Quest Bars: are they worth it?

Options
13»

Replies

• tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    LOVE them!! They are tasty, help curb that need for a sweet treat and I need help reaching protein #'s. Every other month I order a box of Cookies and Cream and a sample box of 12 different flavors (this month I also ordered 12 singles - a few extra brownie, lemon and coconut cashew). If you choose 12 singles you will get box price and if you use coupon code "workout" free shipping. The Brownie on tastes like a tootsie roll. I break them into small pieces while at work and eat them like little caramels.
  • Sdrotty
    Sdrotty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    as for your other question of adding more protein. I really don't know what your daily goal is, but I don't seem to have that problem as a vegetarian. but my goals may be different than yours. I don't consume processed vegetarian meat, to me its kind of worthless. the rare occasion I do its a BBq type outing. I do however fill up on eggs, a plant fusion protein shake, beans, lentils, wildwood sprouted tofu or tempeh, quinoa, leafy greens, sprinkles of hemp seed etc. it all adds in my book. hope some of those options help!
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Wait, so the calorie information on the Quest bar is inaccurate? What's the cheapest place to get them? The best price I've seen is $24.99 for a box of 12 which is still rather expensive. I don't like that they are high carbs but that's a given for all nutritional bars.
  • blcgrace
    blcgrace Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes, the nutritional information listed on the bar is inaccurate. They've subtracted calories for each gram of fiber.

Take a cookie dough Quest bar, for instance. The information listed is: 190 calories/ 8 grams fat/ 21 grams carbs/ 21 grams protein

8 grams fat x 9 calories = 72 calories
    21 grams carbs x 4 calories = 84 calories
    21 grams protein x 4 calories = 84 calories

That adds up to 240 calories.

There are 240 calories in this bar, not 190 (as listed).
  • MagdaSea
    MagdaSea Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Son of a B! I'm glad that I just started eating these bad boys and was under for my caloric intake that day. Well that's disappointing. I'm more concerned with carbs than calories right now but it is still unfortunate. As well, it just makes me more paranoid about inaccurate labels of other products.

Gees, I'll just like stick with eating air from now on.
  • blcgrace
    blcgrace Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can manually add up your macros at the end of the day for more accurate numbers.

Take fat grams and multiply by 9.
    Take carb grams and multiply by 4.
    Take protein grams and multiply by 4.

Add up and there you go.

I tend to put this actual number in the notes section. Sometimes there's quite a difference between MFP totals and manual totals.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I don't even care about the calorie count being off. I can spare 50-70 calories if it means satisfying my sweet tooth.
  • ashleyxmar
    Options
    we should boycott Questnutrition until they bring down the price of their quest bars
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I vote yes as well. Less candy bar-ish and better nutritional macros overall versus other brands (and I've tried a dozen or more).
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My only beef with Quest is their use of artificial sweeteners. The cancer link scares me. Just a bit. So I don't eat them. But many ppl (mostly guys) I know, love them and feel they're worth the $
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    My only beef with Quest is their use of artificial sweeteners. The cancer link scares me. Just a bit. So I don't eat them. But many ppl (mostly guys) I know, love them and feel they're worth the $

If I'm not mistaken, Quest bars are sweetened with stevia, which is a natural sugar?
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    They are a tasty treat. That is all.
  • tawnywest
    tawnywest Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    There was a story on the internet recently about a guy who ate a Quest bar every 3 hours while he was awake and lost 78 pounds on that diet. I wouldn't recommend that but when I heard that I immediately went out and bought a bunch. They are very rich and satisfying.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    They are good quality bar, They have changed some of the ingredients in the bars that come into Canada. Liked them better the old way. Still not to bad.
  • summerprogress14
    Options
    omg is that even a question!!! yes ofc they are!! the chocolate brownie flavour & banana nut muffin r my favs!! :)
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    dang I wish I would have seen the coupons before I bought my first box yesterday! I got chocolate lover's for 32 bucks :(
  • Boxing987
    Boxing987 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    where is coupons?