guy next to me on the elliptical...

Options
yesterday at the gym i got on the elliptical and the guy next to me had already been working for a while. as soon as i got going i realized he really had some extra scent to him, and it wasn't the good axe kind… i contemplated moving to a diff machine but i didn't want to offend him or make him feel bad..thankfully he was done quickly after i started.. idk what i would hav done if he hadn't finished quickly… what is the "right" thing to do in that sitch? anyone had that experience or been the smelly guy/gal in the gym?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    just move.
    not worth choking for 20 minutes.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Move to avoid the stank. I ALWAYS but ALWAYS choose cardio machines that aren't directly next to ANYONE else (when available) and expect the same courtesy from others.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Move to avoid the stank. I ALWAYS but ALWAYS choose cardio machines that aren't directly next to ANYONE else (when available) and expect the same courtesy from others.

IKR.

WHY PEOPLE? Why pick the treadmill right next to me when a whole gym of treadmills are available. Its so annoying. Just my luck always.:noway:
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I had a REALLY smelly guy come into my work last night - it was horrible, for 20 minutes after he left all I could smell was that old onion BO smell.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

IKR.

WHY PEOPLE? Why pick the treadmill right next to me when a whole gym of treadmills are available. Its so annoying. Just my luck always.:noway:

I'll move- depending on how much time I have left- I'll move.
    THAT"S SO ANNOYING!!!

only time it's acceptable to pick the machine right next to someone is if there are ONLY two machines- and or obviously- there are no other ones available.
  • marko320
    marko320 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Pro Tip: If you have to fart at the gym, first check to see if your neighbors are wearing earphones.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Pretend that the machine is malfunctioning and move.
  • notsorrymrsjackson
    Options

IKR.

there were not machines available that didn't hav at least one person next to them… i obviously would hav chosen one without any neighbors if it was option lol
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    it wasn't the good axe kind…

KlghQ.gif
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    yesterday at the gym i got on the elliptical and the guy next to me had already been working for a while. as soon as i got going i realized he really had some extra scent to him, and it wasn't the good axe kind… i contemplated moving to a diff machine but i didn't want to offend him or make him feel bad..thankfully he was done quickly after i started.. idk what i would hav done if he hadn't finished quickly… what is the "right" thing to do in that sitch? anyone had that experience or been the smelly guy/gal in the gym?

don't like the smell of dedication?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,658 Member
    Options
    The other day I got onto an elliptical next to a woman wearing a strong cloying perfume. I hopped onto the next available one. I have no manners.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Pro Tip: If you have to fart at the gym, first check to see if your neighbors are wearing earphones.

right
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    One time this guy jumped on the elliptical next to me and he stank so bad I was all like:

Disgusted1.gif
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

uncle+buck+gif.gif
  • notsorrymrsjackson
    Options
    lol sorry must be the only one who likes the smell of axe… :blushing:
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Was it this guy?

2lc68oi.png
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

BO vs. Axe, BO vs. Axe

5f2a1b4a-eb09-4343-aa2b-638bd314f913_zpsaf28e5b5.jpg
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    it wasn't the good axe kind…

KlghQ.gif

th_will-smith-hm_zps5c9a5ca5.gif

Yeah... I can't think of a good Axe smell either.

Fully agree. Cannot figure out what is so good about Axe. My sons love the stuff and I just don't get it.