anybody trying to get 5% bodyfat

Options
124»

Replies

• fcgfit
    fcgfit Posts: 10
    Options
    At my lowest I was around 6%. But honestly, I look back now and feel that was stupid and unecessary because I wasn't competing. Your body really does fight you to be that low. Like other posters mentioned, I felt irritable, my sex drive was low, and I was in a fog towards the end of the week - I'd incorporate refeeds on Saturday, but by Wednesday or Thursday I felt drained (should've done two refeeds). I remember being drained at nights, and being very short with people because I'd get pissed at little things.

While you can do it, be prepared to deal with everything that comes along with it, both mentally, physically and health wise. If you are drug free and aren't injecting test and other compunds, you can really wreak havoc on your hormone and testosterone levels. Many natural individuals that don't pay attention to warning signs and go after low single digit body fat levels incorrectly with diet end up requiring hormone replacement therapy and testosterone replacement therapy - sometimes for life.

If you are willing to push your body, that's your choice and right, as it was mine. As was also mentioned, low carb, high protein and moderate fat is ultimately the best way to go. Just be sure not to sacrifice your fat intake. Protein and fat are essential macros. Screwing up and going low fat for an extended period of time will almost guarantee HRT and TRT in your future.

Thanks for the great advice, if you find the time let me know a summary of what was your plan and nutrition.

To everyone else thanks for the replies.

Since last monday. i dropped 3 kg around 6/7 pounds. i know that the losses will get smaller and i lose weight.

Been eating around 1600 cal a day, phat workout routine with one day off and 30 min of cardio everyday.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    FC...I took a quick peek at your MACROs, you recently were on 2895 daily calories but only 145 grams of protein. That may be too low for what you are attempting to do, which is cut to a very low BF%.

As a point of reference, I"m comming off a 6 week intense cut, I was aver 1750 calories, but was trying to get around 295 grams of protein a day. I'll be honest, I don't think I ever got that close, but most days I got well over a gram per lb. You may want to think about uping your protein MACRO significantly if you are going to be trying to lose significant weight and maintain muscle.

Just a suggestion Mate. :smile:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    At my lowest I was around 6%. But honestly, I look back now and feel that was stupid and unecessary because I wasn't competing. Your body really does fight you to be that low. Like other posters mentioned, I felt irritable, my sex drive was low, and I was in a fog towards the end of the week - I'd incorporate refeeds on Saturday, but by Wednesday or Thursday I felt drained (should've done two refeeds). I remember being drained at nights, and being very short with people because I'd get pissed at little things.

While you can do it, be prepared to deal with everything that comes along with it, both mentally, physically and health wise. If you are drug free and aren't injecting test and other compunds, you can really wreak havoc on your hormone and testosterone levels. Many natural individuals that don't pay attention to warning signs and go after low single digit body fat levels incorrectly with diet end up requiring hormone replacement therapy and testosterone replacement therapy - sometimes for life.

If you are willing to push your body, that's your choice and right, as it was mine. As was also mentioned, low carb, high protein and moderate fat is ultimately the best way to go. Just be sure not to sacrifice your fat intake. Protein and fat are essential macros. Screwing up and going low fat for an extended period of time will almost guarantee HRT and TRT in your future.

Thanks for the great advice, if you find the time let me know a summary of what was your plan and nutrition.

To everyone else thanks for the replies.

Since last monday. i dropped 3 kg around 6/7 pounds. i know that the losses will get smaller and i lose weight.

Been eating around 1600 cal a day, phat workout routine with one day off and 30 min of cardio everyday.

If you've dropped cals that quickly a fair portion of that is water weight.

That is a VERY high volume routine. SOme people actually say it's basically going to be too much for any natural.

You've already added cardio as well.

I would be easing into it so that you can make adjustments as you go (lower cals, increase cardio).

I don't know your stats but I'm 85kg and the only time I ever go to 1600 cals is if about 1000cals of that is from protein to spare LBM. And it requires a big carb reefed sometime also.

Slow and steady wins the race. (if you want to retain LBM)
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Try this again...

MaleChart_zps48db1798.jpg

Femalchart_zps0f77cff3.jpg

That worked!!! Man they have to update this forum... should be this hard to embed a photo! :(

A word of caution though, this pictures are most likely from athletes whose been training for years, you reaching your goal of 5% bf might not look the same as that guy on the pic, nonetheless.... chasing your goal and being the best you can be is what its all about.... i hear yah man! go for it!

That 3-4% picture, that look is only attainable with high doses of multiple compounds of anabolics, and large amounts of HGH, and anti- estrogens
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law, who is a nurse practititioner who had dealt with a lot of older people, told me about a study that was done at a college in Boston. For people who have experienced longevity, the top three reasons were listed as exercising regularly, drinking a glass of wine or bear occasionally, and maintaining a weight that was neither too skinny nor too fat. It sounds like a good goal to me as I am 67 and in pretty good shape. I'd just like to live a long healthy life and keep my wits about me. ;-)
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Did I miss the update photos?
  • MysteriousDreamer
    MysteriousDreamer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Nope it looks horrible. Sorry.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I personally would love to just past the 15% mark I've been hovering around the 17-18% mark for a few months......^^ according to all the pictures I would like 10 or 12%..

I think that having a goal of 5% bodyfat is cool... everyone needs a goals... that is what makes dieting... exercising and weightlifting so rewarding...

teen-transformation-john-declemente_b.jpg

@Mysteriousdreamer: This guy according to Bodybuilding.com is 5% bodyfat.... nothing horrible about it.... if you ask me.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    He looks just like the 10-12% body fat pic though.....
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    He looks just like the 10-12% body fat pic though.....

I was thinking based on the picture 6%to 7% myself....
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    I am 9% via dexa scan in the profile pic.

Can't even see a single vein on his arms or anything. No where near 5% I'd say.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I personally would love to just past the 15% mark I've been hovering around the 17-18% mark for a few months......^^ according to all the pictures I would like 10 or 12%..

I think that having a goal of 5% bodyfat is cool... everyone needs a goals... that is what makes dieting... exercising and weightlifting so rewarding...

@Mysteriousdreamer: This guy according to Bodybuilding.com is 5% bodyfat.... nothing horrible about it.... if you ask me.

Not that it matters but I'd put him no lower than about 8%.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I got to 7.4% .. not on purpose but by accident. My body just did not want to stop losing that body fat.

So .. first of all, 5% is insane. You will not be happy .. as I am very unhappy at 7% and am trying to gain weight. But it is a slow process to gain it back.

You will stand out .. you will be looked at as a freak .. trust me on this one. Everyone thinks you have mental issues .. or are on drugs.

I have been called a "Crack head" by my friends .. so you can imagine what other people are thinking.

You will lose all your fat in your face and look like **** ... I have been there. Not pretty.

Trust me .. you do not want to do this and I am not at 5%, and I couldn't imagine how terrible 5% would be.

Oh ... the guy with the 5% body fat that looks like a model ... yes possible. A guy at my gym looked kinda like that .. at 7% body fat apparently, but he said he has spent 4 years getting there by working out at the gym hard.

It is possible to get there .. but it is a ******* of work to get there and look like that. It does not come over night.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I would be attracted to a guy who had that low a body fat %. Where are the love handles. It's all just muscle and bone. That's not so attractive IMO. I'm at 19.6%, which puts me at the athletic range, and which is still healthy.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

[/quote

He'd be sexy if he put on about 30 lbs. to smooth out the bumpy abs. I like men to have some meat on their bones. ]
  • chrisdavey
    Options

You will lose all your fat in your face and look like **** ... I have been there. Not pretty.

il_570xN.259684556.jpg
  • Johnplusfour
    Johnplusfour Posts: 105
    Options
    You are talking body building competition where there is almost no fat left in your body. This is a lifestyle not a goal you add to your day. This people have nutritionists, coaches and physicians to help them achieve that goal and probably a lot of steroids.

Sounds like something you just spit out of your month but if not, good luck!

Nice stereotype there.. BB's probably use alot of steroids huh.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    5% body fat is low and is that kind of an unhealthy fat range?