How much water do your drink daily?

Options

Replies

• Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I keep a 500ml bottle with me at all times. I refill it at least 4 to 5 times a day.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    at least 3 liters a day on weekdays and more on the weekends since I usually spend the weekends outside doing active things.
  • KathleenAkil
    Options
    My aim is 64 ounces (8 8-ounces glasses). More if I need to replinish after an intense cardio session. :drinker:
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    1 cup of coffee and a little more than 3.5 litres of just water. No soda at all.
  • hooterklb
    hooterklb Posts: 27
    Options
    I started at maybe 1 L per day and now I'm up to 4. It's a process.. but it makes you feel so much better.

Edited for stupid autocorrect.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I fill a pitcher with 3 liters, and my goal is to finish it each day. When it's hot, or I work out, I can drink more. I also drink 1-3 (12oz) diet Cokes, and an occasional coffee, but I subtract those from my water, because they dehydrate me more. So I try to have an extra glass of water for every coke or coffee.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    I shoot for a gallon, and usually come to right below it or hit it.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    around 12-17 cups a day. Depends on workout intensity too.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    myself I am trying to limit the diet coke and drink more water, trying for 1L of water daily

how about everyone else?
    I should probably pay attention but I don't. I no longer drink soft drinks, at least hardly ever, but I have never logged water, just my food.
  • tlaurenw
    tlaurenw Posts: 17
    Options
    I just recently quit drinking soda. I was addicted to Dr. Pepper and Diet Pepsi! I drank probably 5 to 6 cans a day. I just quit cold turkey. I have never been much of a water fan. I only really crave it while I'm working out (probably since I'm losing so much water through sweat). I try to drink at least 8 cups a day, but I want to get up to a gallon a day. I think that is a pretty decent goal for now.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I drink when I'm thirsty, and I don't pay any attention to how much, or what. I only log coffee because it has creamer. And I LOVE diet Dr. Pepper, so there's no way I'm giving it up completely. I drink more water than I do diet soda, so that's good enough.
  • nate1618
    nate1618 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I recently started drinking more water (about 4 16.9 oz. bottles) and peeing all the time is a major problem.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I drink an obscene amount - like 4-5 full Nalgene bottles' worth (each one is 32 oz). I have access to a water cooler at work so it's on like Donkey Kong all day long.
  • JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem with my water, in fact I've been tested for diabetes because I drink so much. 5-6 750ml bottles each day at work plus 4-5 cups of herbal tea, then another 2 litres of soda water with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice at home... I think I down about 7L a day.

exactly this ! :) i always struggle with drinking too much
  • bald_navy_wife
    bald_navy_wife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    8 cups
  • Nanierh85
    Nanierh85 Posts: 118
    Options
    1-1.25 gallons every day :)
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    1 gallon
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    120 ounces water plus 32 ounces of Spark - which is a powder packet thing mixed with water.... and the occasional iced coffee on the way home Going to the bathroom is the only time I leave my desk all day....so the more trips the better!!
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    During the day at work I typically drink about 2 litres of plain water - I have a 500ml/pint glass on my desk and usually refill it about 4 times during the day, plus more when I go to the gym. I don't drink as much water as I should at weekends, as diet coke and alcohol make more of an appearance.

My diary doesn't reflect the water consumption as I don't record it (got confused about how big MFP's definition of a glass was, and kept losing count, so just stopped logging it), but I do drink plenty.
    Probably about 1.5l-2l of water a day, in addition to anywhere between 3 and 8 cups of tea.

Oh yes, I'm a tea-aholic too - every day I'll have several cups throughout the day :smile:
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    3-4 refills of my 750 ml bottle, 2 cups of coffee, 1 cup of tea, and that's just at work. When home, I probably refill a 12 oz glass 3 or so more times. Cardio days, more like times.

Average day [just water- no tea or coffee]: 1 gallon/4 liters

I love water.