Double Belly Success Stories and Pictures?!

Replies

• 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Correction, i dont have 3. LOL. I looked it up, FUPA, and thanks alot, those were disturbing images!!!!! I do have an extended lower belly, but i think that it is making room for all the fiber that is in my colon now thanks to eating correctly!!!!! :D
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Yes a double belly. I have one and I don't like it. I look good standing but as soon as I bend there it goes :(
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    I've got another roll.. but I call it the "boob roll".. it's when I'm slouched over, my boobs weigh down on my bra and therefore creates another roll..

anyone get a great image in their head now?? Haha...

We call that "4-boob"! lol

Damn that double belly! My stupid bellybutton is like... wide and flat. so it makes my whole belly fold in half or something. Hate it!
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    YEP.....I have it!!!! always have even when I was at my tiniest, gaining and losing this last time (I've yo-yoed for 24 years and had every eating disorder) now I have loose skin, even though over 20months of losing and exercising I still despise it, I am considering a tummy tuck and have been researching, I can't see this going anywhere, I will give it another 6 months and do everything I can (that I haven't already) and if I'm not happy I will seriously be making an appointment!
  • I have a big stomach and that's has always been my problem area. I am 63 and would like to know if anyone my age has had any success with flattening your stomach. Sit-ups and crunches have not worked. I'm walking 2 mi. a day (Mon.-Fri.). and I'm motivated to lose it once and for all (smile). Getting healthy and looking great is my goal.
  • karen6499
    karen6499 Posts: 21 Member
    Well I have two rolls one above my belly button and one below I hate them, hope it goes away as I loose the weight, the one above the belly button is the worse.
  • I too have the double belly... And no it is not FUPA because the skin doesn't even hang to my pubic hairline. I wonder if it's hereditary? Because my mother and sister also have the pouch. But I have the top belly too cuts in where my belly button is then the pouch. I am down I believe 19 lbs now. I'm at 225 165cm (5'5). I wear a size 18. I'm 32. Even when I was young age18 size 8/9 I had the pouch I thought it was from not doing enough sit-ups but it didn't matter that I did 1,000 sit-ups a day all different kinds. Or did marching band and marched miles on miles every freaking day and on top of that swimming every change I got, roller bladed everywhere . Everything on my body looked amazing expect for my belly pouch!
    Now I'm afraid that even if I do get down to the size I want to be I will still have this thing! Help!!!!
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    I have the double belly too and after losing 80+ pounds both belly's have shrunk a lot. I still have double belly and hope that after the next 50lbs they will flatten out. When I was thinner in the past I did not have the top belly at all but my problem area was that little lower belly that was always so stubborn. It seemed that anytime I ate anything it would puff right out. I am hopeful that my double belly will be a thing of the past soon.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    I sympathize ladies. Im at a "healthy" weight at 5'6" and 144, but still have a pooch. My pooch is a *kitten*, I named him Larry, and he is a jerk of a redneck in a wifebeater, encouraging me to have lots of beer and cheese and junk food. I like to defy him by working out and eating lighter. I am a work in progress, hope to post success at some time, but here are some helpful threads that I think helped give me hope and ideas:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1147831-30-lbs-gone-and-in-the-best-shape-of-my-life-progress?hl=rid+of+pooch+success+&page=1#posts-1788524614
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/621424-the-double-belly-ugh?hl=double+belly
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1132118-big-stomach-to-visible-abs-photos-please?page=4

Seems like losing slowly, doing STRENGTH TRAINING, and controlling macros are all good advice for losing the "double belly" or pooches.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Now that I'm strength training, my lower belly is smaller than the upper one. :grumble: Drives me crazy that they are not getting smaller at the same time. I figure that upper one will be the last to go.
  • landontwin
    landontwin Posts: 3 Member
    I wouldn't call my story a success. I just wanted to post these pictures because I desperately searched the internet to find someone, anyone like me. The first picture is of me at 22yo and 197lbs in September 2012. The other two pictures are of me at 23yo and 148lbs in March 2014. I've honestly given up on thinking I'll be rid of my "double belly" any time soon. I'm working on losing another 15lbs before possibly getting a tummy tuck.

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/landontwin/media/Progress/photo1.jpg.html

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/landontwin/media/Progress/photo2.jpg.html

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/landontwin/media/Progress/photo3.jpg.html
  • lazzymomma
    lazzymomma Posts: 14 Member
    I wouldn't call my story a success. I just wanted to post these pictures because I desperately searched the internet to find someone, anyone like me. The first picture is of me at 22yo and 197lbs in September 2012. The other two pictures are of me at 23yo and 148lbs in March 2014. I've honestly given up on thinking I'll be rid of my "double belly" any time soon. I'm working on losing another 15lbs before possibly getting a tummy tuck.

photo1.jpg.html

photo2.jpg.html

photo3.jpg.html

did that fix it
  • landontwin
    landontwin Posts: 3 Member
    I haven't had surgery yet. Hopefully by the end of the year.
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg.

photo3.jpg
  • honeybeeses
    honeybeeses Posts: 9 Member
    Sigh. I have this too.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Now that I'm strength training, my lower belly is smaller than the upper one. :grumble: Drives me crazy that they are not getting smaller at the same time. I figure that upper one will be the last to go.
    This is my problem too. It's getting smaller, but the "upper bulge" as I term it is very susceptible to bloat and is not decreasing proportionate to the lower.

May2014sidecomparison_zpsa2a6b7b5.jpg
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    This is my problem too. It's getting smaller, but the "upper bulge" as I term it is very susceptible to bloat and is not decreasing proportionate to the lower.

May2014sidecomparison_zpsa2a6b7b5.jpg

I have the same issue. Thank you for posting! You are beautiful!
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    I've always called it "B" belly, because it looks like a "B" to me. Regardless, yes, I have this and yes, it's getting better!

e57d52ff-f51e-47f2-aa7f-79c7d57d3011_zpsb0a7c663.jpg
  • wdurieux
    wdurieux Posts: 2 Member
    Waist should always be measured at the belly button
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    I don't know that you can see much of it but I started at 228 lbs with a double belly. It's only been in the past while that it has gone to a single belly - I think I danced with joy on that day ;) Pics in my profile.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!