Soul Mate & Love at 1st sight

Options
jamiesgotagun
jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
Just wanted to see everyone's opinion, do you believe in love at first sight and/or a soul mate??

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think real love requires time to grow, but I also think when it's right, you just KNOW it's right.
  • kuntrygurl
    Options
    I absolutely do. I didn't always, but I do now. Case in post. Me and Ed. That's all...:heart:
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    i definitely believe in soul mates
  • rclemens1221
    Options
    I believe that both could be one in the same..........
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - I think it can happen but doesn't necessarily occur for everyone. Its how I felt about my hubby when we first met. Interestingly - he did not feel the same way. By like our 4th date - he knew but I knew right off the bat.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I met mine when I was 10 years old... and we'll have been married 19 years this coming May :smile:
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    I agree with lorinalynn.. When I first met my husband, the second our eyes met I just felt this .... I can't even think of the word!!! INCREDIBLE FEELING, not in my stomach but in my heart... We didn't love each other right off, but I never felt anything like that with anyone else I had ever dated... let alone just met!
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think that when two people meet that make a nonverbal contract. Meaning that when you meet someone you pretty much know what you want out of that relationship.

The ultimate relationship is successful when both want and work for the same thing.

I hope that you are experiencing love at first sight and that is the reason for the question. It is so fun feeling the butterflies and excitement that comes with a new relationship.

Congrats,

Eva
  • aigéan
    aigéan Posts: 69
    Options
    I believe in soul mates. My boyfriend and I are soul mates. I have never felt so alive and so in love. I've never wanted to give everything I have to someone and so much more. He is more than the love of my life, he's my best friend in the whole world.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well right now I am under a very strong attraction that seems to be mutual for a guy that works in my office building. The only converstation we have had was about oatmeal but my brain is going all HS with it.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Lust at first sight - of course.
    Love at first sight - nope.
    Soul Mates - Nope.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I think real love requires time to grow, but I also think when it's right, you just KNOW it's right.

Same opinion for me :smile:
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    meh. not really :smile:
  • mobymarsh
    mobymarsh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i met my husband when i was 17 he was my first love and my only love we have been married for 28years i still love him and would not want anyone else.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Soul Mate = Yes

Love at 1st sight = No
    Lust at 1st sight = Yes
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes we met two yrs ago and there was something about him that I couldn't resist and that's hard to do to me now we are engaged.:love:
  • blondie1238
    Options
    I think love at first sight is a crock of ****, and as for soul mates... I believe in them to an extent. I think some people have more than one. For example, you've all seen someone lose a husband or wife to cancer or in a car accident, and they were very happy. Then they move on and are happy with someone else as well. I don't think that means the first wasn't a soul mate... I just think some people are lucky enough to have that kind of love from a couple people, but unlucky to have lost them.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I believe whole-heartedly in soul mates! I also believe that you could have love at first sight with your soul mate.

When you meet that person....you just know they are it.
  • chasidynicole
    Options
    I don't really believe in love at first sight but I do believe in soul mates.. I was in Louisiana and my now husband was in Minnesota and over a six year period we always seemed to come across each other and now we are married and have two wonderful little boys and we live in Minnesota.. :happy: