Two Hearts Terrine 261 cals 18g fat 5g carbs 20g protein

Options
srmchan
srmchan Posts: 206 Member
Here's one I learned many years ago at a cooking class at The Disney Institute at Disney World. It's got a lot of ingredients, but I'll double or triple the recipe and make several rolls to eat over the course of several meals. I can eat the terrine mixture right out of the bowl - but it's best served with a mixed greens salad and drizzled with warm olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

1/4 cup cooked shrimp, minced
1/4 cup artichoke hearts, minced
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1/2 tablespoon shallots, minced
1/2 tablespoon capers, minced
1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
salt and pepper to taste

1 ounce sliced smoked salmon, Novie preferred
1 canned heart of palm, blotted dry and trimmed
2 tablespoons of ground pistachio nuts

I like to prep everything in advance. Helps me stay organized. Get the first 11 ingredients (everything except the salmon, heart of palm and pistachio nuts) ready to go.
76cce78d-8d7d-466a-a827-7f0ad6af6edf.jpg

Dump the terrine ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
D01524F6-D0C3-48AD-AF68-367E7BA35299.jpg

Spread the mixture on parchment or wax paper into roughly a 4" x 4" square. Blot dry a heart of palm and wrap with a slice of smoked salmon.

76214318-6B10-4500-81CC-C6ADC605B020.jpg

Using the wax or parchment paper to form the roll, wrap the terrine mixture around the salmon-wrapped heart of palm.
453B5B76-E015-48A4-9533-2E31384D92C9.jpg

Keep the roll wrapped in the paper and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. After the roll is well chilled, unwrap the roll and spread the chopped pistachios into a rectangle. Gently roll terrine over the pistachios until it's encrusted. Wrap the roll back up in the paper and chill until ready to serve.
4ADD58D6-DF86-4EF9-B13E-58B6630DAB1C.jpg

With the terrine still wrapped in paper, cut into discs when ready to server. Gently pull the paper of each disc and arrange on a chilled salad plate. Goes great with mixed greens, warm olive oil and balsamic vingar.

DF205D7D-0224-4F78-9EBF-0C308D94FF60.jpg

Replies

• amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Wow...impressive presentation. :D
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    No wonder you are always posting yummy recipes. You worked at Disney!
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    No wonder you are always posting yummy recipes. You worked at Disney!

I didn't work there... just went to a few fun classes at The Disney Institute. I have a few other recipes I learned to make there that'll I'll share someday. One of the better ones is Chocolate S'mores Soufflé. Imagine a chocolate soufflé base in a Graham cracker crust, mini marsh mellows, and Godiva caramel liqueur for the finish. It's every bit as good as it sounds.

Sam
  • TriEmma
    TriEmma Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that looks and sounds delicious!
  • shannoncampbell87
    shannoncampbell87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump