All 5'7" - 5'9" -- Let's compare weight w/pants size

Options

Replies

• R_Woodruff
    R_Woodruff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'6"ish probably closer to 5'7" but I'm going with 5'6" lol. I started at 260 lbs and wearing an 18. Now I'm about 207 and can fit back into my 11/12's I still have a ways to go but I can't wait to see where I end up (pant size) the 11/12's are the smallest I've ever been in.
  • Goliath1357
    Goliath1357 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    5'7" - 227 pounds, I go between a 16 and 18 depending on the store.
  • Graceklionetti
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I weigh 148 and I usually wear a 4, I work at a clothing store and tried on a 26 jean (which is equivalent to a 2) yesterday and they FIT! I know I weigh quite a bit but I work out 4 times a week so a decent amount of it is muscle.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    5'8" and size 14 (in Talbots pants). I have another 43-48 pounds to go and have no clue what size I'll be when I get there. My guess would an 8.
  • AmandaNicole412
    AmandaNicole412 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" 140 and I wear a 4.
  • jldahlen21
    jldahlen21 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm 5'8, wide shoulders, I weigh 176-178, size 10 pants, med-large tops. I've got 30 or so to lose...I'd like to be 140-145. Anyone who would like to add me.... Go for it!!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    5'7", 155, size 6.

Lift heavy and Vegan :)

^
    I'm close.....5'8 - 150 and lift heavy :) Not vegan but totally support the lifestyle.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    5'7", 155, size 6.

Lift heavy and Vegan :)

^
    I'm close.....5'8 - 150 and lift heavy :) Not vegan but totally support the lifestyle.

Also a size 4-6 pants and medium large shirts
  • Micklit77
    Micklit77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm 5'9 and 139 pounds. I wear an American size 4 pant and size small top.

Two years ago I was 175 pounds and wore a size 12 pant. I had an epiphany moment where I knew that I was going to either creep up a few pounds each year and eventually become like my obese mother or make a drastic lifestyle change. I saw my cousin realize this for herself but unfortunately she needed surgery to remove excess skin. I didn't want that to happen to me. It took a long time to get my nutritional lifestyle in order because of denial. I had so much denial. Getting to the gym wasn't nearly as hard for me. I didn't know anything about macronutrients or basal metabolic rates. I aim to get my protein/fat/carb levels equal each day and I do eat meat. Whew! Even though I don't know any of you, it feels good to put that in writing and say it somewhere. Take care.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all the different sizes, even at the same weight.

Currently I'm maintaining at 152, size 7 jeans at 5'7". Medium tops.

I could probably wear a size 6 /small if i lost another 5/7 lbs, but I like the size and shape I am now. I've got a pear shape, but losing the last 15 lbs has evened me out, because it all came from the bottom. :)
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Depending on the brand and even style of the pants they're all different, and certainly not a good way to judge inches lost unless you're old pair are getting baggy. You may wear an 8 in Lee and fit into a 10 on another brand.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    5'8", 165 pounds, size 10 pants and a large shirt only because the girlfriends won't go down in size and they won't fit into a medium :sad: :noway:
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    5'8" 150lbs, 8-10 bottom, M top
  • SteshaNicole
    SteshaNicole Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 5'7" and weigh 176 right now. Currently, I can wear anywhere from a 10-14 jeans but am comfy in size 14. By comfy, I mean, I can breathe. :) My goal is to be at 155 again but haven't been there since before my kids were born 8 years ago. I'm working on it.
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'8 - when I started losing weight (at 180 lbs), I was getting a little too big for my size 12 pants. I'm 155 now, and those pants are like clown pants on me now. I just bought the same pants in size 10. I fit into 8s but they were a little too snug for my comfort. I would rather buy a pair of each size and feel good in them, spending a little bit more by buying them at each size - than trying to wear my huge pants until I can be comfy in 2 sizes down.

I hope to lose another 20 lbs and be in a size 6 at that point, but my hips might have other plans for me and keep me in the size 8 forever.
  • suiteblooms
    suiteblooms Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi - I'm 29 years 5'8" 145lbs. Hourglass shaped with a long torso... I'm wearing size 8 jeans in misses. I haven't been a size 6 since I was like 12 years old, so I don't expect to go down any more in sizing. I do however wish that jeans these days rode just a bit higher to cover the crack and love handles. Maybe I'm not the only one that is sick of hiking up my 2" zippered jeans every 10 min? PS. I choose not to shop in the jr section anymore because those jeans are built for young girls - girls that don't have fully developed hips. On the other hand. I can't bear to go to the old lady section to buy jeans with elastic in the back. Anyone have a favorite brand?
  • pepper201084
    pepper201084 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 years old, wear a small to medium shirt..(I have no boobs) and a size 3-5 at jcpenny pants but a 5-7 at Walmart pants all in juniors.... Lol I have my dads body from except I have hips .. 5'9 1/2 and I previously was anorexic. I weigh 127 pounds as of today. I feel so bad because my stomach is still some what here I swear its fat. Before anorexia I was 215 pounds at 5'8, could my stomach be because I lost weight to last. Its either that or I have extra weight to lose although I DONT think that's the case cause its so low already. Can I please GEt help from the experts..all of y'all. Please I'll do anything, almost lol except starvation.thanks!
  • phgrwh
    phgrwh Posts: 2
    Options
    5'8.5" and 160. About 20% body fat, size 8 is comfy and 6 usually fits but a bit tight. Waist 28, butt 42, thigh at widest part almost 24. I am a cross country runner and train on average 16-20 hours a week, including weight lifting. Gained twenty pounds since august from antidepressants despite almost 100% clean eating and less calories than any athlete I've ever met...o used to be a size 4! But I guess its proof that you can be fit and not light, I'm stronger than ever, and when I ask people they guess I weigh 130. I'd like to get back to 135 for racing and my sanity.
  • sedwards102
    Options
    I'm 21 with my height at 5'9. I started out way over weight at 210 and I am now currently 175. When I was 210 I wore a size 14 but now at my current weight I wear a size 10 (30 inches). My goal weight is 155 and I want to be a size 6 I'm pants. I know its possible because I weighed that before. If any one here believes in the body type profiles I am an endomorph. Basically what that means is that I have a horrible metabolism and must work hard using diet AND exercise to see results. Yes it sucks. But nevertheless I will accomplish my goal! Also, I started out working out 3 days a week and I am now at 4-5. I am a firm believer in weight training and cardio.
  • sedwards102
    Options
    I LOVE miss me jeans! They are a little on the pricey side but well worth it!