Replies

• TLContheGulfCoast
    TLContheGulfCoast Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    fixed below
  • TLContheGulfCoast
    TLContheGulfCoast Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do not want to lose weight for my boyfriend. He tells me that I don't need to lose weight if I don't want to. Yes, I want him to be proud of me. But he is nothing but supportive....

Second, after typing that and reading your responses, I have been able to really admit to myself that I have a problem that I need help with.... will be returning to college in the fall and they have free counselors on campus. In the mean time, however, I will begin by seeing if I can find any online forums like this one, but catered more toward self-esteem and over eating disorders.

If you would like another MFP friend, feel free to add me; I only have one friend, and would like to have a few more. Seeing your advances might help me along the way, also. Thank you to everyone who has posted and helped me begin this journey; I'm not sure I can ever voice my gratitude for you.

I am glad you cleared up the misunderstanding...it happens sometimes...good for you... it sounds like you have an action plan now, good again, now just stick with it, if groups and online support don't answer all your questions, a good therapist maybe able to help you find resolution more effectively by focusing just on you, one on one attention may seem scary but can also be wonderful... time and effort spent on yourself is never wasted. :-)

would love to have you as a friend. :-)
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Your bf probably sees you as beautiful both inside and out, and extra weight, sure it doesn't look good but he obviously doesn't obsess about it. You on the other hand look like you do worry quite a bit about it. It may help you to go see someone to support you with your body image, get more positive minded and can guide you to get the healthy habits put in place to meet your long term fitness goals.

Good luck!
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    1.) you're thread title and post do not make sense. You seemto be struggling- and it has nothing to do with your boyfriend.

2.) what is your calorie goal? most people set it to low realistically for long term loss. It does not need to be a large deficit in order succed- 200-400 calories under your maintenance goal is adequate.

3.) two weeks is nothing.. give it time.

4.) self discipline is a skill that takes time to develop- it will only get better as you use it and practice it.

5.) don't depend on him- do you're own thing- and focus on you- that will be the only way you will succeed.

6.) start going for a walk- it's helpful for your mind- and good for your body.

7.) if you can do the gym- do the gym- but it's not NEEDED- it just might help. It's a good option if you can go.
    You can do it- but you need to believe that you can. It's hard and it seems overwhelming- but you can do it- you just need to commit to doing the thing long term. It will happen.

This. And if following these rules doesn't help you, do what other posters have advised and seek out trained professional help.

Good luck. :flowerforyou: