How much weight have you lost?

Options

Replies

• Irish4987
    Irish4987 Posts: 2
    Options
    :grumble: :angry: Any suggestions for a pre diabetic to loose weight please reply. 2 weeks and 0 loss. Discouraged....
  • absinthexiii
    absinthexiii Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    In 1 Month I....

-20lbs
    -2" Waist
    -5" Hips
    -1" Upper Arms (off each)
    -2" Chest
    -3" Thighs (off each)
    -1" Calves (off each)
  • rainbowunicorns720
    rainbowunicorns720 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Six months for 53 pounds. All diet. I weight lift sometimes but nowhere near regular enough to make a difference...but I'm changing that!!! If you aren't losing either your calories aren't low enough, you are overestimating your caloric burn or you aren't logging as good as you think you are. On the rare occasion I exercise I never count the calories burned...they're just a "bonus" to my deficit.
  • jeskuhsmeekers
    jeskuhsmeekers Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i'm down 28lbs since jan 2nd so that's about 6 mons i haven't been very strict with myself some weeks i lose a few lbs some i stay the same... as long as the scale isn't going up dont worry to much about it. you still need to live life don't let dieting or calorie counting run your life. and exercise as much as you can.
  • concord1995
    concord1995 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    70 pounds over 3 1/2 years.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Before myfitnesspal I lost around 40 pounds over the course of a year just trying to watch what I eat without counting calories.

I've lost around 12 pounds over 16 weeks so far on myfitnesspal. I think I could have lost more by now but I did not record when I took a 5 week road trip to visit family. I don't really regret making that decision (I don't have a smart phone, so it would not have been possible most days), however I do realize that it set me back from my goal by 5 weeks as well. I didn't lose or gain during that time-frame.

So in reality I guess it took me 11 weeks to lose 12 pounds.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    :grumble: :angry: Any suggestions for a pre diabetic to loose weight please reply. 2 weeks and 0 loss. Discouraged....

Even though the scale isn't moving, you could still be making progress. I know I was frustrated this week with being VERY diligent about logging (think food scale for every measurable item that wasn't prepackaged) and the scale wouldn't budge. I was retaining water because of my TOM. The water has been slowly coming off. Even though the scale isn't budging, I'm continuing to log, exercise, and do the other things that I need to do because I could be toning my body and losing some inches. Eventually the scale will catch up.

The biggest thing I've learned is not to give up just because the scale isn't cooperating. There could be many reasons for it. Just be diligent with logging your entries, stick to your deficit, and consider not eating back all of your exercise calories (maybe just a percentage of what you get as MFP seems to overestimate what you burn). Personally, I'm not going to let a week of water weight stop me on this journey!
  • claudineer
    claudineer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Mid-December to present (May 17th 2014) 42LBS.
  • Fattackler2013
    Fattackler2013 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've lost 11lbs in 2 weeks. My next weigh in is on the 22nd May 2014. (I weigh myself every 2 weeks on a Thursday because that's when I restarted at the gym.) :D
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Since starting T25 (6 weeks ago)
    Weight Down 9.4 kgs (21 lbs)
    Waist down 3.5 inches
    Chest down 1 inch
    Neck down 1.5 inches.
    Body fat down 2.6 percentage points (tape measure method)

Since being told I am Pre diabetic
    Weight down 17kgs in 13 weeks.

Seeing my GP/ doctor/ quack this coming Friday to see what they say.

Secret measure everything liquid, weigh everything solid.
    Weigh body everyday as soon as I get up and use the Happy Scales app to even out and understand daily variation.

Have fun
  • fallenluna
    fallenluna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    52lbs with lots of ups and downs. Started in August 2013.
  • deannc1
    deannc1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • deannc1
    deannc1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    60 pounds in 3 months :)
    [/quote

That is awesome!
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I started in February and I'm down 39. :)
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    20lbs since January
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    86 in about 8.5 months.
  • beckystaystrong
    Options
    105 in 2 years

holy cow! congrats!
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    6kg (13lbs) in 7 months, yup I am going pretty slow, and yes I have been investigating why. Quite frustrating. But at least I am doing it. Just start IF 5:2 lets hope that works.
  • frozentrace
    frozentrace Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    6kg (13lbs) in 7 months, yup I am going pretty slow, and yes I have been investigating why. Quite frustrating. But at least I am doing it. Just start IF 5:2 lets hope that works.

even though it is a slow process, it's so worth! dont let that discourage you!
  • welcomebackkashmir
    Options
    41 pounds in 2 months
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!