Replies

• harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    1. Friends
    2. Friends
    3. Friends!

On more serious note...

1. Make order in my food routine, macros and calories.
    2. Cut calores from drinks completly.
    3. Start regular exercise - running and weight lifting.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I already posted but I love this thread so here's another go...

1) I look at some of my favorite fashion bloggers' high/low (price) posts and in the low category, I'm often like, "ooh I have that top/those jeans/that jacket!" - for years I just read their blogs and tried to translate whatever would work in plus sizes.

2) I inspired a friend of mine to lose 3 pant sizes (so far)

3) I've been mistaken for younger than my real age a lot more. Like, enough by now that I'm truly flattered and don't think it's just a fluke or someone trying to fluff my ego. Yay!
  • PinkPanther318
    PinkPanther318 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I learned that not everything revolves around the scale- there are also measurements :)
    I cook at home a lot more
    I am finally starting to enjoy working out - which is great because when I first met with my nutritionist I told him I was never going to exercise (seriously) I look back and can't understand how I could say that!
    Also learned logging is so beneficial now I now how many calories I really eat. When I first started doing this journey I was eating between 2200 and 3000 calories!! How scary!
  • rainbowfaye
    rainbowfaye Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    1.I am down from size 22 to size 18.
    2. I am so much more flexible now. Which makes daily life like painting my toes or shaving my legs so much easier.
    3. I don't lose my breath as much. Maybe one day my asthma will be gone.

Edited to fix typos/grammatical errors.
  • don3_16
    don3_16 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    1. Follow up sleep study showed I no longer have sleep apnea.

2. Life insurance denial was changed to approved status because of all the positive lifestyle changes and the numbers were all normal.

3. Feel great about myself because of how I look, how I feel physically and how I feel mentally about doing this for myself.

I read the boards a lot and it's a pretty common theme to want to do this for others...your family, kids, etc, but there's no shame in being selfish and wanting to do this for yourself, either. I did this for myself and for the fat guy that never thought he was ever worth it. I am so glad I did.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I lost 111 lbs

I fell in love

I decided that it's worth it to take a risk and follow my dreams
  • LuckyLynell
    LuckyLynell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 22 to a size 12!

My confidence has skyrocketed, which means I'm actually doing the things on my bucket list instead of just talking about them.

I discovered that I can run and I actually enjoy it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs.

I learned about TDEE and net cals.

I met awesome people.
  • meabea
    meabea Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1. As of about 5 pounds ago, I can shop comfortably for Large and X-Large clothes instead of the Plus sized department.
    2. No pain in my back, hip, feet joints, knees or balls of feet, (plantar fasciitis.)
    3. Out of obese category.
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1) For once, I had a good doctor's appointment where the doctor was excited about my weight loss and told me to keep doing whatever I've been doing.

2) I put up a new profile picture on Facebook and 2 strangers sent me messages complimenting it. Not super relevant, but it was the first time in quite a few years a stranger had complimented my looks!

3) Hmmm...Nothing super drastic yet, but I can wear some clothes I didn't find comfortable before. I mostly still wear the same clothes though, and coworkers tell me they look a lot looser now.

I'm still hoping for various aches and pains (for instance, nightly back pain) to go away. That alone gives me motivation to keep going.
  • londonlemming
    Options
    1. My quality of sleep has improved tremendously
    2. I can get up off the floor without needing something to lever myself up
    3. My wife can get her arms all the way around me again!
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    1. I know what feeling full is like, now!
    2. I found out that I can still eat what I like and not need to restrict.
    3. I have met many inspiring people who are also doing this with me.
  • claudineer
    claudineer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    1. My hips do not hurt when I sleep.
    2. I like ME more.
    3. NO food guilt.
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    1. I'm no longer in chronic pain.
    2. I started powerlifting, something I never imagined my body could do, and I'm the most confident and strongest I've ever been. I feel powerful.
    3. I have healed my relationship with my body and food.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I can't get by with just pulling my pants up once in a while now. I need a belt.
    My scrub pants now drag on the ground because my bubble butt that was holding them up so high is now shrinking (in a good way)
    I found a zumba instructor I love!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    1. Lost 90 lbs (I haven't been this weight since I was about 13? 14?)
    2. Started pole dancing and have even performed for an audience
    3. ...finished uni? That one's kind of unrelated, but as today is my final hand in, it's what's on my mind
  • Kisha352
    Kisha352 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    1. I am awear of what I shove in my mouth
    2. I have lost 14lb
    3. I feel better about myselft!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    1. I aquired a hot boyfriend.
    2. I feel way better about my body.
    3. I can cross my legs!
  • MagdaSea
    MagdaSea Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    1. I've stopped making excuses.
    2. I have learned about macros.
    3. I've discovered the importance of protein.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I can't think...I EAT a lot every day. I SWEAT a lot every day. I DRINK a lot every day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!