Going Out

Options
2»

Replies

• jillyrobb
    jillyrobb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you know where you're going, do some research and try to make a general plan. Choose three or four things that feel like a splurge but aren't so bad in moderation, so you can choose whichever one sounds good in the moment.

I also find that sharing small plates with a large group makes it easier to take a little of everything without overeating. You don't want to hog the whole plate, so you're really only taking a tiny portion, but you still feel like you've eaten a lot because of the variety. (It does make logging a challenge, though.)

You should definitely celebrate--if you feel really restricted and deprived, it will make it tougher to stick with your healthy habits long-term. But with a bit of planning, you can do it without beating yourself up in the morning. Just be sure you do eat *something* with those vodka and sodas, or the hangover will do it for you!
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Vodka, but it makes you lose your clothes.

clear-alcohol_zps901e1419.gif

Oh Ron Swanson... I would marry you so hard...

Anyway, I go with Gin and tonics all the time with extra lime. IF you like beer or wine you shouldn't punish yourself and allow one or two glasses. The best thing to do is accept that you may go over your calories but go ahead and log it so you have an idea of what you need to do afterwords. An extra 20 minutes in your workout sometime next week or something?

The thing to remember is that you aren't going ot gain back all of your weight from that one weekend. When you step on that scale you will probably see numbers you don't like but it's more than likely just going to be water weight. The only way you will gain weight this weekend is by eating back all the calories you cut this week and an additional 3,500.

I say don't sweat it. Enjoy yourself. And just be prepared to get back in the game after your party weekend.

Have fun and happy birthday!!!:drinker:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Eat, drink, be merry, and resume logging the next day.
  • jmangini
    jmangini Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Eat, drink, be merry, and resume logging the next day.
    Nice shirt!
  • edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Vodka, but it makes you lose your clothes.

No Silly, that's tequila. Vodka makes you think you're sophisticated when you're actually incoherent.
    Correct.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    One day isn't going to derail you. It's your birthday, have a blast.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Also, think of your calories on more of weekly basis, rather than every day. Some days you're over and some days your under, but if you shave calories over the course of a week, does it really matter if you were over one day?

This. Weekly averaging has been working ok for me so far.
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Go big or go home..take your clothes off, dance, and be stupid..wait, no that's what I do when I drink liquor
  • laf1225
    laf1225 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the feedback, I appreciate it :-)
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    If only 7 & 7s were also 7 calories!:sad: :sad: :drinker:
  • janinelambiase
    Options
    4 day beach trip adults only coming up. I feel you!
    Will totally NOT watch my drinking and couldn't care less!
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    It's one day and YOUR birthday!!!! Please enjoy yourself! :) HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SteveyBrule
    SteveyBrule Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If its for your birthday, go out and have WHATEVER you want. Seriously. I mean when you're at home treat it like any other day but when you go out, feel no shame!

Today is my birthday actually and I'm going out to dinner around 6 (it's 10am now) and I'm just going to have normal meals and then go have whatever I want and how much I want later with no regrets. It's a once a year thing and there's nothing wrong with that. Enjoy yourself!

Happy birthday, friend!