Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bookworm new to all this & would like some friends ^_^

Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

I always feel so strange trying to talk about myself, but I'll do my best...

I'm Amber, 26, from Florida. My ideal day would include staying in with a good book & cup of tea on a rainy afternoon. I suppose I enjoy the escapism books & other fictional outlets provide. Some of my favourites are the Harry Potter series, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time, Bates Motel, classic fairy tales, and anything to give me a good scare. I've also always been fascinated by science & like to collect various fossils and shark teeth.

Up until now I've avoided exercise due to a heart condition that causes fatigue and pain upon exertion, but with age I'm noticing I put on weight more easily and generally feel out of shape. My doctor told me it would be a good idea to start improving my diet and introduce small amounts of exercise into my routine & so here I am!!

I'd appreciate any kind of support or even if you'd just like to be friends & chat about random things that would be great. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Replies

• _Kimrey_
    _Kimrey_ Posts: 19 Member
    I will totally add a fellow Whovian!

By the way, I'm Kim!
  • Another Kim here, also a Sherlockian, OUAT, GOT and Who fan. Welcome to the boards :)
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Lots of fellow interests! Are you at all a graphic novel person? If you love fairy tales and can give a chance to graphic novels, the Fables series is EXCELLENT. Adding you, and welcome!
  • Hi! I'm new as well! :smile: I am also a Sherlockian, as well as a GoT, OUAT, Bates Motel, and HP fan! I love the original Grimm fairytales, though I admit to having a weakness for Disney. I also really like science- unfortunately I'm restricted to science articles as my aptitude for actually carrying out the subject appears to be 0.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Yay! Another one of us! :laugh: Welcome to MFP!
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Hello and welcome to the forums, while exercise is good for overall health most of weight/gain loss is diet so introducing small amounts at a time should still be successful. If i had to put a ratio to it, 85% of weight loss is diet. I know of and have read several of what you listed with the GoT books being at the top of my favorites. Im sure you'll do great it just takes a bit of dedication!
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Also a Potterhead and Whovian! Friend request sent :)
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 302 Member
    welcome and a add coming your way.
  • KatDJZ
    KatDJZ Posts: 224 Member
    Lots of fellow interests! Are you at all a graphic novel person? If you love fairy tales and can give a chance to graphic novels, the Fables series is EXCELLENT. Adding you, and welcome!

I'll second that, Fables is awesome!

Welcome :) I also love Harry Potter, of course, and watch all the same tv shows...plus so much more, lol. Nice to see there are so many people here with similar awesome taste.
  • Welcome! Friend request coming your way! :3
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Potterwholocknibbal! Request on your way!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    In case the name doesn't make it clear, I too, am a HUGE bookworm! You are welcome to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • Ah a fellow Whovian & bookworm!! Your perfect afternoon is mine as well & i've spent many days never putting my book down(which completely astonishes my husband)! I'm always happy to make a new nerdy friend :bigsmile:
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Hi! I'm also a self-proclaimed bookworm :D Sending you a friend request now~
  • MadKatter9
    MadKatter9 Posts: 13 Member
    Anyone okay with Game of Thrones is okay in my book.
    Name's Kait. :) Feel free to add me up.
    And anyone else for that matter!

How's everyone feel about The Walking Dead?
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Had me at bookworm!
  • iandroid989
    iandroid989 Posts: 62 Member
    I'm prince charming add me if you like
  • Allizabeth1
    Allizabeth1 Posts: 10
    I'm new as well! I would love to chat anytime. I'm a fan of that stuff too. :3 Good luck!!
  • theoncomingstorm6464
    theoncomingstorm6464 Posts: 116 Member
    Whovians unite.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Friend request sent; best of luck on your goals!