Larger-framed-ladies, what's your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'4"-5'5" (depending on the day) and I have a large build with broad shoulders, size 10 feet.

SW: 204
    CW: 188
    1st GW: 167

I figured I'd see how I felt then and lose accordingly. Ultimately I'd like to be somewhere in the 140s I think.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I am 5'5.5" and I started this... 230.8 - the biggest I have ever been!
    My final weight that I want to hit would be 160, it has been years since I had gotten that low and I miss my collar bone. HA! But right now my goal is to get below 200 pounds. The moment I hit 199 or lower I have a few treats I am going to do for myself.
  • sealionwoman23
    Options
    5'7" here, and I wear between a 9.5 and 10 size shoe. My SW was 250, first goal weight is 175, so very similar to the OP! I have been overweight all my adult weight, so I will reassess when I get to 175.
  • casscass78
    casscass78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9
    current weight : 210
    goal weight: 170
    waist: 32
    hip: 43
    breast: 40DD
    pants: US 11/12

I have never been a small girl i'm the same height and weight i was in 7th grade ( now in college) give or take 10 lbs :) i just want to be physically fit again and stop being known as the fat twin :(
  • jennau1
    jennau1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My long term goal weight is 175, but currently I'm aiming for 225. I'm 5'7" and have always been bigger. I like being curvy, and for my build 175 is probably as low as I would go, but I'm keeping the option open for when the time comes! My heaviest was 287 (in my profile pic).
    Also, I have quite a few non-weight goals that I've been focusing more on, such as exercising regularly, eating in moderation & having more energy. If I can accomplish those, I don't care what the number on the scale says!
    Good luck on your journey!
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and quite broad-shouldered/large-framed (and muscular, which compounds the problem). My highest weight was 281 pounds and I'm aiming to weigh about 170-175 - since that's the weight at which I was a competitive athlete and had visible ab definition! - and be approximately a size 12 US (UK 14-16ish).
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" I currently weigh 272 (started at 340)

that said... shoe size 12... bra 42DD or DDD depending... I have NEVER had small breasts and they themselves probably weigh 25# or so...

my goal is about 150... which still technically puts me in the "overweight" category... I have had bone density scans and was found to have "disproportionaly dense" bones... coupled with large fram size 150 will probably be good... especially if I can keep the muscle mass that I have started to gain...

with the large frame and dense bones (and large girls) I think that will look good :)

I am a 36F, and mine are nowhere near 25lbs. A 36DDD only weighs around 5lbs total.

I'm 5'5", size 9 shoe. SW was 288+, CW is 198. I am getting comfortable now, so I think 160 will be just fine. I have wide hips, so I will never be under a size 12, probably. I'm okay with that!

25 lbs is likely an overestimate. You may already know this (I came across it recently and found it interesting) but for reference, a 36DDD has the same cup volume as a 42C (the whole sister size thing), so a 42DD/DDD would be bigger; it's about the ratio of band size to cup size.

This chart explains it: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-j9E0-Rfl650/UWzY7_7NQSI/AAAAAAAA_KI/7p6lQeYcF98/s1600/Hhwoarq.jpg
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am 5 foot 10 and a size 11w shoe. I have always weighed heavy. People cant believe how much I weigh. I can belkeve it cause I am the one with the sore knees and feet. My goal weight is 190 which may put me into a size 14. If and when I get to 190 I will them reassess my goal to 180. I really cant see me getting lower than that even tho they say I should be 160 on the high side.
    Feel free to friend me Cindy
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have a large frame.

I still think it's pretty though.

tumblr_luefzwplPt1ql5uppo1_500.jpg
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    ????lol
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    5'7 and currently 148 ish and a size 9/10 (down from bordering on a 14 in January) I'm trying for 140 ish before I add some muscle weight back in, but I can't go below 135 / size 7 or I look like a Skeleton.
  • JessMonster84
    Options
    Height: 5'8"
    Starting weight: 168
    Current weight 162
    Goal weight: somewhere between 145 and 155 depending on how I feel. I have wide shoulders (I get a little popeye ish when I lift heavy) and really feel just right at 150. I have basically outgrown all my size 8 pants and have graduated to 10/12/13s, all in the last year. I hate not feeling comfortable in my own skin, so I am on a mission to get back to my happy place.

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and started at 310. I'm down to 225 and my goal weight is currently 160. I haven't been below 190 since I was a teenager, so I have no idea if I will stop before 160 or keep going lower. 160 is technically 5lbs over the healthy range on the BMI charts, but since my BF% is already a lot lower than my BMI would indicate I'm not sure the chart is really the best way for me to pick a goal.

At this point I'm just going to keep going until I get to somewhere I'm happy with my body and I have a healthy BF%.
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I too am blessed (cursed?) with a large rib cage and broad shoulders, and even at my slenderest-looking (super active and people thinking I was underfed), clocked in between 155 and 165 pounds; I don't think I will look healthy if I get too far below that, so I'm aiming for 165-170. (I weigh 186 right now.)
  • mbitely2004
    mbitely2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    5'7
    start 310
    now 292

Goal for now is 199

Final goal will be re evealuated at 199. Probably 175-150
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" w/ 38DD breasts & my goal weight is 135-145 depending on how I feel once I get there. I think 139 is the BMI cutoff for a "healthy" weight at my height. In high school I dropped to 120 (well within the healthy range) & I looked sickly - my head was too big for my body, my ribs were visible on my back... not a good look! My SW is 198, CW 160.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I've always been told that I'm big-framed even though I'm just 5'4". My mom is the same height and she was 118 her whole adult life. The lowest I've ever been is 128 lbs or so. I really want to do hydrostatic body fat testing to see if that's actually true. If a hydrostatic test tells me I'm 120lbs of lean body mass, I won't argue! Until then my goal weight is 122-125.

If the hydrostatic body fat test tells me that my lean body mass is around the 120 range, I'll have to settle for 130-135 lbs as my goal weight. Still within normal BMI. BMI accounts for large framed people, so all of us should be able to fit the higher range of the BMI chart for our height. It does not account for professional body builders.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    This is a thread for all those who have ever looked at a thread entitled 'Such and such a height, what's your goal weight', looked at the answers, and despaired! Ladies with larger-than-average frames, and consequently, higher-than-average goal weights, what are your goals? We may never fit into the BMI-chart, we may always wear a double-figure size, but we can be slim, and healthy with it. Meaning no disrespect at all to those whose frames permit them to achieve low goal weights, for some of us, those goals wouldn't be healthy - it's not commensurate with the way we're built.

I'm between 5'7" and 5'8", SW 245lb, First goal 191lb, Long-term goal 175lb. I have a larger ribcage and shoulders than many men, wear a US10.5/European 42 shoe, and will never be smaller than a UK size 14/US10-12. And that's OK. How about you?
    Yep, I used to think I was born to be big because of my body frame being a bit wider in the rib cage and shoulders. Well, this just is not true.

I weighed 220 pounds several years ago, lost 30 of that and averaged around 190 for YEARS, with some fluctuations. I finally got down to 155 and maintained for quite awhile, thinking that 155 was as small as I would ever get. However, over a 5 year period, I packed 30 pounds back on. Last year around this time, I came to MFP and started learning how to create a healthy eating plan that was sustainable in the long term. I have lost about 42 pounds and I have been working at this maintenance thing since January. I think I've finally got it down.

I am 5 ft 4 and my weight fluctuates between 140 to 144 pounds, depending on water retention, etc., and I wear a size 4-6, a few 2s depending on the cut. For the first time in my life, I also have a healthy BMI and I am in the healthy weight range.

I look trim now, and I would not get any thinner because anything below this would be unhealthy for me. However, I got rid of that mentality that I would never get below 155 or wear a one digit size, because it's not true. It takes hard work and dedication but it can be done, as long as the weight you reach is still healthy.
  • AsiasMommy
    AsiasMommy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am currently 246 pounds, my 1st goal is 200 and ultimate goal is 175 On the chart the ideal weight is much lower but i want to be comfortable not a stick! I wear a size 18 and dream about a size 12!! Some people think that size is huge, but not me i can't wait to get there
  • _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Happy to have come across this thread! I am 5'7, highest weight was 170, down to 162.2, goal weight 145-150. It's so interesting how different people carry weight- when I weigh 145-150 I am a size 28/29 or 6 and love the way I look. I can't imagine weighing less than 140, but my sister is an inch taller than me and is a size 8 at 135. She looks amazing, but it's just funny how everyone really is built differently! It's all about what is healthy and happy for you! Can't wait to get back into my 29 jeans in 12 lbs...