WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2014

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    DrKatie bug, says you are #500! So I don't know if my post will show up or not. Edited to add, I made the first topic of the new post!!!!

My daughter keeps on sending me new vacation homes to look at. I sure wished we lived closer.

JOyce, Indiana
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Eileen:smile: Prayers for all in San Diego:flowerforyou: !!! How scary with all the fires, please stay safe!!!

Katiebug:smile: Congrats on the hand improvement:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: !!!

Barbie:smile: Life sounds perfect:bigsmile: :love: :flowerforyou: !!!

Brenda:smile: I know it would be so hard if my grandgirls were not close to me!!! Wishing you luck with face time and Skype! Your grandson is a cutie:love: !

Meg:smile::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: the eye candy is fabulous:bigsmile: , and no calories:tongue: !!! My daughter saw the pics last night, and she picked the one she knew I liked, his hair is a little on the long side:blushing: dang if only I was much younger:sad: and thinner would be nice too :laugh: !

Wish I had more time:grumble: ! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!! Drink your water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee who is enjoying no calorie eye candy in NC
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to All, New thread and away we go.
    Our company has a "clean your department" day once a year and everyone gets to wear jeans. Today is the day and I forgot! I even reminded people last night and still forgot myself. I'm going to get a hard time over this. Oh well, I didn't really plan to clean my desk anyway as I am actually moving desk come Monday. I will clean mine once everything is off of it so it will be ready for the person moving into it.
    My ab class is official, it is on our web page here at work and it starts on my birthday. I hpe that I will have people who want to take it, the exercises are tough but really good for you.
    I did some cardio yesterday but that was about it. After taking the cycling, rope class and mowing my yard I was sore yesterday. An added benifit to the rope class that I didn't realize is that because you stand with your knees bent you tighten your gluts, so I ended up with sore muscles in my bottom. Sore muscles are good though cause that means you used them!!
    It has rained here all last evening and through the night, I believe it is suppose to continue through the day. Yuck! Atleast I did get that grass mowed.

The rope class I took was interesting. The rope is long and pretty thick, it has two handles and one person stands in the middle and the other then streches it out and holds the handles to do the work out. You do different arm movements with the roope, like a skiing motion with arms pulling the rope back (like the pole motion), one movement was to pull the ropre in an outward circle motion(each hand holds an end to the rope so two outward circles at the same time), another was an up and down motion in front. The exercisie are timed and you and your partner change places after each one. My triceps and shoulders got a good work out, as well as my bum(backside) I think it was the combination of everyrhing that made my knee hurt so I babied it yesterday.

Sylvia, I feel for your DGD, I remember breaking my leg in the beginning of June, it sure made summer a bit of a challenge.

I have the Fitbit One, it clips on. I don't like anything around my wrist when I work out, I sweat and it then break out. I do love my Fitbit though.

Welcome to the new people, prayers and thoughts to those who are struggling.
    I have a noon exercise class today and I leave early because I am personal training today.
    Have an awesome day,
    Take care, Patty Cincinnati OH
  • Debra129
    Debra129 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good Morning from Atlanta,

We had some terrible thunderstorms last night but the birds are singing this morning.

24 hours sugar free and alcohol free!

I am reading a new (to me) called Anatomy of Food Addiction.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Debra
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Bump. :flowerforyou:

Lin in Central Iowa:glasses:
  • heidihurl
    heidihurl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good morning from Pollen infested Massachusetts... Ugh.. everything here is covered in a light green powder. My eyes are encrusted and can't stop sneezing (am I burning calories?? LOL)

Everyone have a GREAT day... enjoy the end of the week and don't stop praying for the people of Carlsbad and San Diego... keep all safe.

Thanks for being here.
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I have been watching the news about California's fires. Horrible stuff! Stay safe!

I just woke up and can't think of anything else to write.

Sylvia
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hi and bye, no time............just bumping! Have a good day, everyone.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Hello from rainy Il.
    Asking for prayers for my friend Melody who has stage 4 cancer.They are saying 6-12 months.We have been friends for 30 years and been thru so much together.I love her like a sister.Really struggling with this.She looks great for someone who is dying.
    Tomorrow is the gyn.
    HUGS
    jane
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Jari Love Ripped and Chiseled DVD. Tomorrow I'm planning to go to the deep water class.

In a bit I need to leave, I'll stop at the one grocery store. When I was there last, I completely forgot to get beer for beer can chicken and this is the only store where I can get a six pack. then I need to stop at the Food Pantry to give them the rest of the mini muffins. Then volunteer at the Green Room. After that I'll stop at Big Lots and return my float, get another one, see if they have any bread for Vince, then I go to get my hair done. After that on the way home I'll stop at the health food store to get more wheat bran, stop at one food store to get my cheese (it's on sale and not every store carries the finely shredded type), then maybe stop at WalGreens and if Vince doesn't go to WalMart, I'll get the eggs and some of these chocolate M&M's for Vince.

Eileen - prayers...you got them

katiebug - congrats on the improvement!

Patty - that rope class sounds so interesting. Wish we had something like that here. Reminded me a bit of the TRX, only you don't change with your partner

Jane - so sorry about Melody. May she live life to the fullest

Going to post this to mark my spot

Michele in NC
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Had the cataract surgery on the left eye yesterday and, in the exams ahead of it, found out I also have something called Fuchs Dystrophy. Basically, its a progressive condition where the cells behind the cornea stop processing water properly and fluid starts to build up, which means it may take a little longer for me to get clearer vision in the left eye. Have not done the right eye yet, but will shortly I think. Still off work today for the follow up appointment, etc., then I'll decide about tomorrow.

