Does it not bug anyone the repetitive nature of questions?

Options

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I would say that a lot of the repetitive question are made by people

A) Trying to sell something
    2) Have an agenda
    3) Purposely trying to get a rise out of people.
    4) Trying to get hits for the website.

Now excuse me while I wash down my raspberry keystones and green coffee bean extract with a MLM magical shake with hundreds of super foods in it.

And bacon......

Never forget bacon.

I need bacon.
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    What strikes me as more pointless than the repetitive questions is the "would you ______ the person above you/spank, date, dump, whatever to the person above you/person above you profession/name, etc?" These are posted constantly--no, I don't look at them anymore. As for the repetitive questions, I'm a little more lenient, esp if a noobie is inquiring. Sure, the Search can be implemented. Besides, on this site, just how esoteric does one want the inquiries??
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Nope, doesn't annoy me one bit

When I was new here I asked a lot of questions that have probably been asked before (didn't even think of the search function back then) and got a lot of answers that helped me get to where I am now.

If we are spending time on this forum anyway then does it really matter how many times the question is asked if the answer helps the OP?
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I loveeeeeeee it! The repetition titillates me.

IN! for titillates...
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    Surely by now every conceivable question must have been answered many times, so if everyone did a search there would be no forum because no questions would ever need to be asked again (except the chit chat topic maybe).
  • ravenribbs
    Options
    >>Never forget bacon.<<

Not possible.
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me. If people were required to only ask questions that nobody had ever answered before this would be a very boring and quiet place to be. We come here to exchange information, ideas. and support. Preaching at people about what they post doesn't help them. It more than likely has run a lot of people away from MFP and that's really sad.

Sweating the small stuff isn't healthy. Peace.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I loveeeeeeee it! The repetition titillates me.

IN! for titillates...

wheeeeeeeee!!!!! Yesyesyesyesyes!
  • ravenribbs
    Options
    >>Sweating the small stuff isn't healthy. Peace. <<

+1
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    New people, different day.....posts that receive 50+ responses are kind of a waste of time.
    You never know if the OP even read yours or not.
    It's kinda like talking to yourself. hahaha Just my opinion.
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I find it highly annoying. :laugh: If there's something I'm curious about or just don't know, I'll use the search function. It tends to gather a lot of useful information without clogging up the board with the same, often repeated questions.

But how doe threads like this not clog up the board? And then there are people who just wanna complain about the question being somehow unacceptable and trying to shame people into submission. Not exactly a hospitable place for new people.

Also, I joined in 2012 but never used the site until recently. When I see someone post a question I sometimes realize that their question is never anything I would have ever thought to ask and I end up clicking on it and learning. I have made new friends on those kinds of threads and we support each other on our own outside the community.

I think it is safe to assume that the vast majority of questions have already been answered, so if it bothers people, don't look at the board to answer any more questions.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    no
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    I love the "I just can't eat my 1200 cal. I'm too stuffed" yet you look at their ticker and they're like 200lbs overweight. Just insane how many of those are posted.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Nope... Doesn't bother me either. I have learned so much after coming here from the kindness of strangers. Very knowledgeable people here.. So if someone is questioning, least we can do is answer with the best advice out there. Love this board!!!
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My impression has been it's a can't-win scenario. If you ask a repetitive question, you get harangued for asking a question for the hundredth time. If you use the search function, find an old thread, and bump it to thank the OP, reignite the conversation, etc., you get harangued for necro'ing a dead thread.

Mostly I just like using the word "harangue."

I enjoyed your use of it too; must work 'harangue' into a sentence soon... :)
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'm mean 9 times out of 10 i will always see someone asking why they aren't loosing weight and they are eating something ridiculous like 700 kals a day and sending they're bodys into starvation mode.

:/

It's intriguing: i find this one repetitive. And very like a young man, too. Nobody's not losing weight at 700 cals a day. Otherwise they'd put all the biafrans on a starvation diet and watch them get fat, wouldn't they.

It's wise not to point the finger at the stupidity of others when one's not fully locked in about a subject oneself.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm mean 9 times out of 10 i will always see someone asking why they aren't loosing weight and they are eating something ridiculous like 700 kals a day and sending they're bodys into starvation mode. :/
    You're not the first person to ask this question.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    OP posts question about the annoyance of repetitive questions, doesn't realize this is a repetitive question.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    The only thing that bugs me is when the same person asks the same question over and over, or asks the same basic question in multiple posts slightly different ways because they don't like the answer they are getting.