What If You found out

Options
Texusmc
Texusmc Posts: 129 Member
that your co-worker was a convicted felon/murder and was released only because the courts LOST all of the records pertaining to the case. They have served half of the time they were sentenced to and still have anger issues. Would you be nervous around them? Would you be armed (lawfully) around them?

your thoughts- GO

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Oh my ...
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I’d stab him/her immediately and steal their pudding from their lunch.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Do we work together?

Hmmm, gonna take care of that and get some quiet.
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    This is really the number one reason why I prefer working at home.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I've worked with psychos before. No big deal. They just blend in with the rest of the voices in my head.
  • rochrok
    rochrok Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hm, I would quit and find a new job. If I got him fired and he found out then may come after me thinking he could get away with it a second time. So yeah. I would quit.
  • virtualmonkey
    virtualmonkey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I go "lawfully" armed everywhere so that wouldn't be the issue. But if they gave me no cause to fear them I probably wouldn't. If they are making it hard to work there are other ways to deal with that.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I just assume that everyone I work with already is........\m/
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    What If You found out ....that your co-worker was a convicted felon/murder and was released only because the courts LOST all of the records pertaining to the case.

What if I told you that some people that should be in jail are not and some people in jail shouldn't be in jail.

morpheus-chair.jpg
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I've never thought about this scenario before, but I would probably bring them coffee in the morning on a regular and predictable schedule. Every time I brought the coffee, I would give them a compliment and then ask what their plans were. Using this highly scientific method of Pavlovian seduction I would eventually get the coworker comfortable enough to share any schemes or plans for evil with me, and then alert the authorities in time to save the day. I would stand just outside the crime scene barricade wearing a superman cape and the victorious glare of a much younger, hotter, more female Bruce Willis. If there were no breeze, I would bring along a fan to flutter the cape for me.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Wanna trade co-workers?
  • Texusmc
    Texusmc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I go "lawfully" armed everywhere so that wouldn't be the issue. But if they gave me no cause to fear them I probably wouldn't. If they are making it hard to work there are other ways to deal with that.

I go Lawfully armed everywhere anyways as well. but when I did find out, it did make a bit more sense. (his anger issues and him flying off the handle about things, and why he is always listening to soothing music)
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've never thought about this scenario before, but I would probably bring them coffee in the morning on a regular and predictable schedule. Every time I brought the coffee, I would give them a compliment and then ask what their plans were. Using this highly scientific method of Pavlovian seduction I would eventually get the coworker comfortable enough to share any schemes or plans for evil with me, and then alert the authorities in time to save the day. I would stand just outside the crime scene barricade wearing a superman cape and the victorious glare of a much younger, hotter, more female Bruce Willis. If there were no breeze, I would bring along a fan to flutter the cape for me.

Every bit of this.
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options

/eyes suspiciously. I see we are both vying for this whole "evil genius ruling the world" title thing.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    that your co-worker was a convicted felon/murder and was released only because the courts LOST all of the records pertaining to the case. They have served half of the time they were sentenced to and still have anger issues. Would you be nervous around them? Would you be armed (lawfully) around them?

your thoughts- GO

Has this personally happened to you or a friend? Or this this a HYPERthetical?
  • lizzy00125
    lizzy00125 Posts: 138
    Options
    Considering I work in a prison, it wouldn't bother me. Without actual details of a case, it is hard to decide if I would even perceive this person as a threat. He/she may in fact be innocent and had a ****ty lawyer that couldn't get them out of it or maybe he/she murdered someone that harmed their child or someone important in their life.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

/eyes suspiciously. I see we are both vying for this whole "evil genius ruling the world" title thing.

You can rule. I'll be enforcement.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    depends what they were in prison for murder? disgusted rape? disgusted/uncomfortable/not want to work there anymore ever

drugs? i dont care theft? I would be worried of the potential of being robbed by them probably
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options

/high five