Chest Hair.. to shave or not to shave? - female preference

Options
MrTolerable
MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
So at fancy pants dinner with friends, and my Russian friends-boy friend mentions that all though he gets his nails done, and drops obscene amounts on hair cuts like me, at least he doesn't shave his chest! :noway: - and everyone around burst into laughter...

:embarassed:

And I was thinking... literally had shaved my chest an hour prior to this dinner...

I mention my friend is Russian because I know they approve of their men being a tad more hairy then any of the hispanic or asian ladies I've dated.. or so I've thought :grumble:

So is it a cultural thing? or should one only shave their chest if their body fat percentage is under 10%?

Whats the norm here gentleman? And whats the preference pretty ladies of MFP?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I think whatever makes the guy feel comfortable. My guy is a redhead and has an average amount of downy chest hair. He buzzes it off periodically which is cooler for him and makes bicyclist-type shirts fit nicely. I don't really have a preference about the hair because he's very hot both ways! But I don't love the stubbly feel of it until it gets to a longer, softer length again. I think if a guy had very thick dark chest hair and shaved, it might feel a bit stubbly all of the time and I wouldn't wanna get up against that, personally. I would prefer unshaven or maybe lightly trimmed in that case...JMHO.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I prefer a hairy dude. Lol.

But whatever makes you happy. Go for it!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I prefer a hairy dude. Lol.

But whatever makes you happy. Go for it!

Yup, same. Chest hair is mad sexy!!!
  • CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I buzz it all off once every 3-4 weeks with spot touch ups.
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I think chest hair is sexy. As long as it isn't too out of control.
    The biggest thing is the guy has to comfortable with it. If he's self-conscious about it, it is usually very apparent and can be a mood killer.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Tom Selleck- Hairy Chest *DROOOOOL*

David Beckham- Hairless Chest *DROOOOOL*

I do not discriminate based on chest hair or lack of..... If they are yummy............there yummy
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I like my husband to have a little chest hair, but he usually shaves it off a couple of times during the summer. If you have crazy wild chest hair that pokes out of your polo shirt colar, then shave it. Also, if it grows weird and looks like a little chest landing strip, shave it.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Chest hair is sexy.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    it's a personal thing for everyone. so you do what makes you comfortable and confident - b/c THAT is sexy on everyone.
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    If my man shaves his body, he is going to have to wear panties and fingernail polish as well.

No.

Way.

No.

How.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    v627wj.gif
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I like hairy men.

I like not hairy men.

I so do not care.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I like my chest hair. I keep it trimmed so that it is managable.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I like my chest hair. I keep it trimmed so that it is managable.

yeah you do :wink:
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    You shave your chest?

Because you want to look 13 again? :huh:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    v627wj.gif

Pretty much this.

Maybe I have low standards but, showering and brushing teeth regularly are really only personal grooming requirements.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE my husband's chest hair. He's not ape hairy, but fair amount of coverage on the chest area with that lovely lil' trail.... mmmm. It's so masculine and sexy.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Mmmm chest hair... :heart:

Not that I notice. Other qualities are much more important. Like intelligence and humor and kindness. But mmm...oh sorry.
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It's a personal preference. :) A good friend of mine loves her mans hairy chest. To me he looks a little sasquatchy. My husband shaves and I love it.

Do what you feel comfortable doing. Who cares what your friend thinks. To each his own chest hair. Right?
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Balls and face are the only things to get shaved.