Quest Bars? Thoughts and ideas welcome

Options
13»

Replies

• Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I like them. They're a good hit of protein during the day and keep me full for a long time. My only quibble with them is that they're expensive as all hell. I just managed to grab a box for under 20 bucks, though, and sales do come up now and then - I monitor the Slickdeals website for them.

So far I've liked them all but for the lemon cream pie. That was horrendous. Everything else has been good. I like the chocolate brownie and the apple pie most, though.
  • tropicaltiger
    tropicaltiger Posts: 254
    Options
    I love them they are so yummy-some taste better then others I love the cookies and cream -and the choc brownie-I put the in microwave foe 6 seconds -also for me they are the healthiest bar out there -and don't have all the junk in them-in fact I am going to have one right now
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I love them but some people dislike them. Try a few and make up your mind for yourself. I'm going to a convention this weekend and will be bringing plenty of them so I don't have to wait in lines for food.

Quest Nutrition website has a store locator if you don't have an GNCs around. I personally dislike buying from GNC and will go elsewhere if allowed. GNCs in my area are too expensive and the quest bars are often stale.

When picking them, poke/squeeze the bars. If they super hard then it will probably be stale. You can always microwave stale ones for a few seconds but if you are out and about that won't be feasible. I like them softer and thats the benefit of buying them in person vs online.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Anywhere in the UK that does them for less than £25 for 12? Steep!

I would love to know this too!!

I buy them from herb.com - they ship worldwide - only $4! I used a discount code for my first order and got $5 off - I paid about £16 in total for 1 box delivery was within 2 weeks.

Feel free to use my discount code if you order from there: HFL706
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I must be an odd duck,.... I bought three quest bars to try because a lot of people on MFP seem to enjoy them. The first one I tried was chocolate brownie. I couldn't finish it..... the texture and the chalky taste was awful! Threw about a 1/4 of it in the trash.
    Today, I tried a second one.... the peanut butter cup. Took one bite, spit it out and threw the rest in the trash. YUCK!!
    I'm not even going to try the third bar.....I'm taking it back and exchanging it for a LUNA bar that I know I'll eat and enjoy!
    Sorry to be negative, but I just don't like these bars! :ohwell:

Could be the two you tried. Personally, I really dislike the brownie and peanut butter cup ones. They are gritty and gross.

But, I could eat the cookies & cream, mixed berry and cookie dough ones all day every day.

Not saying you should try again if you don't want to, but I think you picked the two worst flavors and might like the others.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Just polished off a choc chip cookie dough. omg, so freakin' good. I got mine from AllStarHealth.com, $21.95/box. flat rate shipping of $5.95.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    LOVE them... eating one as I type!!!

Some have a bit of a chalky taste, but for the most part they are all delicious. High protein, low net carb, low sugar, high fiber - why wouldn't you eat them?!!

Cookies N Cream - My new #1
    followed very closely by cookie dough!!

Cookies and Cream are my fav - along with Cinnamon Roll and Cookie Dough.
    They have to be microwaved though!