no more cola and chocolate!

Options
2»

Replies

• nt199419
    nt199419 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You are probably right there, if I tell myself I can't have it. Then it's all I crave for. And yep defiantly a binger! X

Exactly, when you start overly restricting and saying you can't have something .. that's when you start craving it more. Keep this as simple as possible.

I eat chocolate, ice cream, brownies or something like that almost every day... and it seems to be working

lol what. I wouldnt advice eating high sugar+high satfat everyday. Set goals.

''After 6 days of eating clean I will have a pepperoni pizza, 1 glass of coke and 150ml ice cream'' after which you continue to eat clean until you reach your next goal.

I have goals, and 1 of those goals is getting healthier, losing weight, lifting, and eating a delicious treat every night!

Can you define eating clean? And why it's a necessary?

I would have to say I've done pretty well.... 110 lbs lost in 17 months, improved on every health test I've had, went from not being allowed due to medical conditions from standing for more than 5 minutes, to running 6 miles.

Yeah if you are extremely fat eating clean isn't really necessary and its easy to loose weight while still eating the occasional chocolate. But when you want to get in shape/bodybuild [eg:getting below 12%male/18%female fat while gaining muscle] you need to eat clean, low satfat low sugar high protein. You can't maintain those macro's when eating satfat+sugar.
    Why low sugar? Why is sugar unclean? Apples, oranges, bananas, pears. . . not clean?

Should have defined that for you; refined sugars are bad. Honey, fruit etc are not.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    You are probably right there, if I tell myself I can't have it. Then it's all I crave for. And yep defiantly a binger! X

Exactly, when you start overly restricting and saying you can't have something .. that's when you start craving it more. Keep this as simple as possible.

I eat chocolate, ice cream, brownies or something like that almost every day... and it seems to be working

''After 6 days of eating clean I will have a pepperoni pizza, 1 glass of coke and 150ml ice cream'' after which you continue to eat clean until you reach your next goal.

I have goals, and 1 of those goals is getting healthier, losing weight, lifting, and eating a delicious treat every night!

I would have to say I've done pretty well.... 110 lbs lost in 17 months, improved on every health test I've had, went from not being allowed due to medical conditions from standing for more than 5 minutes, to running 6 miles.

Yeah if you are extremely fat eating clean isn't really necessary and its easy to loose weight while still eating the occasional chocolate. But when you want to get in shape/bodybuild [eg:getting below 12%male/18%female fat while gaining muscle] you need to eat clean, low satfat low sugar high protein. You can't maintain those macro's when eating satfat+sugar.
    Why low sugar? Why is sugar unclean? Apples, oranges, bananas, pears. . . not clean?

Should have defined that for you; refined sugars are bad. Honey, fruit etc are not.

And how does my body know the difference between honey or sugar in a brownie?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

Science passed you by then? Other than the fact there are about a million different definitions of eating clean. There is no reputable science supporting your claims that you can only reach those goals eating clean. In fact there are many people on MFP who have reached those goals without 'eating clean' How would you explain that?

There is a ridiculous nutritional elite within the health and fitness community that are totally convinced that no matter what there is only one way to do things even if it's not backed up by science. if your version of clean eating works for you that's fantastic but why this superior attitude that it's the only way which the evidence does not support? By preaching with your holier than thou attitude you are in fact putting more people off eating clean rather than encouraging them as you wish.

Also to add I bet you take Protein powders? So how can a processed (it has to be processed to make it) powder count as clean? just wondered? Or is it only clean if you decide that you need it?
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

Please clarify the mystical process by which your body differentiates glucose sources, metabolically. Thank you.
  • nt199419
    Options

Yeah if you are extremely fat eating clean isn't really necessary and its easy to loose weight while still eating the occasional chocolate. But when you want to get in shape/bodybuild [eg:getting below 12% fat while gaining muscle] you need to eat clean, low satfat low sugar high protein. You can't maintain those macro's when eating satfat+sugar.

Really??? Can you provide studies to show this...my macros aren't perfect but they are pretty good just takes planning

I'll put this thread in that shows differently of many very successful people that don't eat "clean" whatever that means.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1283924--eat-all-the-sweets-a-30-day-tale-of-love-happiness

Can you link me to one bodybuilder/top class sports athlete who doesn't eat clean apart from his cheatmeals/days? Yeah. There you go.

Not sure what it is with people from the US but 80% seems to be indoctrinated with the thought that ''bad food doesnt exist, its the quantity!''

Eating satfat+sugar temporarily slows metabolism

http://www.emedexpert.com/tips/metabolism-tips.shtml
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/weight-loss/4-foods-that-slow-your-metabolism-down.html

this might illuminate your brain and clear it from the indoctrinated ''facts''.

Go look at that thread I posted there are many in there.

I asked for studies, those are not studies. There are no bad foods, and please again provide STUDIES (not BS articles) that prove your theories. Also I am still waiting on the definition of "clean"

Foods that contain refined sugars and saturated fats ARE bad foods :")

https://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1819573

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/magazine/sugar-and-salt/

http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/solr/searchresults.aspx#q=saturated+fat&SearchSourceType=3&f_JournalDisplayName=JAMA+Internal+Medicine&f_ArticleTypeDisplayName=Research&fd_JournalID=71

Eating clean= Eating enough protein to support muscle growth and have a diet low in saturated fats and refined sugar.

