Venus Factor Info Please

Replies

• HI there!
    Thank you for clarifying the exercise part of the Venus program. What about the "eat food at certain times of the day?" Can anyone help me with that.
  • Just watch the official video at http://venusweightloss.info/official-video
    Hope this helps!
  • clk0715
    clk0715 Posts: 1
    There is a disclaimer saying that if you have any bone injuries that The Venus Factor is not the program for you. I hope they answer you and you get your money back but I just wanted you aware that they could use that against you because of the disclaimer:(
  • wifeof1andmomof3
    wifeof1andmomof3 Posts: 2 Member
    I did a webMD search and found this informative article on Leptin. Maybe this will help with the basic understanding of what it is and how it works in the body. It still doesn't answer my main question; would this program help. I'm skeptical though. There is more advertising masked as an informative article than actual reviews. That doesn't pass my sniff test.
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-facts-on-leptin-faq
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,451 Member
    Any program "appealing" to females only are smart marketing programs. Why? Because statistically women will spend 10 times more money than a male when it comes to self improvement.
    The dieting and fitness industry KNEW this which is why they've come up with terms like "toning" and "shaping" when essentially it's just lifting weights.
    Doing this for over 30 years now and being a professional in the business, I've seen this same **** over and over again, just with different advertising.
    ANY program will work if one sticks to it and all have ONE COMMON direction................calorie deficit.
    I've looked at the Venus program workout and it's a good workout. Nothing wrong with it. Just don't think that it's the workout that's making the difference though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • pugout
    pugout Posts: 2
    I have lost weight and tried to lose weight several times in my life and the Venus Factor has been the easiest one I have ever done. I have following the plan for 7 weeks and am down 18.2 pounds as of this morning. Nice thing is I decide what I eat and it really does encourage you to eat healthy. Lean meats and lots of fruits and vegetables. You even get to treat yourself on regular basis so there are no bad foods so no depression that you will never get to eat the "fun" stuff ever again. This program is a lifestyle change for me not really a diet. The first plan I have done that I truly feel I can follow forever. I know from experience that it works.
  • pugout
    pugout Posts: 2
    I am down 18.2 pounds on the venus factor and am not exercising at all. In fact, what I read is that if you are not exercising now, you shouldn't start exercising until you get through the first 12 weeks or longer if you have more to lose. Because the program reduces your calorie intake, exercising burns the calories you are getting and can cause your body to think it is starving and stunt your weight loss by slowing your metabolsim. I don't intend to start working out until I am closer to reaching my goal weight. I imagine exercising will be much easier when I am not carrying all the extra weight.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Why would you want more info on some fly by night, take your money scheme?

And bump ancient threads?
  • I've purchased and tried The Venus Factor program, and I can say with confidence it isn't for everyone.
  • As someone who's been reading up on this program online, I'm VERY curious about it. I've been working my *kitten* off for weeks (since the end of December) and have VERY LITTLE to show for it.

Reading through the comments here, however, gives me a lot more hesitation than the "infomercial" did. There are at least 12 people in the comments area who have less than 5 posts to their name and several that only have 1, with no pictures of themselves. I find that highly fishy, especially since a few of those "single post people" are directly after another "single post" person.

I don't expect easy, but I'd like to know if the workouts are so that people with a LOT to lose can actually do them.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I don't have any information on the Venus Factor, but I do know that in order to change my body composition and improve my health, what worked for me was:

Progressive Weight training 3-4 times a week. There are LOTS of resources out there on the internet. Look up Nia Shanks or New Rules of Lifting for Women if you specifically want something for females but really, there is no reason whatsoever why men and women should train differently. if you go to a gym, pay for a session or two with a trainer and get your technique right so you don't injure yourself.

Walking every day - 10,000 steps. No need for running or high intensity cardio. By all means, do it if you like it, but it's not necessary. Lift weights and walk.

Eating at a moderate deficit (estimated TDEE less 15-20%). Don't be pedantic about it. If you go over by 500 calories one day, eat a bit less the next day.

Daily Protein 2g per kilo body weight (will keep you fuller for longer and keep muscles supported for growth).

Reduce wheat and recreational sugar

Stick with it and be patient.
  • ninerbuff
    Another suggestion is yoga and stretching exercises, this will help relax and lengthen the calf muscles.
    Lol, you CAN'T lengthen muscle. It's attached to tendons that are attached to bones. Physically impossible to do with any stretching or exercise. Now surgery would be a different answer.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    I am down 18.2 pounds on the venus factor and am not exercising at all. In fact, what I read is that if you are not exercising now, you shouldn't start exercising until you get through the first 12 weeks or longer if you have more to lose. Because the program reduces your calorie intake, exercising burns the calories you are getting and can cause your body to think it is starving and stunt your weight loss by slowing your metabolsim. I don't intend to start working out until I am closer to reaching my goal weight. I imagine exercising will be much easier when I am not carrying all the extra weight.
    Metabolism starts slowing once one reduces calories. This is NOT disputed by any journals of science, physiology, biology or sports medicine. It's also why people eat less and less calories while they lose weight unless physical activity is added to increase it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • RockabillyBird
    RockabillyBird Posts: 4 Member
    Is there any way to download these exercise video's to a DVD. I don't love having to use the computer all the time.

