saying i love you

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I read the thread title and now I've been earwormed by Extreme - More Than Words.

Thanks......

and thanks for sharing....!!!!
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    texting to someone of opposite gender at the end of a conversation something along the lines of "i love you babe" and they respond with "i love you too" to someone who is "just a good friend" that you have barely known a few months but have been working with closely.... :indifferent: :huh:

and this is something your boyfriend is doing to a girl other than you...?

something like that
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    No only to my woman, or my kids or mother, that's it. But that's not to say it's wrong, it's just how I roll.
  • Way_Too_Sweet
    Options
    I'm the opposite I tell my best guy friend I love him, he started saying it first and has expressed that he has feelings for me, so i'be kinda given in and started saying it to him as well... I almost said it to my best girl friend tonight but thought it would be taken wrongly so I didn't but I do love her and now that I think about it, I have told her. So yes i say it to the ones I love.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    I read the thread title and now I've been earwormed by Extreme - More Than Words.

Thanks......

I'm taking you all down with me!!!!!
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Thanks......

I'm taking you all down with me!!!!!

yep...
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I tell my best friends that I love them. Not everytime we're together or talk but when I need to tell them or I think they need to be reminded. I've now been friends with each of them for more than half my life, one of them for the majority of my life : )

The only coworker I tell I love them is my sister in law : /
  • arainiday1
    Options
    I'm the opposite I tell my best guy friend I love him, he started saying it first and has expressed that he has feelings for me, so i'be kinda given in and started saying it to him as well... I almost said it to my best girl friend tonight but thought it would be taken wrongly so I didn't but I do love her and now that I think about it, I have told her. So yes i say it to the ones I love.

oh its you.....
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I've lost a lot of close people in my life so i've gotten used to telling really good friends I love them...
  • arainiday1
    Options
    I've lost a lot of close people in my life so i've gotten used to telling really good friends I love them...

and that i understand
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I say it when I mean it and in what I consider to be appropriate contexts. I actually just said it to a lady a little older than me that I have know for a couple years, but she said something that made me super happy so I said "I love you!" but clearly with inflection that meant "thank you so much!" not anything romantic

I say it to male and female friends, though often will be in LURVE form. The male friends I say it to I have been friends with for anywhere from 10-20 years and I DO love them, but it is also quite clear the intent. The females it just tends to be if they are the kind of girls who say that in a "love ya lots" sort of way. Some of my more southern friends/former sorority members seem to love all their girlfriends a lot so it is just as socially normal to say as "goodbye"

I think greek and other languages that have 7+ words for the english "love" are on the right track. It means so many different things depending on context.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

and that i understand

so what dont you understand...?
  • arainiday1
    Options
    theres a history of problems. a lot of trust issues. for good reason.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    theres a history of problems. a lot of trust issues. for good reason.

no trust... no relationship
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    ...is not the words I want to hear from youuuuuuuuuuu

tumblr_lw3wr754lj1qmoa2io1_500.gif

I will be singing this all day. :laugh:

I say it to my girl friends and really really close guy buds whenever the moment calls for it. Like there's a mush moment. Lol but not like on a daily basis though.

edited to answer question.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Yes, because life is short and those super awesome friends should know they are loved :happy:
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    No. But I'm weird like that.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Saying I love you
    Is not the words I want to hear from you
    It's not that I want you
    Not to say, but if you only knew
    How easy it would be to show me how you feel
    More than words is all you have to do to make it real
    Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
    'Cause I'd already know
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I say it to my kids, family, close friends, and any guy I'm trying to get away from.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Yes, because life is short and those super awesome friends should know they are loved :happy:

+1