alternative to hot dog/burger buns?

Options
13»

Replies

• Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    For burgers, I often eat them without a bun because I'd rather have the calories for a glass of wine, or sweet potato fries, or something I really ENJOY. Hot dogs just seem to need a bun. Face it, they're a not-so-healthy indulgence anyway, so you might as well go for it, have the bun, have a beer while you're at it, and plan to exercise more tomorrow.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own has a 40 calorie bread line that can be found easily. Use one slice on each hot dog :) The bread is very soft and flavorful! NaturesOwn1.jpg - pretty sure there's a white bread variation too. I'm partial to the whole grain because it has crumbly stuff on the top.
  • 95Tashey95
    95Tashey95 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love hot dogs but to keep my meal at 420 cal I now eat two hot dogs, one bun. I just rip it in half and the dog sits on each half. I hold it together with a finger while dipping in a pool of mustard on the plate. I don't miss having a whole bun anymore. I do the same for a burger, but I cut the bun in half and put the burger in it as if it were whole. It sticks out the sides a little, just dip in ketchup.
    This is exactly what I do, you really don't miss the extra bread at all
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Poor hot dog. :cry:
  • shammathews
    shammathews Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Walmart brand is low fat, high fiber and only 80 calories. I've switched to those.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I got nothing... lol Why would you not just enjoy the hot dog in its bun and log it and move on..... Some things are just meant to be enjoyed but that's just me.... Best of Luck though.....

This. :drinker:
  • CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Big leaf of lettuce. Use it for tacos, burgers, deli sandwiches, everything!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this has been said yet, but Sara Lee makes 80 calorie buns.