Bumping to show to my noobs.
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
  • DaveInFL
    DaveInFL Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Just tried it and its not getting any weight data on any of the options. Getting "there was a problem with your request" on option 3 from MFP when I log in.

Running on Excel 2013. Not sure if it is just a temporary problem?

Just downloaded this today and I am getting the same issue. I'm wondering if this is because I have only 7 days of data so far?

Bump, anyone else having this issue? Is this a know issue for people who have less than 30 days of data? I'm on Windows 7 (64 bit) and Excel 2010.
  • HoltzJeff
    Options
    Only Question is how do we import like once a week and not have to reimport all the old dates. Each time I click the Calories button it erases all the old data?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Oh man, just found this.

I have been requesting this sort of info from MFP for ages. Will play around with it now :smile:

Thanks a lot! (from another excel nerd :happy:)
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Bump....for science. :smile:
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    bumping for the awesomeness!
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    I don't have Excel, but if I ever get it, I'll be coming back to give this a go! It looks fantastic!
  • piyuK
    piyuK Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • fyoung1111
    fyoung1111 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I may be missing something but this did not work for me. Downloaded spreadsheet. Changed things in settings tab. Clicked on Get Weight Data. Took me to MFP login. Logged In. Hit OK on spreadsheet pop-up. No data downloaded. Change from requesting last 365 days to last 15. No difference.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I may be missing something but this did not work for me. Downloaded spreadsheet. Changed things in settings tab. Clicked on Get Weight Data. Took me to MFP login. Logged In. Hit OK on spreadsheet pop-up. No data downloaded. Change from requesting last 365 days to last 15. No difference.

I just tried this right now and it worked for me. Perhaps you have security settings set in excel to prevent non-local data download? Not sure.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I've published a major update to the tool - details can be found here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/new-mfp-data-export-tool-major-update-659927

preview...

CVBmyX1.png
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Awesome.

I know I'm just being picky, but might be useful if you had a "new user setup" button that prompted the user for their necessary data. Also, would it be possible to pull the meal names and other setup information directly from the diary? Finally, it may make sense to lock the cells on the setup tab (or other tabs) where you wouldn't want the user to be able to change the data in the cell (like calculations, headers, etc.)

Also, LOL:
    Avr. observed TDEE (30 days): 2893 + 306
    Observed TDEE is low, try to be more active, or evaluate a possible diet pause
    #REF!

My TDEE of 2893 is low and I should try to be more active, huh? :laugh: (I suspect your model doesn't like those with a goal weight > current weight.)

ETA:
    On the "Graphs" tab, cell I2 indicates " To change values, go to "config" tab, do not modify them on this tab. Use "Days" option box to update graphs. " There is no "config" tab.

ETAM:
    I would also love an option to exclude the current day from the analysis as it skews the data if you run it before the day is fully logged.
  • kguerriere
    kguerriere Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump! I can't wait to try this out! Thanks for posting!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    Awesome.

I know I'm just being picky, but might be useful if you had a "new user setup" button that prompted the user for their necessary data. Also, would it be possible to pull the meal names and other setup information directly from the diary? Finally, it may make sense to lock the cells on the setup tab (or other tabs) where you wouldn't want the user to be able to change the data in the cell (like calculations, headers, etc.)

Also, LOL:
    Avr. observed TDEE (30 days): 2893 + 306
    Observed TDEE is low, try to be more active, or evaluate a possible diet pause
    #REF!

My TDEE of 2893 is low and I should try to be more active, huh? :laugh: (I suspect your model doesn't like those with a goal weight > current weight.)

ETA:
    On the "Graphs" tab, cell I2 indicates " To change values, go to "config" tab, do not modify them on this tab. Use "Days" option box to update graphs. " There is no "config" tab.

ETAM:
    I would also love an option to exclude the current day from the analysis as it skews the data if you run it before the day is fully logged.

Thank you for your great comment, please be picky!!
    I'll do those corrections.

Good catch, Jof. Seriously. I just posted a new update to the update because of this.
  • nomo_fatso
    nomo_fatso Posts: 17
    Options
    bump
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    Corrected the latest issues. Please let me know if you have any problems with it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/new-mfp-data-export-tool-major-update-659927
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    Tool has been updated again.
    Added calorie burns to scoring, removed some old code, corrected status reporting msg, added trend last 14 days to weight graph, corrected TDEE graph x axis.