I am just starting my journey all over again and am looking for something rigid. Meal plans and exercise program to strictly follow...

I too had trouble finding actual reviews and info about what you are getting. And reviews were suspicious to me, too. I started to buy the $49 package at the end of the commercial. Then noticed it was all electronic copies and log ins to get to vids. I emailed them for more info on hard copies, etc. No answer at all. I don't want to be attached to my PC either. I know how to connect it to my TV, but others in my home need access to the PC, usually at the same time I want to work out.

Today I found a trial for $9.95, which charges you the rest of the $49 a week later. After purchasing the trial you find out about all these extras to purchase for the full experience. There is no info you can't already find somewhere else for free. There are e-books about losing and recipes, etc. that never have the recipes or the list of "foods to eat and avoid". They are just advertisements for other crap. They did have the workout and the meal plan PDF. AND it says you can buy hard copies for EVEN MORE money!!

5 min after buying the trial, my bank texted me there was fraud on my card. They where already trying to charge the remaining $39!!! I had to have my card cancelled!!

I HATE it!! DO NOT BUY INTO IT!!!
  • I have to disagree with the last comment. The Venus Factor worked for both myself and my mom. I have lost a lot of weight over the last 10 weeks and I feel and look better than I have for a long long time. While my mom was suffering from diabetes and the doctor was amazed at the positive changes since she started the program. And all I see are positive comments here and on other forums.

We can all make up our own minds and I think it is unfair to tell others not to buy the program when it works for some women . I paid $47 for the Venus Factor program which covers both me and my mom and I think it was money well spent.
  • julieharrell1
    julieharrell1 Posts: 29 Member
    You buy access to a website that you use input your height, current weight and some other measurements. The website then calculates your daily calorie allowance and how many grams of protein you need to eat. It also gives you what your maintenance calories are for your ideal weight.. You eat the losing calorie level for 5 days in a row, then eat maintenance level for one day. It's a 12 week program and most weeks you get 2 maintenance days. There is tons diet advice, but I've heard most of it before. You emails everyday with suggestions. There are a lot of exercises they tell you to do everyday. Some of them are kinda hard. It cost me 47 dollars. Weight Watchers cost that every month and didn't work. This program has been working so far.
  • SallyFTW
    SallyFTW Posts: 36
    I have to disagree with the last comment. The Venus Factor worked for both myself and my mom. I have lost a lot of weight over the last 10 weeks and I feel and look better than I have for a long long time. While my mom was suffering from diabetes and the doctor was amazed at the positive changes since she started the program. And all I see are positive comments here and on other forums.

We can all make up our own minds and I think it is unfair to tell others not to buy the program when it works for some women . I paid $47 for the Venus Factor program which covers both me and my mom and I think it was money well spent.

Yes I share the same opinion! I have been following the program and have found it works well and is easy to follow.

I also agree that there is a lack of information on the Venus Factor. I totally understand where you're coming from. I had a similar problem with trying numerous new diets and getting bored with counting calories. The Venus Factor however was a pleasant surprise and $47 really isn’t much money for all that is included. I saved that amount in the first couple of weeks from adjusting my grocery shopping. As a side note I just bought four tickets to the World Trade Center museum in NY and that cost me $98, so $47 doesn’t seem that steep!

With regard to the diet, I haven’t had any trouble finding the foods or following the plan. It has been quite a straight forward process. On the whole, my experience with the Venus Factor has been enjoyable and I do recommend getting started if you’re in need of a weight loss program. With regard to a review, I found www.howtolookslimmer.com offers an excellent Venus Factor review, which I personally found both helpful and accurate.
  • xrysanthi
    xrysanthi Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I was recently introduced to the Venus Factor and have read the ebook. It sounds pretty simple to follow. My question however is regarding the supplements they suggest to take specifically the leptin. I've been doing lots of research on this subject and pretty much everything I have read says that "leptin is a digestible protein that doesn’t enter the bloodstream, it can’t be taken in supplement form" (webmd). So my question is, has anyone purchased and taken the leptin supplement they suggest and did it work for you. I already take a fish oil and a probiotic daily so I don't have to worry about that. Also, do you know if the oleanic acid is sold anywhere?