Need Easy snack ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• mauck1975
    mauck1975 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I slice a bannana and spread some peanut butter on it. very yummy:)
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    kashi bars are great and no hidden bad things in them. i usually have hot tea and big glass of water with my afternoon snack. I like something sweet, so a kashi bar or dry cereal or a banana works well with the tea and water
  • lilmama1223
    Options
    Frozen grapes?? I've never tried that. That sounds pretty good.
  • reikichris
    Options
    I have been cutting apple slices super thin. It takes forever to eat 1/2 apple that way. I sprinkle it with a little cinnamon for something different.

I also have tried 1 tablespoon of hummus with Original Light Flatout bread. Filling and tasty.
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I love the Kellogg's fiber plus bars - 120-130 calories and they have 35-40% of your daily fiber requirement.

Also, frozen berries - blueberries, strawberries, etc. are very sweet but also healthy and take a while to eat!
  • erin6026
    erin6026 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You need something with protein and/or fiber if you want to feel full. That's why grapes and animal crackers aren't doing it!

I like a rice cake with almond butter (lots of protein), or a few slices of turkey and a hard-boiled egg (more protein). Hummus and carrots and/or celery are good too (protein and fiber!). Yogurt and some granola too.

Yes some of those need refrigeration, but I bet you have a fridge at work!
  • meeshymee1
    Options
    I see that you have lost 58 lbs. I've always lost 4 and than relapse. How did you do it?
  • sbusch21
    Options
    I have been eating clif bars in the mid-morning to help me get through breakfast and lunch on my long days at school. They are very filling and tasty! I really like the peanut butter crunch, blueberry almond, and black cherry almond.
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    WOW ! thanks for the great ideas...i can't wait to go shopping this weekend...no more boring snacks for me.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    watch the water though too much can drain your body of needed minerals! drink only when thirsty
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    went shopping yesterday and found ...90 calorie frozen packs of edamame, perfect for bringing to work! I also am going to try many of your other suggestions, thanks for keeping my snacking exciting!