Short people...when 2 lbs makes a difference!

Options
How do other short women (I'm not quite 5'1") cope with the fact that a couple pounds of fluctuation makes a huge difference? If I weigh 108 lbs, I have a 6-pack and barely any cellulite dimpling; if I weigh 110, my stomach is flat and you can sort of still see the contour between my quads and hamstring; at 112 my face is looking fuller and my ribs start disappearing! This isn't a case of being a slave to the number on the scale; with less distance to stretch out the pounds it seems to make a visible difference. Do other people notice this? It just gives me anxiety that it can have such an impact!

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have a very small range between too thin and looking out of shape. It's worth taking a good long look at "Duck It" for this problem. It's not going anywhere, so the only thing you can do is take care of yourself. I know anxiety is hard to control, but this one is worth trying to let go of. :flowerforyou:
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I feel you.

Though, I'm working down from around 135 (145 originally) at 5'0. It feels so satisfying to be down so little and already noticing improvement.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm not short, but with the way I gain, a few pounds on me can be an entire dress size. I have to keep a full range of dress sizes in my closet, so I feel your pain.
  • Pritree
    Pritree Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact same way - it is really annoying! I hate that a couple of pounds can ruin my mood so much but it's so noticeable!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am 5'-2" and I don't notice the difference in 2 pounds at all, but maybe that is because my weight is higher than yours. My goal is 130 and I am just about there.
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates frequently, but as long as my measurements are the same, I don't care what the scales say. I bloat badly so I measure weekly instead of daily.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates frequently, but as long as my measurements are the same, I don't care what the scales say. I bloat badly so I measure weekly instead of daily.

also this
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 26 pounds one might think it's been 50. It works opposite as well. I'm 5'.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and my weight fluctuates a couple of pounds each day and it isn't too noticeable. I don't really mind, since it's water weight and my measurements are the same. As long as I fit into my clothes the way I like, I'm happy lol. Although, when I went over a certain weight, it was really noticeable and people started commenting on the extra layer of fat I had :grumble:
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Have you considered gaining weight via caloric surplus and weight lifting? It is a long term commitment but at 5'1 you can have a six pack and weigh more than 108
  • rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    So jealous haha. I'm 5'10" and there were a lot of people who didn't notice when I lost 30 lbs.
  • Crazygurl1211
    Options
    Hmmm...it's weird...I'm 5'4", not much taller than some of you, and it's the opposite for me. I can lose 30-40 pounds and people won't even notice. Of course the flip side is that I can also gain that amount of weight and it won't be that noticeable either - I'm currently about 100 pounds overweight, and people who look at me guess that I have 40-50 pounds to lose.
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft lost 18 pounds and barely anyone has noticed. I think it depends on how you hold the weight and how much you have to lose. As I get to lower numbers there will probably be more noticeable changes in my appearance.
    x
  • Trackerfit2
    Trackerfit2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain too!

5ft 1 too, I even find if I gain 2lbs my clothes feel snug!

Haven't been on Mfp (properly) for long enough to judge, but just wondering do you find it takes you a long time to go from 112 to say 104 mark? Have read on these boards that being shorter might make weight loss a tad slower but then others say as long as you're eating in a deficit weight should come off?

Keeping at it anyway because finding Mfp great overall, even just for energy :)