Tony Little's Gazelle??

Options
2»

Replies

• xtinax01
    Options
    I have one and I love it. There are different ways to use your body as resistance to maximize your workout.
  • Chrissiebear
    Options
    How do you enter it into My Fitness Pal Exercise Categories? I haven't been able to find it and wanted to log my extra exercise from the gazelle!!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Okay ... now I have to go Google a Gazelle ... I'll get back to ya

yeah... I read "I've recently inherited a gazelle" and imagined a gazelle skipping around in your back garden.....
  • nofoodforthemood
    Options
    How do you enter it into My Fitness Pal Exercise Categories? I haven't been able to find it and wanted to log my extra exercise from the gazelle!!

Results for Gazelle Glider - Moderate (aerobic)..put this under "create exercise"

#Minutes # Calories
    1 13
    5 65
    10 130
    20 260
    30 390
    40 520
    50 650
    60 (1 Hour) 780
  • jamesbenchia
    jamesbenchia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For anyone considering using the Gazelle Edge - I can recommend it specifically for people who need a low impact cardio exercise or beginners. It is quite useful for that, but not nearly as much for moderate to advanced users looking for a more vigorous cardio workout.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's a lightweight elliptical? Does it have resistance built in?

Yes ellipticals work for cardio but they won't be burning 170 calories in 15 minutes so please don't eat them all back

The calorie burn will be based on your weight and intensity

To put this in perspective if I use a gym elliptical at 17/25 resistance (so pretty high) and 9 km/hr it would take me, at 160lbs, 14 mins to burn 100 calories

An elliptical is around 5 mets for moderate effort ..so your bodyweight in kg x 5 will give you an hourly calorie burn estimate
  • fullome
    fullome Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve recently acquired a Gazelle Freestyle. I love it. BUT....you need to actually do a workout to get a workout. There are so many ways to use your body as resistance. Check out a video. Lean forward. Lean backward. Squat. Get on your toes. Don’t expect to lose weight just gliding.