Replies

• schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    definitely a texture thing! bleugh! lol
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    why dont you take a supplement? also ive heard of shakeology which offers alot of veggies in 1 shake..its by beachbody.
  • klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You really need to eat green vegs even if you don't like them- try one mixed in with something you do like. Also you can dip vegs in salsa for a different taste.
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I say just force yoruself to eat them several times and you'll develop a taste. Once upon a time I didn't like goat cheese, but I forced myself to eat some and now it's amongst my favorite foods. Same with certain types of beer, olives, etc.
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ok.. I know it sounds wierd or childish, but you need to get your protien in too, so, I like to each celary sticks with peanut butter... in moderation. Its a great way to get good protien and still get your veggies in... and hey, if you really want to go the extra mile through the rasins on top for the complete ants on a log and get your vegies in to!
  • renarose76
    renarose76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    What about making a Green Smoothie? If you add some fruit to some veggies in a good powered blender you can sneak both fruit AND greens at the same time! Trust me the natural sugars from the fruit overpower the veggies. Yoplait has prepackaged packets to make smoothies in the freezer section of many stores. They tast GREAT. Then just add a BIG handful of spinach or other grean leafy thing in there and it is wonderful. Try looking at recipes at rawfamily . com :-) My 2 year old LOVES her smoothies. If she can do it so can you!
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    Try something mild like cauliflower. It really barely has any distinct flavor at all. Cut it up into golf-ball size florets, put it on a sheet pan, a tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, mix it all up so it's coated, and roast it in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes. It turns out a little carmelized and slightly sweet. When it comes out of the oven, you could even sprinkle a small amount of parmesan cheese on it for a few calories. Roasting vegetables in the oven is absolutely my favorite way to eat them.

Other than the carrots in ranch or hummus, I'd try pureeing spinach or butternut squash or peas and putting them in spaghetti sauce, or chili. That's what I do with my 3 and 4 year old. LOL. :laugh:
  • mvellis
    mvellis Posts: 19
    Options
    In the past year, I made fruit/vegetable juices in my blender. My favorite recipe is: 1/2 granny smith apple, a handful of spinach, 1/2 stalk of celery, and a carrot. I use Pom Fusion as a base to blend everything, but any fruit juice will do. Experiment and find somethink you like. DRINK your veggies! Fresh is best.
  • minervasp73
    Options
    Find out what it is about vegetables you haven't liked. My husband detests overcooked, wilty stuff, but will just chug down the fresh crunchy stuff.

The main is to be OPEN to change. If you keep doing the same thing, you'll keep getting the same result.
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    GARLIC!!! If you like it that is makes a lot of veggies taste better. Never ate green vegetables, but started marinating my asparagus in garlic and olive oil, baked for 20 minutes at 450 and parmsean in the last 5 minutes... and now I cannot get enough. Years ago, I was doing WW and I wnated to have somthing low calorie I really liked on the table for Thanksgiving. Now, I am asked to make it every year. Oh, and it works on the foreman grill too.