we just threadin' it. :bigsmile:
  • MissYengBoyd
    MissYengBoyd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI! Short girls forever!!! I'm 5ft and 300 lbs. I have a lot of weight to lose but I know that being this weight is NOT healthy!!! So hard to get started. Everything else but my weight is perfect!! I have been married to my best friend for 5 years and we have two wonderful little boys!! but I find that being a stay at home mother(makes it hard to find time for myself).My goal is to be able to wear a sexy black dress for a night out with my husband on New Years!!! My goal weight is 130 But I just gotta do it!!! I can and I have faith in you too!!! Add me if you would like!!!!
  • s_khalif
    s_khalif Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5"1' and just started this journey at 220, long term goal is to get down to 120ish
  • Army_Of_One
    Army_Of_One Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 197 - SHORT GIRL POWER!
  • hum_tumm
    hum_tumm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, am new to here. Can I join u all? I am 5'2. Cw=176
    Gw=132

Plz help me
  • LuckyLynell
    LuckyLynell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently at 167 lbs. Fifteen months ago I was 250 lbs, and my goal is to get down to 140 lbs.

Short Gals Rule!
  • Tigre_Lily
    Tigre_Lily Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and weigh 126 at this moment and have been trying to lose it for months. I started dieting then went back to my old ways and ended up being 131lbs.
    Everyone kept asking if I was prego.... that is quite upsetting.

So here I am back to dieting. Hopefully I can keep doing it. :D
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 48 yrs old who is 5ft 1inches. I need to lose 50+ pounds. Anyone here feel free to add me. I am back logging daily. We can all motivate each other.
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'2" and have about 30 pounds to lose. I tried last year but gave up after only losing 2 pound in 2 months and being hungry all the time. And I can't exercise much due to disabilities, so calorie counting is the way to go for me. This year I decided to shoot for losing half a pound a week. I also calculated my TDEE and make sure I eat under that every day. Doing it this way seems a lot easier. I am also focusing on more protein and less carbs and that seems to help hunger as well. Lost about 4 pound so far in a couple of months. Now I am back down to my starting weight of last year and hoping to keep going going gone!
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and have been hanging between 127-130 lately. I want to get down to 115. Feel free to add me!
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Im 5'2 and I need to lose about 100 pounds. Id still be over the charts, but its a realistic number for me right now and if I get there and keep going, then good! Shorties unite lol
  • auntleenie14
    auntleenie14 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 1 and almost to my GOAL weight.... 2 more pounds:) Add me if you would like!
  • ooelsworth
    ooelsworth Posts: 1
    Options
    I just turned 42 on Mother's Day and I like to say I'm 5'1"on a good day. Truthfully, I'm sitting right at 5 feet. My starting weight was 208, I'm currently at 163 and finally, my goal weight is 120. So, half way there!
  • AnnieCeleste
    Options
    Hey I'm Annie 5'3 I have a few pounds I want to lose before the summer...
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm Amanda, I'm 5'2" and want to lose about 145 lbs.
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    5' 2" 120 lbs. Lost 15 on 1200 cal diet but the last 5 is not moving! I workout everyday burning about 400 cal per day and no budge on the scale. Help

(Not sure if I should respond because I'm a guy but what the hell...)

1200 is too low. Based on your age and gender, I'd recommend at least 1600 calories (not including your fitness level). Your body might be conserving energy since calories are too low so metabolism is slowing down.

I don't know your weight so I would check out these websites-

http://www.webmd.com/diet/calories-chart

Also check online for TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) calculators. You plug in age, height, weight, activity level and it'll tell you how many you burn. There are a few methods so try all 3 and then I'd pick the low end of the number (2100-2300 calories, pick 2100 calories).

Here's a good TDEE calculator http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • angiezhang_
    Options
    Hi guys!!! I'm 5'2 and 102 pounds. I was 104 before but I guess with the help of just eating healthy and exercising, I managed to lose some body fat. I'm not one of those obsessive dieters, but I'm just trying to live a healthy lifestyle. Anyone feel free to add me!!!!! HIT MEH UP PEOPLE