I tried catching up on the thread yesterday on my phone while we were waiting, but wasn't very successful with the dilated eye, etc.

We're going to NJ/NYC metro area soon and I've been wanting to go to the 911 memorial, but the opening of the museum right when we get up there may change my mind, because of crowds. (Really don't care for that!) It is all over the news.... DH and I will have to discuss further. Because we're visiting friends also, I might prefer to save the visit to the memorial for a trip where we fly direct in to NY and stay overnight in the city.

Off to get ready for the day.

Gail metro ATL
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Saving my place.

Cynthia
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Ladies,
    just saving my place and sending prayers to all in need
    Juanita in sudbury
  • NenaC
    NenaC Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ya'll!......new to comment here. I enjoy reading your comments every morning with my first cup of coffee. Great way to get the sand dust out of the eyes. I am so sorry to hear cancer is still sneaking around and stealing away family and friends.I lost my sweetheart of 32 years just 4 years ago and I know all too well the nasty old gray fog that sweeps in the crevices of living. You just have to keep on picking your feet up and pushing forward. It is a pain that can only be repaired thru remembering the memories and honoring the lost love by honoring the memory and relationship...wish you well.
    I have moved to the Hill Country of Texas. My sons (one who lives in community near San Diego. Fires are close to him this morning and they are on alert.) I havve changed everything, not to run away, but to be near those grandchildren and family. I did this relunctantly but knowing in my heart I could only find healing in letting them love on me and letting me just consume and bask in the joy of it all.
    Now I focus here on MFP to find the me in the ashes of my deep loss. Everyday I find stories here and experiences that encourage . Thanks to all of you out there. :smile: Happy trails to everyone
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Good morning Beautiful Ladies,

It is another cool and lovely day in Oklahoma. I'm so glad the wind has been calm.

Hubby and I are going to a retirement party this evening for one of my best and oldest friends. We worked together for 30 years and she is retiring just before her 80th birthday. :smile: She is the youngest senior I know. I have always said I will never be as young as she is! :laugh: It will be nice to see some of my former coworkers as well.

NenaC, welcome. You will find lots of support here.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia, hugs for little one with broken arm. :sad:

Gail, I hope you have a speedy recovery from you eye surgery. :flowerforyou:

Jane, hugs, so sorry about your friend.:sad:

Eileen, prayers for you and your loved ones.:heart:

Cynthia, nice to see you. Hope your days are getting easier.:heart:

Prayers to all dealing with severe weather and wild fires.

Hugs to all with victories, prayers to all struggling. :heart:

Welcome new ladies.:flowerforyou:

Cindy in OK
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: good morning from beautiful British Columbia. Ia m wearing a dress to work today, because the weather is gorgeous.

Renny
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Janematin: Prayers for Melody, and for you.:flowerforyou:

Gail Metro ATL: I hope your eye condition is treatable and doesn’t cause you discomfort.:flowerforyou:

NenaC: Welcome. I hope your move is a positive step in your life and that you get the full portion of loving your wonderful grandchildren.:flowerforyou:

Cindy: Your friend who retired just before her 80th birthday is a remarkable woman. I’m happy just knowing about her.:happy:

I went to a City meeting last night where a group of Architects & developers from the East Coast provided us with a presentation filled with development ideas for our town. They listened to community suggestions on Monday, and turned it into sketches and proposals for last night. I was interested in their ideas, but my ideas were not included, so :tongue: One of my gripes was their inclusion of a boardwalk. :noway: Concrete or brick walks, yes, but boards rot too quickly around here. We need to use materials of lasting value. Perhaps I’m misunderstanding and a boardwalk is not actually made of boards. :huh: I know I’m picking nits and some of their concepts were actually excellent. This whole process was intended to generate ideas for change, and gave the community a chance to dream together. All in all, it was an interesting opportunity for the community to have a dialog.:flowerforyou:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

May Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least two glasses of water daily.
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

Gail- hope you are feeling better, have a good time in NYC area.

Jane- prayers for you friend and you too.

Going to a stitch time tonight, I have to bring my dinner cause all they have nearby is mc Donald's . Yuck!

Tigress in GA
  • tolynkenl
    tolynkenl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am brand new to myfitnesspal. I signed up yesterday. I've been trying to motivate myself through a "ready to lose" program at work, and implemented strategies that I hoped would work...and gained 8 pounds last month. My coach in this program suggested that I sign up for myfitnesspal. So...I am now tracking my calories. I signed up for 3 exercise classes/week - two stability ball and one body sculpting.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to stick with the restricted calorie diet, though. Maybe this program will help me stay motivated...

Lynn
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Hi folks,
    I'm on the boat back to Portsmouth, but this is the slowest internet in the world, so I will keep it short.
    Had a good time. Cooked some delicious food and ate and drank tooooooo much!:sad:
    Haven't caught up with posts, but understand there are some horrible fires and a broken arm amongst other things. :cry:
    We are well.
    Speak later and will tell you more.:happy:
    Heather, afloat on the English Channel, :flowerforyou: