JJ Virgin Diet

sailindani
sailindani Posts: 28 Member
I have been on MFP for awhile now.. the first time was successful and lost over 20lbs, then got sick and fell off the wagon. This time (since Feb 2014) I have not been as successful. I also have not felt like myself... tired, lightheaded, not wating to do anything, "brain fog" feeling. I just plain DONT HAVE ANY ENERGY!

So a friend of mine started the JJ Virgin Diet and lost 16lbs (and she wasnt readlly overweight). She feels better and has more energy. She has not started adding the 7 foods back in yet. Anyway I though I should give it a try... Im desperate and will try anything!

Has anyone else heard of this, tried it, want to be a Virgin Buddy???? trade recipes etc... Friend me. I have done research online, but will be going to buy the book tonight.

I am on Day 2! yesterday I ate...
Breakfast
Plain Grain Oatmeal (i would add cinnamon, or fruit next time)
Lunch
Salad, with avacado and lemon juice for dressing
Bean Salsa (black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, green pepper, red onion, olive oil and red wine vinager) 1 cup
Dinner
Salmon baked with lemmon and pepper
sauted spianch, mushrooms, garbanzo beans, red onion with olive oil and red pepper
Snack
Green Apple with Almond Butter (which i didnt think I would like Almond Butter but it is yummy)

That is a lot of food for me on a normal day... and I lost a pound over night :) Im not getting my hopes up yet... I can pee a pound in the morning lol.

Anyway just looking for anyone who wants to hop on board

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    IN!
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Somebody say JJ Virgin?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    In for my feed...

Santana-snicker.gif
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Did it hurt? When you fell off the wagon I mean.

Was it at the farm?

Did they have pigs? Bacon is tasty.

Especially virgin pigs.

They must be sacrificed.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    I've been exempt from this for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    evil_laugh.gif
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    The only way to be truly successful on the JJ Virgin Diet is with the Success Kit. Otherwise, why even bother?

HomePage-SuccessKitPLUSbox.png
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    I can pee a pound in the morning

16 oz huh.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    That's not a lot of food at all…. probably doesn't even add up to 1200 calories which is the minimum women should consume daily.

Second, the pound you lost overnight was not fat, it was water weight.

Diets don't work. Why not just eat what you want in moderation?
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    In....for the inevitable butthurt. And gifs.
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Soo....you eat vigins? I feel like a) that would be a hella rare food source in this day and age and b) the authorities might frown on it. But hey, if you're losing a pound a night? Clearly worth it
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    crying-diet.gif
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Celebrity fitness and nutrition expert JJ Virgin says it’s simple: Just drop seven foods from your diet, and you can lose seven pounds in one week.

The foods you should drop from your diet include: gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, peanuts, corn and (grouped together) sugar and artificial sweeteners.

When I read things like this my BS detector goes on red alert.

1) 7 lbs of fat in 1 week would require a caloric deficit of approx 24,500 cal - more than most people actually eat in a week.
    2) there is no correlation between consuming gluten (a protein found in grains) and weight loss (but it is fashionable to go gluten free) nb going gluten free is not a choice if you have celiac disease
    3) her medical reference on the web site is a chiropractor - that in itself would make me run away
    4) it's endorsed by Suzanne Somers.....see above (she'll endorse anything if you write her a cheque)

need I go on?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Here's the link.

http://www.chewfo.com/diets/the-virgin-diet-by-jj-virgin-2012-what-to-eat-and-foods-to-avoid-food-list/

I'm personally interested to know how exaclty inflammation from food intolerance causes weight GAIN, b/c IME when i get throat gaggy from allergies of whatever nature I can't eat due to gag. Happening right now.

When I get tummy bloat from whatever's causing that, I can't b/c fake full feeling.

When I used to get emergency bathroom times from dairy, it was like living on an hourly diet of ex-lax.

All these things appear to me to lean more toward weight LOSS than gain.

Catchy title though. If someone can answer how these intolerances CAUSE weight gain rather than interfere with it I may try it. Just for the title. I SO want to tell anyone who asks how I lost my weight that I did it on the vJJ Virgin Diet and lulz at their expressions.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    The foods you should drop from your diet include: gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, peanuts, corn and (grouped together) sugar and artificial sweeteners.

As a raw vegan I consume none of these things, and I can absolutely assure you, I do NOT lose seven pounds a week!

Of course, I'm not taking what is doubtless a hideously expensive melange of supplements...that must be the difference.
  • jandmsmom38
    jandmsmom38 Posts: 3 Member
    I am trying this diet too! I know for me, I need to get rid of my cravings for foods that are not so good for me. I am 4 days into the three weeks and I already feel so much better and a lot of the bloating in my stomach is gone. I wouldn't eat like this for the rest of my life (it's just for three weeks then you add back in these food groups). I just think it is a good starting point for me since I always feel so hungry when I cut down my calories and with this plan I am eating large healthy meals and losing weight. My nighttime cravings for snacks have decreased considerably. Don't let the bad feedback get you down. Everyone has to struggle and find their own way. I am not buying the supplements and crap but I am doing a protein shake in the morning with rice protein.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    crying-diet.gif

True story.
  • Fattygasted
    Fattygasted Posts: 22 Member
    I'm in if you have already started that is cool. I am starting tomorrow. I have done this before and felt super good and also found out that my body has several intolerances that I had no clue about. I had no bloat and I slept better, my thoughts were clear and I was able to focus more. Anyway I am always looking for extra motivation... feel free to add me.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    I'm in if you have already started that is cool. I am starting tomorrow. I have done this before and felt super good and also found out that my body has several intolerances that I had no clue about. I had no bloat and I slept better, my thoughts were clear and I was able to focus more. Anyway I am always looking for extra motivation... feel free to add me.

I'm so curious about this. If you had such success the first time and felt super good, found food intolerances, slept better and had great focus - Why on Earth would you stop?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Virgin diet?

tumblr_inline_ml7ud7K2ED1qz4rgp.gif