Options
    Lust at first sight - of course.
    Love at first sight - nope.
    Soul Mates - Nope.

What she said.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Nope... It took a lot of looks for me to fall in love with hubby! Ruff on the outside, gentle on the inside... :bigsmile:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I do but only on Weekends.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Well I didnt used to.. I was dating for a bit and after meeting a bunch of dumb guys I stopped looking.. Then right when I stopped looking my true love found me.. It was like an instant connection and we both felt the same way.. Love is such an amazing feeling when u find it with the right person :love: :happy:
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I do now! I fell for a guy when I was 16. We actually became close friends in high school, as I was dating a friend of his and he had a gf. We went our separate ways after HS but I ran into him last summer and we have been attached at the hip ever since. He is my best friend and the love of my life!!!!
  • countdowntotarget
    countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I didnt until I met my husband - if you knew my past/childhood I have so many barriers up which normally take ages to come down - with my hubby we just clicked and I let my guard down straight away - still love him and am still IN love with him!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I agree with lorinalynn.. When I first met my husband, the second our eyes met I just felt this .... I can't even think of the word!!! INCREDIBLE FEELING, not in my stomach but in my heart... We didn't love each other right off, but I never felt anything like that with anyone else I had ever dated... let alone just met!

Agreed! :flowerforyou:
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    I dont think you can truly love someone overnight but I do believe that you can know right away if that person is someone that you can love! I think you just can get that feeling and KNOW!!! Love is a beautiful thing!!!
  • obifatkanobi
    Options
    Yes I do to both. I didn't until she showed up at my door and it was love at first sight for both of us. Even so, it takes work from both to keep love alive, and we have. I first met my soul-mate in 2002, we have been together since, happily married now and more in love with each other than ever.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    As shasta said, I do think you can recognize whether someone may be right for you really quickly. Love requires way more than butterflies though.

I do believe in soulmates - and also that you can have more than one - at different points in your life.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Yep. Sure do.
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I believe in both. I knew the first time I laid eyes on my husband he was my soul mate and I instantly fell in love with him. We married 21 days after we met and have been married for 12 years now. I think some people just know right away who they are meant to be with
  • Tawnee19
    Options
    I don't believe in either one. I used to believe in soul mates though, but I don't anymore. I think there are plenty of different people out there that you might be compatible with, but I don't believe that there is just one person out there that is totally perfect for you. I guess maybe I believe in multiple soul mates then. Haha. I definitely don't believe in love at first sight though. Lust at first sight is a different story though. ;)
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    ddubsgirl4life: LOVE the ticker!!! woohoo!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in love at first site either...i believe in the rush of adrenaline or lust...but real love and long term commitment takes work...after all humans were never meant to be monogomous. I do believe in soul mates though if that makes sense...but i don't believe you necessarily have to meet them in this life time...or even stay with them forever...soul mate to me is a connection, not a pact to be together forever.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Soul Mate = Yes

Love at 1st sight = No
    Lust at 1st sight = Yes

Yep....this is my opinion as well.
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I didn't believe it, until it happened to me! I had plans to go to a club for a friends birthday and changed them last minute so we ended up in a totally different place. I didn't want to leave the table to use the restroom, but did, and on the way back I tripped and fell into my now husband. He caught me, held out his hand and asked me to dance. We have been together ever since. I will never forget his face when he looked at me and smiled. He says he knew right away, I can't go that far, but something definitely brought us together.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I do. Even picked up a guy alongside the highway because of it - LOL. He worked construction (the boring stop/slow sign holder) and passed him every day to and from work. We always waved - which I know he was friendly and waved to almost everyone. Anyways, I had split from my fiancee and was drawn to Scott. Didn't know why but I felt the overwhelming need that I was supposed to meet him. So, one day (quite out of character having been very shy) I stopped on my way home. He was getting ready to leave and one of the guys got him for me. We talked and I gave him my number. We went out that weekend. That was back in '97.

I am happy to report that we will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary this October. while we had ups and downs and spits, we both realized it was meant to be. We had actually met the year before when he was out with a guy I knew from school and he only worked that job doing construction for 3 weeks... just long enough to meet me. :heart:
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I think love at first sight is a crock of ****, and as for soul mates... I believe in them to an extent. I think some people have more than one. For example, you've all seen someone lose a husband or wife to cancer or in a car accident, and they were very happy. Then they move on and are happy with someone else as well. I don't think that means the first wasn't a soul mate... I just think some people are lucky enough to have that kind of love from a couple people, but unlucky to have lost them.

EXACTLY
  • coachniquenya
    coachniquenya Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Love at first sight...no. Lust at first sight...hell yeah. Soul mates...ABSOLUTELY!!! The thing is it often takes a few encounters before you know you are soulmates. I've found mine and I wouldn't have thought so from our first sighting although we had a REALLY good time.