Quinoa Vegetable Soup Crock Pot Recipe

Options
HealthyChanges2010
HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
This whole site is full of awesome tips and tricks on using quinoa and probably more than most of us knew about it, it's a pretty cool site!. Everything below is from that site. Enjoy!:flowerforyou:

http://www.squidoo.com/quinoa-is-yummy

My Easy and Delicious Vegetable Soup Crock Pot Recipe

In the morning, fill your Crockpot about half full with prepared vegetable broth, turn the pot on high and add a handful of washed whole Quinoa, 1/4 cup of dry brown rice (not minute or instant rice), a Tablespoon of wild rice, a handful of mixed dry beans (I like mini fava beans, white beans, kidneys, garbanzo beans, and anasazi beans), 1 cup of chopped carrot, 1/2 cup of chopped celery, and add in whatever other veggies you'd like - we use torn spinach leaves, parsley, diced turnips and beets, and onions. Season with just a touch of sea salt, some black pepper, and celery salt. Let it simmer all day and viola' perfect dinner soup! One tip - if you want to add peas, wait until a few minutes before serving and then just toss in some frozen ones, that works the best.

Replies

• mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • ababygrace
    Options
    sounds awesome. I will try this. I love slow cooker meals that are healthy because it is less to think about.
  • thelima
    thelima Posts: 234
    Options
    This sounds truly yummy!

Thanks for sharing.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Thanks for the recipe:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Looking for more recipes with Quinoa in them, specifically Winter slow cooker ones. I think I may have hit the jackpot on a site I just found. I'll post more if they look to be good ones.:drinker: