Is bear really fattening???

Options
Hi my dear dieter friends!, I just want to ask if bear is really fattening because I just check the nutrition info of 1 bottle beer (san miguel beer light) it says that there is no nutrients just a calories? I just wondering how come it became fattening...thanks :D regards! - harrold

Replies

• TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    OMG! I just clicked on this because I had to know if BEAR was really fattening! Then I had to ask if it tasted like chicken??:laugh:

Okay I'm sorry...LOL! :o) I'm the worst typer ever...I just kept thinking... BEAR?!?! Who is eating BEAR?!!? I HAVE to know!
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    OMG! I just clicked on this because I had to know if BEAR was really fattening! Then I had to ask if it tasted like chicken??:laugh:

Okay I'm sorry...LOL! :o) I'm the worst typer ever...I just kept thinking... BEAR?!?! Who is eating BEAR?!!? I HAVE to know!

I was thinking the SAME THING!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options

Me too! But to answer the question- beer's "fattening" because it's high in calories and simple carbs. Calories (especially from alcohol) and simple carbs are coverted by the body to sugars upon ingestion. If your body can't use them immediately it stores them. Those stores in excess = fat.

I'm not saying give up your boozing (I certainly haven't) but make room for it in your daily allowance. :drinker:
  • har114
    har114 Posts: 10
    Options
    Oooppss! sorry I was mispelled, I mean beer! hahaha! =))
  • har114
    har114 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks a lot msbanana, maybe I just limit my bear..I mean beer! lolz... to 4-2 bottles...thanks and happy dieting :smile::drinker:
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    Thanks a lot msbanana, maybe I just limit my bear..I mean beer! lolz... to 4-2 bottles...thanks and happy dieting :smile::drinker:

LOL!!! :o) Awesome to the max!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    008.gif
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    008.gif

5000 posts and its on a bear thread!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    beer

and Woohoo-Dance.gif
  • shiggity
    shiggity Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was disappointed that it wasn't bear.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    **notice**

There are varieties of meat - polar bear. For instance, raw (Alaska Native) meat -polar bear - contains 130 calories per 100g (36 cals per oz). This makes it about average for foodstuff.

http://www.trueknowledge.com/q/how_fattening_is_meat_polar_bear

Go figure.....wiggle-1.gif
  • JForbrizzio
    Options
    I've actually always wanted to try bear. Not like I'm ever going to go to a place where they can exact their revenge, besides a zoo.

But whatever alcohol you drink has to be burned before going back to burning calories, be it fat or whatever is in your gut. Beware, but enjoy. Cheers.
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    Hahaha :laugh: ...I thought you actually meant bear, and thought hmmm that cant be right... can you buy&eat bear meat!?
  • kidtechnical
    Options
    Damn, I clicked to see who was eating bear!!! Oh well :-) Info on beer:

It's been estimated that a man drinking five pints of beer a week consumes the same number of calories as someone getting through 221 doughnuts a year (UK Dept of Health).

With seven calories per gram, alcohol has almost the same calorie content as pure fat! Yet alcohol has no nutritional value, and despite its calorific content, may actually make you feel more hungry instead of less, as it lowers your blood sugar.
    Spirits, wine and light beer and light cider have less calories than regular beer and cider. A single vodka and coke, rum and coke or gin and tonic is 120 calories, while a shot (25ml) of whisky is around 55 calories. A medium-sized glass of wine (175ml) contains about 125 calories, although a bottle would be over 500 calories.(Drink Aware Website, UK)

I hope this helps :-)
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Well GorillaNJ hunts bear and drinks beer. That's the man to see.
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options

LOL i clicked on this to find out if someone was seriously hunting and eating bears!! hahahahah :)
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should ask Sarah Palin! Thanks for your post! I was having a crappy day and you made me laugh!!!
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I would say that it is both beer and bear; however all I really know about is the bear. I had it once a long time ago and it was greasy and stringy. I assume it was from an older bear. I have since found out that if you want to eat bear meat, get a young one because the meat on older bears can get wormy. Now there's a thought that will help keep your weight down... :sick:

I learned this tidbit of info while in AK recently.
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I would stick to a 64 cal beer, or learn to like vodka and diet coke ( which really isn't that bad!) and if someone ever tried bear let me know!LOL!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    BEER! OK, I was like who the hell is eating BEAR. I don't know about beer, I don't drink the stuff.

I am sitting at my desk trying not to laugh!!!