Burrito Casserole

2»

Replies

• jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    This sounds great! I would be the only one to eat something like this in my family, so I wonder if I could cut the recipe down and use a 8x8 pan instead.

Thanks for the recipe!
  • Hardemanwifey
    Hardemanwifey Posts: 261 Member
    thanks for sharing. I'm really enjoying these recipes
  • Yummy...going to try this one this weekend!!
  • jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    BUMP

OK...i have to ask...what is BUMP? Definitely a dumb question...but Ive seen it all over this site and have never asked...
  • @jchecks- Bump just means someone is saving it to their "my topics" or bump it up to the top of the thread titles.
  • Bump!
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Jeanine_Colavecchi Posts: 185 Member
    Ok, soo many people messaged me for this and its for dinner tonight, so its finally getting posted. I'm in a hurry so hopefully there's no mistakes (I double checked but you never know), going to the gym!

This is my hubby's FAVORITE meal ever! I had to think of a way to reduce some of the calories b/c we eat it a few times a month and I enjoy it as well.

This dish has 12 servings that are only 244 calories a piece!!! Love it! This one is actually my own, so yay haha.

6 Buena Vida Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortillas - found these at walmart, only 70 calories a piece!
    1 lb lean ground beef
    1 4 oz can diced green chiles, drained
    1 16 oz can fat free refried beans
    2 10 oz cans enchilada sauce, whatever heat you like. I personally love verde :)
    1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
    1 medium onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    2 cups Kraft 2% Mexican cheese blend

Preheat oven to 375, grease a 9x13" pan.

In a medium skillet, brown ground beef with garlic and onion until cooked through. Add in taco seasoning, refried beans, 1.5 cans of enchilada sauces, and green chiles. Let simmer for about 10 to 15 min.

Layer sauce in bottom of pan, using just enough to cover the bottom. Layer 2 of the tortillas down then add about half the remaining sauce and 3/4 cup of cheese. Repeat layer once then add one more layer of tortilla with remaining cheese. Cover with foil and bake 15 min, remove foil and cook additional 10 min or until heated through and cheese is bubbly hot.

Divide into 12 equal servings, my hubby likes extra sauce which is there is 1/2 can remaining. Can also add tomatoes and lettuce if desired, and of course sour cream but don't forget to add in the calories!!

Nutrition facts as follows!

Per serving
    Calories 244, Carbs 15, Fat 12, Protein 19, Fiber 4, Sodium 815

I usually serve this with some Spanish Rice on the side or some fiesta type veggie like corn with peppers - maybe even the spicy creamed corn I posted earlier in the week!

Enjoy!! :)

As always, this recipe was posted in my blog: www.cookinglightwithcourtney.blogspot.com

This is very similar to the "Burrito Pie" recipe I've been making for years on allrecipes.com...very good!
  • same kind of structure as my enchilada casserole i make, but looks like it is healthier... way less sodium anyway. Definitely will have to try this but i think i will need to make a smaller dish of it. Don't have a family to feed and this is waaay more left overs than i can deal with. :-) (have you tried freezing it after you have cooked it? I would be curious how it freezes.)
  • bump
  • I looked at this recipe earlier, and I've been thinking about it all day! I can't wait to make it! Thank you!
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    bump
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Sounds yummy- can't wait to try it!
  • Made this for an office dinner party last night and thought it was quite good. My recipe actually got it down to 186 calories. I used extra lean ground turkey (Honeysuckle so no added sodium) I use my own taco mix so there is no salt added to that. I used Latortilla Factory - Smart & Delicious Tortilla Whole Wheat/Low Carb High Fiber. I also used a mix of Frontera - Gourmet Enchilada Sauce--Chipotle Garlic and Old Elpaso - Enchilada Sauce. One was medium and one mild. I didn't have enough of the Frontera and couldn't find the same flavor again, nor could I find another medium, so I mixed the two. Worked just fine. Everything else I used was to have the least amount of sodium possible. I don't mind adding salt but I do like to control it myself. In the end, I didn't need to add any. There was enough sodium and spice to flavor it nicely.

Calories - 186
    Carbs - 19
    Fat - 6
    Protein - 20
    Fiber - 8
    Sugar - 1
    Sodium - 834
  • lprewett86
    lprewett86 Posts: 43 Member
    bump!!!!
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    This sounds so delicious! Im gonna try it tomorrow~!
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    bump!!
  • Laurao75
    Laurao75 Posts: 1 Member
    Sounds soo yummy :) I think we may have to give it a try.

Thank you :)
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Mexican is our favorite! Thanks for the recipe--will definitely be trying this!