Songs that make you CRY everytime

Options

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Amazing Grace....maybe cause it's usually played at funerals.

That song was written by one of the most ruthless and wealthiest slave owners from the slave trade when he was on his death bed.

Only years later, after he gave up the slave trade, repented, and became a minister. Is there no room in your life for penance? http://www.snopes.com/religion/amazing.asp
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    all of me by John Legend (my first dance wedding song)
  • mccindy72
    Options
    If you get there before I do - Collin Raye
    Don't take the girl - Tim McGraw
    Love without end, Amen - George Strait
    God bless the USA - Lee Greenwood
    Coat of many colors - Dolly Parton

And who can forget...

He stopped loving her today - George Jones

your song list is making me tear up - but only because it's all country and the thought of being forced to listen to country makes me sad.
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Tears in heaven
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    "When She Loved Me" recorded by Sarah McLachlan, written by Randy Newman.
    Because I have a daughter.

I already posted about this song in the movie thread...Toy Story 2

also...You Were Mine by the Dixie Chicks
    Wild World by Cat Stevens
    I Can't Make You Love Me by Bonnie Raitt

Pretty much anything by Jeff Buckley or Leonard Cohen...especially Jeff Buckley covering Leonard Cohen: Hallelujah
  • AllMyUsernamesRTaken
    AllMyUsernamesRTaken Posts: 91 Member
    Options

That song was written by one of the most ruthless and wealthiest slave owners from the slave trade when he was on his death bed.

Only years later, after he gave up the slave trade, repented, and became a minister. Is there no room in your life for penance? http://www.snopes.com/religion/amazing.asp

So that justifies his past? I guess it would in some people's eyes. I have no hell or heaven to put anyone in, I leave that up to the Good LORD.
  • mccindy72
    Options

So that justifies his past? I guess it would in some people's eyes. I have no hell or heaven to put anyone in, I leave that up to the Good LORD.

Well, I won't get into a religious debate and hijack this thread. If you'd like to do that, you can PM me. Suffice it to say it would be inherently Christian to accept that he repented his sins.

The song can still be quite moving, especially when played on the bagpipes.
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    "Mother, I miss you."

I can't listen to it.
  • L4manski
    L4manski Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

The name of this song is "Love, Me" and I cry like a baby every time it's on...

Same thing with...

Don't take the Girl - Tim McGraw
    Concrete Angel - Martina McBride
    Wish You Were Here - Mark WIllis (that's a doozy)
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Amazing Grace on pipes
    Taps
    Clancy Brothers - Waltzing Matilda
    Dropkick Murphys - Green Fields of France

Oh my gosh - Amazing Grace on pipes always gets me, also Taps! Sometimes thought I was one of the few who actually loved bagpipes.

Haven't heard the Clancy Brothers version of Waltzing Matilda although I dearly love the Clancy Brothers.

Green Fields of France is also a sad one.
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

The name of this song is "Love, Me" and I cry like a baby every time it's on...

You are correct, sir! I even looked it up and still got it wrong.
  • wamydia
    wamydia Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It can't Rain All the time -- Jane Siberry
    I Will Follow You Into the Dark -- Death Cab for Cutie
    Roads -- Portishead
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Chasing cars by snow patrol made me well up every time I heard it for years....except when I heard it live...
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    "Who's gonna fill their shoes" Played this at my dad's funeral. Now I cry every time I hear it. :(...
  • Jeepgirl1849
    Options
    The song "Proud to be an American" Being from a military family it get me everytime
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    That Sarah Mclachlan ASPCA song, Angel. It gets my eyes all misty and stuff. (damn that song)
  • L4manski
    L4manski Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    That Sarah Mclachlan ASPCA song, Angel. It gets my eyes all misty and stuff. (damn that song)

Same here...I change the channel.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Doesn't make me cry every time, but, about 6 years ago I was listening to Me & Bobby Mcgee, the Janis Joplin vesion and my daughter, who was 14 at the time asked me why I liked the song so much and what did it mean. My fathter had just died and I tried to explain to her how sad my Mom was without him and related the lyric "But, I'd trade all of my tomorrows, for a single yesterday". Then I broke down before I could finish what I was saying. I think I traumatized my daughter.
  • mccindy72
    Options

Same here...I change the channel.

I change the channel when I hear that one, but not because it gets me all misty and stuff....