Success Survey: please answer if you lost a lot of weight

Options
2»

Replies

• LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hello.

I have a few questions in which I would love some feedback.

When you reached your goal weight or lost a good amount did:

1. Your emotional state improve? Yes and No... Yes because I am healthier. No because it doesn't fix all wounds HOWEVER, through this journey I'm learning a lot about myself and that's sometimes hard but makes it better.

2. Your social life change? YES!! If you think that I became a social butterfly quite the contrary!! I became more of a home body because the things my friends were doing was not what I was wanting. Smoking, weekend drinking, followed by excessive eating was not the direction I wanted anymore. I became focused on different things and a different lifestyle...

3. You feel like a better or different person? Better? Different? Meaning?? If you're trying to justify the pros and cons of weight loss the loss far exceeds the gains. Better like a Kardashian because I'm not there just in a good head space most times, sometimes the caloric pressures and keeping on track can be just as strenuous.

4. You seem happier? I have my days like most people do regardless of my weight loss where I'm not a ray of sunshine. There are days I'm incredibly proud of my physical abilities and agility and I'm incredibly happy about how far I've come in my life but then there are days where I could care less, give me a piece of pizza!!

5. Did you see yourself as the way you did before losing weight? Nope. I got muscles, never thought I'd say that, EVER!!!

6. What was the biggest change in your life? EVERYTHING!!!

Thanks!
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Hello.

I have a few questions in which I would love some feedback.

When you reached your goal weight or lost a good amount did:

1. Your emotional state improve?
    2. Your social life change?
    3. You feel like a better or different person?
    4. You seem happier?
    5. Did you see yourself as the way you did before losing weight?

6. What was the biggest change in your life?

Thanks!
    Lost 52 lbs so far.

1. Yes, I feel happy and motivated.
    2. My social life has not changed.
    3. Not yet.
    4. Yes.
    5. No. My physical appearance has not changed much.
    6. My waist is smaller.
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Most days... I am female. So, my emotional state is directly related to 1. who pissed me off today 2. If I have room left for chocolate

Yep... I now spend a great amount of time with friends and family being active... hiking, biking, playing softball, working out

I don't feel like I'm a better or different person... just a better version of who I already am.

4. You seem happier?

Most days... sometimes, unhappiness is inevitable. We do live among other humans.

I think my biggest issue before is that I thought I looked good... no, I thought I looked damn good. I was a little delusional... err some might call it overly confident.

My energy level... which has allowed me to

*be a better wife ;0)
    *play softball again
    *Run several 5K's (NEVER thought I would WANT to do that!)
    *Hike on a weekly basis
    In general... participate in life.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    51lbs down

No my weight never dictated that my exercise does.

No see above

The only reason I feel better or different is becasue I am exercising...has nothing to do with the weight loss.

4. You seem happier?

My husband says yes...not a huge difference but a little bit but again I think that is the consistent exercise.

Yah pretty much...not that I think I am still fat...but I look in the mirror and see me...

All in all I am just healthier. My blood work is all good, my hr has gone down, I don't have sore joints anymore (hips and knees).

I am a different type of person tho...my weight never dictated my moods or confidence level (except the odd time I was shopping). I have always been who I am now and if I appear differently ot my friends/family it is more about my exercise habits and my age...(I am over 40)
  • 9bars
    9bars Posts: 40 Member
    Options

I think I cope with stress better, probably because I have more energy.

Not really, everyone wants to talk to me about weight loss though :0)

I feel I can express myself more, my daughter says I'm more outspoken. I think I've also become a bit more selfish in a good way and make time for myself. My priorities have also changed and things like my job, which were high up my list have become less important as I think I now pride myself on other things as I've found new hobbies etc.

4. You seem happier?

Yes I'm happier, I wasn't unhappy before to be honest, but I enjoy things more now.

I was bigger than I saw myself, I told myself I was fat, but fit etc, I did want to lose weight, but only if someone waved a magic wand as I had so much stress going on I didn't have the energy or motivation before now. I try my old clothes on every week and still find it shocking how far I've come.

So, so much. Health wise I no longer have high blood pressure and have been able to reduce my other meds. I enjoy exercising. Work, I'm in the health field so no longer have to feel embarrassed being so big. Personally I feel like me again and years younger with so much energy. I used to go to work in yoga pants everyday hoping no one would notice as I'm supposed to dress smartish, now I make an effort everyday to look nice. I've gone from a UK 22/24 to a 8/10 and I love shopping for clothes, buying what I like rather than just relief to find something that fits. I have no interest in sitting in front of the tv all night and rarely sit still now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!