Songs that make you CRY everytime

Options

Replies

• jgsimon1
    jgsimon1 Posts: 61
    Options
    I had a video made to play at my daughter's high school graduation party with baby pictures through the present.....the slides played to the song "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts.
    I also had a similar kind of video made of my granddaughter for her first birthday party with photos of my daughter's pregnancy through the entire first year of her life to the song "The Greatest Love" by Whitney Houston.
    Both songs still choke me up......but, out of love and pride.....not sadness!!
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Big Empty by Stone Temple Pilots gets me feeling pretty emotional. Part of it is the plot of The Crow and the idea of coming back from the dead to avenge a loved one gets to me. I'm really touched by the scene in the movie when Brandon Lee straightens up the drug addict mother and tells her that parents are children's first impression of God. The other part is the tragic death of Brandon Lee.

Honorable mentions would be Atlanta by Stone Temple Pilots and Lenny by Stevie Ray Vaughn, two beautiful songs.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Why

Annie Lennox

I do not want to trivialize your feelings surrounding this song but I have to say it makes me laugh, not cry. It is a good song, and I do like Annie Lennox. But back in the 90's when it was current, I went on a date with this guy who was a total "gangsta" type of guy...picture a huge 6'5" Mexican American 20-something with chains and a lowered, customized El Camino...he was a TOTAL gentleman and took me down to the river and blasted his Annie Lennox cd including this song.

Still have no idea if he just liked the music, or thought I would like it, or what. But it was super unexpected and makes me giggle to this day thinking of it.
  • bluebull123
    bluebull123 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Elephants by Rachel Yamagata. I usually have to skip it on my ipod because it's just too intensely sad.

I had never heard this song, so had to go listen....oh my goodness it is super sad!
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Amazing Grace....maybe cause it's usually played at funerals.
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    The first song in the Disney Tarzan movie - I actually bawl uncontrollably and hyperventilate.
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    I wont say cry, but certainly makes the face tighten up... Amazed by Lone Star...
  • bluffnmuffn318
    bluffnmuffn318 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good enough- Evanescence.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    any Taylor Swift song makes me cry.

not because it's sad.

because she has a singing career.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • veganstephanie
    veganstephanie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    what hurts the most-rascal flatts who knew-pink
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Amazing Grace on pipes
    Taps
    Clancy Brothers - Waltzing Matilda
    Dropkick Murphys - Green Fields of France
  • AllMyUsernamesRTaken
    AllMyUsernamesRTaken Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Love by Musiq Soulchild
  • SwedishSarah
    SwedishSarah Posts: 4,350 Member
    Options
    The Christmas shoe song. Don't know the name or the artist but its about a boy that is trying to buy a pair of shoes... UNCONTROLLABLE sobbing every time :sad: :sad: :sad:

Also, "Where were you when the world stopped turning" by Alan Jackson.

Yes to the Christmas shoe song, I immediately turn the radio off so I don't get sad.
    Also, that Let it Go song from Frozen. I have no idea why it makes me cry!
  • AllMyUsernamesRTaken
    Options

That song was written by one of the most ruthless and wealthiest slave owners from the slave trade when he was on his death bed.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

That song was written by one of the most ruthless and wealthiest slave owners from the slave trade when he was on his death bed.

Considering the song is about forgiveness and redemption I would assume it would be written by someone who has committed sins. Doesn't take away from the fact that it is a beautiful song.
  • AllMyUsernamesRTaken
    Options

Considering the song is about forgiveness and redemption I would assume it would be written by someone who has committed sins. Doesn't take away from the fact that it is a beautiful song.

I wasn't implying it was anything, but giving the history of who wrote it. Calm down.
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Love, me - Collin Raye
    Don't take the girl - Tim McGraw
    Love without end, Amen - George Strait
    God bless the USA - Lee Greenwood
    Coat of many colors - Dolly Parton

And who can forget...

He stopped loving her today - George Jones
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton

EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

Actually tear up just thinking about the song.
  • AllMyUsernamesRTaken
    Options
    Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton

EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

Actually tear up just thinking about the song.

Oh yes very sad, I'm about to cry thinking about it.
  • BigDaddyD72
    BigDaddyD72 Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Taps