"Weird" food combos that work for you

Options
ohiotubagal
ohiotubagal Posts: 190 Member
I love to discover new, strange combos that I wouldn't have thought of before. What's yours? My newest one is baked, mashed sweet potato mixed with creamy natural peanut butter. It's very filling and feels like I am stretching my peanut butter really far. May sound gross...but it works for me! :)

Replies

• BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Every time I see this topic come up, I always respond with my favorites: cottage cheese mixed with salsa or with corn. Not at the same time :wink: . Though, now that I think about it, cottage cheese mixed with corn salsa....hmmmm.....
  • KristyR341199
    KristyR341199 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mashed sweet potato and peanut butter actually sounds really good. I used to put melted peanut butter on sweet potato fries, so I know I like the flavor combinations. I don't really have any strange combinations of my own.
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm eating weird combos all the time at the moment! Trying to empty my cabinets, while keeping it low cal and high-ish protein is a task!

This morning I found a "fiber mix", meant to throw a couple of handfuls of fiber and seeds into a bread-dough. Well, I prepared it like it was oatmeal, with cinnamon and sweetner. Very delicious, would definitely make it again! (and I better, I have almost 2lbs of it)

The other day I had steak bits, fromage frais (kind of like greek youghurt) and chili peppers, also all things I needed to clear from the fridge. Kind of a weird combo, but it was quite good.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I LOVE steamed rice slathered in ketchup. Always have.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I use raw mushrooms instead of pasta and add tons of sauce and cheese. Not super weird, but I do get weird looks while I eat it at work. AND my family thinks I am insane since I plow through packages of mushrooms a week, but I just can't get enough.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I think I just barfed in my mouth a little, haha! :blushing:
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and peanut butter.

Oooh Corn and mayonaise. I almost never eat corn but that is good!

Not healthy but.....Chips Ahoy Cookies with cream cheese; it's like a chocolate chip cheesecake. I tried that when I was like 8 or 9. Haven't had one in ages.
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I love a baked potato with cottage cheese and chalula (hot sauce)....so yummy and satisfying
  • Deblonde57
    Deblonde57 Posts: 4
    Options
    Cottage cheese with curry powder mixed in!! Its a power food or with Cinnamon.... delish!
    :love: :drinker:
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Some people think it's weird some don't, but I absolutely love wheat toast w/ natural peanut butter and banana sliced on top of it! Pretty much anything that involved PB is awsome in my book, pretzels dipped in PB, fritos dipped in PB all delightful!
  • MissJacquelineN
    MissJacquelineN Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Nutella and Cheddar. I know, it sounds horrid.. but I can't say no. O.o
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    French Toast Grilled Cheese!! So yummy!
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am loading everything with TONS of cilantro and Sambal Oelek (a type of chili paste)

My husband shudders with revulsion when he sees my plate topped with a mound of cilantro, but it works for me.
    I get more satisfaction out of my portioned-controled meal, so I eat less without feeling deprived.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Oooh Corn and mayonaise. I almost never eat corn but that is good!

Elotes.

:love:
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

This was one of my favorite things when I was little.♥
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    baconeggcheese.jpg
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal mixed with butter, brown sugar, and rainbow sprinkles.

A veggie "bowl", with mixed veggies frozen or canned (peas, corn, carrots, etc) over rice and topped with lots of gravy or canned soup.

My husband adds a fried egg to sanwiches and it's pretty good.
  • theecatt
    theecatt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    As a kid, I had food sensitivities and couldn't eat hot dog buns. So instead my mother gave me hot dogs with bananas. They are still delicious to this day, and I feed them to my own kids.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs cut into scrambled eggs
    Mashed potatoes with collard greens
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Mashed potatoes mixed with cole slaw.