Tips on When Exercise is too easy

Options
2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I am working on training my butt, legs (mainly inner thighs) and hips. Doing the butt exercises are (donkey kicks, bridges, side squats, etc) I have to do a LOT of them to feel anything. What would be some tips you would have to intensify things a bit? Should I just do a LOT of reps, or is there a way to make them harder? I really just want a firmer butt and tighter thighs, so any exercise tips would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Resistance bands help........examples here:

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/10-Minute-solution-Tighten-Tone-Pilates-with-Ban-p/66.htm

http://www.amazon.com/10-Minute-Solution-Pilates-Pilates/dp/B000S1MM84/ref=pd_cp_mov_2

http://www.amazon.com/10-Minute-Solution-Trouble-Zones/dp/B005BX3LQG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1400618056&sr=8-3&keywords=amy+bento+10+minute+solution

You can increase the resistance with a firmer band.....or by holding it closer to your body
  • BrittanyBrines
    BrittanyBrines Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! This helps a ton. I did a lot of the exercises yesterday and feel it in my outter thighs and butt a ton (not so much inner thighs, but that is okay). Another question is, is it true that I should only concentrate on one type of muscle group a day (like legs one day, then upper body, then legs the opposite day. Basically so I am working out the same muscle group no more than every other day?) or can I work out the same muscle groups every day? I am totally okay with doing abs, upper, and lower body all in one day. I actually like doing it like that, but have been told that it is less effective. Is this true?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    those pistol squats are hard as hell and would be great for your butt.

there is at least one guy on here that is beefy muscular and claims to have never lifted weights, did it all with body weight.

If your doing a movement that you can do 20+ reps on, just keep googling body weight exercises for that body part until you find something you can't do many of.

I thought i got a good education with BW exercise with Insanity. once i got on here i discovered there is a virtually limitless library of BW exercises.

if your married to those side leg raises you could consider putting weights in a bag or something and putting your feet through the handle. can probably set up somthign like that with bands too. not ideal but better then 100+ reps

waldo is body weight only- he is on here- probably who you are talking about

strength unbound

that's his site- check it out- he's pretty fabulous.
  • BrittanyBrines
    Options
    What kind of results are you looking for on your inner thighs? Stronger? The unattainable thigh gap? More muscle?

If you're looking to slim them down, keep in mind doing exercises will increase the muscle mass. If you do not diet and get your body fat % down, they will simply be larger.

I am actually just trying to slim them down. We eat a very clean diet/life style anyways, so diet isn't an issue. My BFP is 16% at the moment. I wouldn't mind some toning, I just don't want them to turn into flubber when I sit down anymore. :P This is silly, but an example is they look skinny and good when I am standing, but as soon as I sit, my thighs "flatten" and look chubby. I am trying to slim them down to avoid that. :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    What kind of results are you looking for on your inner thighs? Stronger? The unattainable thigh gap? More muscle?

If you're looking to slim them down, keep in mind doing exercises will increase the muscle mass. If you do not diet and get your body fat % down, they will simply be larger.

I am actually just trying to slim them down. We eat a very clean diet/life style anyways, so diet isn't an issue. My BFP is 16% at the moment. I wouldn't mind some toning, I just don't want them to turn into flubber when I sit down anymore. :P This is silly, but an example is they look skinny and good when I am standing, but as soon as I sit, my thighs "flatten" and look chubby. I am trying to slim them down to avoid that. :)

welcome to being a human.

there isn't a thing you can do about it.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options

welcome to being a human.

there isn't a thing you can do about it.

^^ yep, this.
    Even the top fitness professionals don't have perfect looking upper/inner thighs when they sit down.
  • BrittanyBrines
    Options
    I don't think anyone saw my question about is it okay to work the same muscle group every day or should I only work them every other day? I do better if I can work them every single day, but I was told that this won't be as effective? Thoughts?