What sound drives you crazy?

Options

Replies

• sashadeee
    sashadeee Posts: 8
    Options
    Chewing!

It's actually a disorder called Misophonia when noises piss you off.
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Heavy mouth breathers. Or sitting next to someone who has a big booger in their nose and it keeps whistling non stop forever! The sounds of cutlery on a plate that screeching scraping sound

Oh yeah How can i forget to add LOUD BASS music. Had a neighbor who used to torment me upwards 12 hours a day with it. Started calling the cops on him because my windows would literally vibrate. He would watch for us to come home and right away crank the tunes. Used to leave crude drawings in his window directed at us after were kept calling the cops. Low behold turned out our town DID have daytime noise ordinance that wasnt being enforced after contacting town supervisor they started to go after the guy. After i developed an anxiety condition of 4 YEARS of being harassed by the guy everytime i hear loud bass I automatically hold my breath and get anxious
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Any repetitive noise. Beeping, buzzing, ticking clocks, anything rhythmic like that. I don't know how the hell I used to go to raves :wink:

This! And tapping, someone clicking a pen, Anything repetitive!
  • vicksg1973
    vicksg1973 Posts: 55
    Options
    SNIFFING!!! I'm renowned for this. I can't believe it doesn't seem to bother other people so much. I don't want to hear someone else's snot going up and down their nose repeatedly….Blow your nose and be done with it. Grrr

(PS that rant felt good!)
  • chill12810
    chill12810 Posts: 4
    Options
    Velcro
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Loud cars, trucks and motorcycles. They are so dang obnoxious! Absolutely drives me insane.
  • ErynV15
    ErynV15 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Loud, open-mouth chewing noises really get me.
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My bosses boss calling my name, again ... ugh
  • noelr56
    noelr56 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    people who say 'I'M JUST SAYIN' after everything, I understand you are saying it, I heard it, no need for the dramatics.
  • sstolii123
    sstolii123 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    People eating with their mouth open drives me so nuts I can't even think straight!
  • alliwantishappy
    Options
    people eating a banana. ew. ew. eeeeeew!!!!
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    The mother in laws voice.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    people who say 'I'M JUST SAYIN' after everything, I understand you are saying it, I heard it, no need for the dramatics.

h9D83329C
  • DrFlave
    DrFlave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A clock ticking in a quiet room. If I have to sleep in a room that has a loud ticking clock, I need to take the batteries out of it or I can't get to sleep.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i have Misophonia, so pretty much everything.
  • Nighthawk4
    Nighthawk4 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Notification tones on my colleagues' mobiles, with the volume set to maximum!! :noway:

I am tempted to select an annoying tone on mine but that seems a bit juvenile. Also, then my phone would annoy the hell out of me as well :laugh:
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    The sound of my coworker loudly clearing his phlegmy throat every few minutes.
  • ThisCharmingFellow
    ThisCharmingFellow Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I hate the sound (and visual) of people brushing their teeth *shudders*
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    One I just remembered thanks to my coworkers: the sound of sipping their "hot" coffee obnoxiously. Over and over...
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Loud cars, trucks and motorcycles. They are so dang obnoxious! Absolutely drives me insane.

60431_483216711734109_1512188407_n.jpg