What are your Gym Hacks?

Options

Replies

• rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I know "hack" is a cool word to use these days, but maybe in a non-creeper way you could study other people's use of the word and figure out how you should be using it.

As a non-native speaker of English I have no idea what it means in regard to any use and it's meaning. I have seen it used in regard to Ikea furniture, kitchen & gardening stuff, but have no idea what they are talking about.

He is using the word wrong. I like urbandictionary for weird english slang.
  • stacy71773
    stacy71773 Posts: 27
    Options
    What bluetooth headset do you use? I've been looking at a few but haven't decided on one yet...they do seem a lot nicer than having the cord getting in your way!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I made note of this thread a few hours ago, it's going according to plan.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Every machine is multipurpose. You can do leg extensions or foam roll
    tumblr_micchfvepy1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Just arms? How about a full body workout.
    tumblr_mfkweghi3g1qdlh1io1_r1_250.gif

If you dress as Picachu you have more power
    wtf-gym-14.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

If you dress as Picachu you have more power
    wtf-gym-14.jpg

Hey hey now. Don't knock it until you try it.

And if you do, make sure to put up lots of pictures and vids :bigsmile:
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I run the cord of my earphones thru the neck hole and arm of my shirt so the cord doesn't catch on things.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    welcome to the internet- where things don't always go the way you had planned.
    Yep, trolls are seemingly in never short supply. But, you know, whatever works for you I guess.

Jeez louise, how many more seconds till you start complaining about Internet bullies?
    Oh you know how it is... you set a nice table for adults, and some kid decides to leave their table to tell you how just how hardcore they are that instead of moving on when a thread isn't for them, they waste their precious time and effort to tell you that you that they are so GTFO. Boggles the mind.

So true. It's very annoying. You should start a new thread asking people here to have some respect and if they can't contribute just move on. Make a thread saying that people shouldn't be so mean to each other.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I run the cord of my earphones thru the neck hole and arm of my shirt so the cord doesn't catch on things.

Of look, a life hack.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

that might be more of a macgyver than a hack. hopefully OP will come back soon to settle it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Of look, a life hack.

We seem to have the same taste in EVERYTHING. Can I borrow your shoes for Saturday?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Of look, a life hack.

We seem to have the same taste in EVERYTHING. Can I borrow your shoes for Saturday?

Certainly! Can borrow your scarf?

#fashionhack
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Of look, a life hack.

Certainly! Can borrow your scarf?

#fashionhack

yes you may but for a shilling

#deloreanhack
  • jackoninny
    jackoninny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First I perform a general vulnerability assessment and check the infrastructure for security flaws. After that I perform a series of penetration tests, and once successful I exploit the vulnerabilities for the purpose of mischief, vandalism, or finacial gain.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    First I perform a general vulnerability assessment and check the general infrastructure for security flaws. After that I perform a series of penetration tests, and once successful I exploit the vulnerabilities for the purpose of mischief, vandalism, or finacial gain.

^Making my day :flowerforyou: :love:
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    When I'm done with my workout, I put extra weight on the bar and leave it. This leads people to believe that I'm stronger than I really am. This is doubly effective considering I workout alone, at home. I come down to the gym the next day and I'm all "WHOA, I am strong as hell!"

And it's a mini workout for the next person who has to deload. That's two workouts in one! Everyone wins.
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have my work out on my iPad so I don`t waste time
    i use the timer to ensure I do not rest too long
    I use my iPhone to video myself to check form
    gym bag always had band aids, antiseptic wipes and new skin ( kettle bells destroy you hands ), and a gu in case I have a sugar slump

by the way - never ... ever ... lift in running shoes
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    All I said was I just show up, do my thing, and gtfo. OP decided to start to talking trash about everyone who doesn't have some stupid checklist of rituals to get them through their workout. Some clowns step up to the free throw line, wipe both shoes, bounce the ball 8 times, take 3 breathes, then throw up a brick. I just hit the shot and gtfo. Sorry if I messed up the table you set with your OCD bro...
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    where-did-you-get-that-hack-the-toilet-store.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    hack1
    hak/Submit
    verb
    verb: hack; 3rd person present: hacks; past tense: hacked; past participle: hacked; gerund or present participle: hacking
    cut with rough or heavy blows.
    "hack off the dead branches"
    synonyms: cut, chop, hew, lop, saw; More
    use a computer to gain unauthorized access to data in a system.
    "they hacked into a bank's computer"
    gain unauthorized access to (data in a computer).
    "hacking private information from computers"
    informal
    manage; cope.
    "lots of people leave because they can't hack it"
    synonyms: cope, manage, get on/by, carry on, come through, muddle along/through; More
    noun
    noun: hack; plural noun: hacks
    a rough cut, blow, or stroke.
    "he was sure one of us was going to take a hack at him"
    (in sports) a kick or hit inflicted on another player.
    a cut or gash.
    a tool for rough striking or cutting, e.g., a mattock or a miner's pick.
    informal
    an act of computer hacking.
    a piece of computer code providing a quick or inelegant solution to a particular problem.
    "this hack doesn't work on machines that have a firewall"

Urban Dictionary definition # 19

hack
    - An individual that unintentionally makes life difficult for others.

- A troll that has somehow justified their actions and doesn't think they're actually trolling.

- Someone that doesn't take responsibility for their actions and it negatively affects the group.

- A joke of a person
    Mike - "Yo did Chris put in money for the restaurant bill?"
    John - "He said he didn't have to because he only bought a soda"
    Mike - "He's a hack"

Chris - "Did John throw up in the bathroom and not clean it up?"
    Gabe - "I'm not sure but if so that was a hack move"
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    i never heard hack used the way it has been in the OP.