There you go.

Now i've answered your questions please answer mine; Can you link me to one bodybuilder/top class sports athlete who doesn't eat clean apart from his cheatmeals/days?
  • nt199419
    Options

Also to add I bet you take Protein powders? So how can a processed (it has to be processed to make it) powder count as clean? just wondered? Or is it only clean if you decide that you need it?

Processed foods are not necessarily bad, studies have shown however that processed fat and sugar [saturated fat&refined sugar) are bad.
  • jlvanderstoel
    Options
    I believe that some of you guys are trying to state that 2000 kcal from junk food are as healthy as 2000 kcal from natural, wholesome foods?

Can you support that claim with scientific evidence?
  • samanthasalter1
    samanthasalter1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replys. Ok I will save the chocs for weekends. After eating double deckers for breaky and an energy drink that what got me fat. I will stop this and stick to fruit for my next sugar craving. Gonna go out for a nice walk soon as the sun is shining. Mite as well do exercise and get a tan while doin it :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I believe that some of you guys are trying to state that 2000 kcal from junk food are as healthy as 2000 kcal from natural, wholesome foods?

Did anyone say to eat 2000 calories in sugar... I don't think so.

It was said to work it in to your day.

And for your buddy I posted a thread with lots of successful people at all different fitness levels that all enjoy a treat daily.
  • jlvanderstoel
    Options
    Thanks for all the replys. Ok I will save the chocs for weekends. After eating double deckers for breaky and an energy drink that what got me fat. I will stop this and stick to fruit for my next sugar craving. Gonna go out for a nice walk soon as the sun is shining. Mite as well do exercise and get a tan while doin it :)

Way to go!
  • nt199419
    Options

If you want to fix your sugar craving on a hot day make a milkshake, assuming you have a blender.

150ml skimmed milk
    150ml skimmed french cottage cheese
    1 frozen banana
    1,5 teaspoon honey
  • samanthasalter1
    samanthasalter1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks
  • jlvanderstoel
    Options

Did anyone say to eat 2000 calories in sugar... I don't think so.

It was said to work it in to your day.

And for your buddy I posted a thread with lots of successful people at all different fitness levels that all enjoy a treat daily.

What can I say, if it works for you that's fine I guess. It wouldn't be my diet of choice and certainly not my choice of daily treat. I enjoy healthy eating just as much as some people enjoy junk food, I can't live without my fruit, you can't live without your chocolate, that's fine.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I have a piece of chocolate everyday, and have been doing this for almost 2 years now. Works for me.
    38-50 calories and I work it in to my day. Mostly dark chocolate, but I have had milk chocolate a few times as well.
    Lifestyle change in the way I eat and for me, it is sustainable.
    I do avoid processed foods for the most part and stick with fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, low fat dairy, whole grains.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    Options

Can you show anyone but you making this claim in the thread?
  • nt199419
    Options

http://puu.sh/8TH8H.png
  • RllyGudTweetr
    Options

Yeah if you are extremely fat eating clean isn't really necessary and its easy to loose weight while still eating the occasional chocolate. But when you want to get in shape/bodybuild [eg:getting below 12% fat while gaining muscle] you need to eat clean, low satfat low sugar high protein. You can't maintain those macro's when eating satfat+sugar.

Really??? Can you provide studies to show this...my macros aren't perfect but they are pretty good just takes planning

I'll put this thread in that shows differently of many very successful people that don't eat "clean" whatever that means.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1283924--eat-all-the-sweets-a-30-day-tale-of-love-happiness

Can you link me to one bodybuilder/top class sports athlete who doesn't eat clean apart from his cheatmeals/days? Yeah. There you go.

Not sure what it is with people from the US but 80% seems to be indoctrinated with the thought that ''bad food doesnt exist, its the quantity!''

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/weight-loss/4-foods-that-slow-your-metabolism-down.html

I asked for studies, those are not studies. There are no bad foods, and please again provide STUDIES (not BS articles) that prove your theories. Also I am still waiting on the definition of "clean"

http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/solr/searchresults.aspx#q=saturated+fat&SearchSourceType=3&f_JournalDisplayName=JAMA+Internal+Medicine&f_ArticleTypeDisplayName=Research&fd_JournalID=71

Eating clean= Eating enough protein to support muscle growth and have a diet low in saturated fats and refined sugar.

There you go.

Now i've answered your questions please answer mine; Can you link me to one bodybuilder/top class sports athlete who doesn't eat clean apart from his cheatmeals/days?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/ninerbuff/status
  • nt199419
    Options

There you go.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/ninerbuff/status

The dude's an retired athlete and is now an personal trainer and a fitness instructor. I dont understand what point you are trying to make.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    Options

http://puu.sh/8TH8H.png
    The quotes you selected do not say 2000 calories from junk food are as healthy as 2000 calories from natural (whatever 'natural' means) wholesome (an even more nebulous concept) foods. They really don't.

Are there any that actually do support that position you'd care to highlight instead?
    The dude's an retired athlete and is now an personal trainer and a fitness instructor. I dont understand what point you are trying to make.
    You asked for an athlete who didn't ascribe to a 'clean' diet; he is an athlete who has competed, and his was the first profile I thought of that fit that criteria. I fail to see how this was in any way unclear. Why was the preceding difficult to grasp?