Any short people out there 5'5" or under?

Options

Replies

• kalico726
    kalico726 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'5" -- and always thought I was "average" height, but I guess today I'm considered short... :-)

I started at 161 last week, am 158.7 today, and have a goal of 130-135 by vacation in August. I was 125 less than 2 years ago and stress and a broken foot/ankle put me back.

I have 12 weeks and I'm hoping I can have steady 2 lb a week progress during that time.

My regimen so far:

Exercise 3 times a week -->
    - Stationary bike 30-60 minutes (only cardio I am cleared to do with the foot/ankle)
    - Sit ups, pushups, squats, calf raises

Supplements --> (all started last week)
    - Hydroxycut SX7 twice a day, 12 hours apart (7am, 7pm)
    - Mid-day: Green coffee extract, CLA and green tea extract

Diet -->
    - 1,200 cals/day
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm 5'2", looking to lose over 100 lbs at first with an ultimate weight loss goal of 120. That would put me in the healthy BMI range.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4 3/4" The 3/4ths of an ince really matter!
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I want to be 105-110, depending. Only 10lbs until I hit my first goal weight. I'm sooo close yet soooo far....
  • stainlessteel
    Options
    5'5 here hoping to get back in to shape I'm starting to look disproportioned
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    5'3.5' and petite. I am 106 lbs!! Not getting smaller.. been working on maintaining!
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' I weigh 250 aiming for 130 or under
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    HI! So if you are 5'3" sometimes, what are you the other times? lol I'm Tracey, and I'm 5'4" all of the time. There was a time when I was taller than some of the boys in junior high.
    Currently 208lbs and I would like to be under 200.

It all depends on what convenience store I'm walking out of......:wink:
    Nice!
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Boy am I glad I'm not the only one! For my height, 5' even, my 'healthy weight range is 97lb-137lbs. :grumble:

Geez! I think that is ridiculous! 97lbs! My "healthy weight" is supposed to be 129lbs. When I see that number I kinda roll my eyes because it seems too small. I think any weight lower than my heaviest is a healthier weight. When I first started losing weight I was about 275lbs and a size 24/26. Now I'm 208lbs and a size 14/16. Granted it took me like 11 years to get here, but I did. I can't wait to be under 200lbs. It has been a long time since I've been under 200.
  • SweetheartSarah123
    Options
    Haha 4'11 and 3/4 that is me too :)
  • 001jules
    001jules Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hate being short (5') - even a few lbs extra looks bad - currently 125 heading for 115 :flowerforyou:
  • MenoTheBeast
    Options
    Hi Im 5'3 just started today CW-250 GW-150. Looks like we have similar goals there. Nice to meet you. It would definitely look better on a taller person lol.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    44 years old
    SW: 172lb
    LW: 118lb
    CW: 135lb
    GW: 120lb
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, right now weighing 155 lbs. :-( that is why I am getting back here after quite a break and trying to get the weight back down.
  • JSN66614
    JSN66614 Posts: 66
    Options
    5 ft 4 on a REALLY good day 5 ft 5 but ya know what those tally's aren't able to do?

Shorter people are quicker and when we fall, it doesn't hurt as bad rofl

Keep your head up :)
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Haha I love this thread. Im 5'2, both my parents are shorties (Mom at 5'1 and dad barely at 5'6) I started out at 242 and im at 220 now! I want to get down to the 140's and go from there.

I wish I was tall sometimes, my best friend is 6'3 and we're a funny pair walking around lol.
  • GypsygalWI
    GypsygalWI Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm 5'2, sometimes less, depending who measures me. Odd huh. My starting weight was 427.....yes.....I weighed that much. I am now half that size at 209. My Dr's goal weight for me is 180. I'm not sure where I"ll stop, I need skin removal in a bad way and waiting on insurance approval for a Panniculectomy. Being short is fun! Enjoy and embrace! Way to go to everyone who has lost weight, we know its hard to get it off and keep it off! :heart:
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 5' 1.75" but always say I'm 5' 2". HW/SW 218lbs, CW (as of this morning) 210.5lbs, UGW 126lbs. I'd love to hit my UGW by January 2016 (when I will be 35) but I won't beat myself up if I don't as long as my weight is dropping & I know I'm eating right & getting enough exercise. Feel free to add me.
  • LaurenAJ91
    LaurenAJ91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    4'11 (and a half) here. 22 years, no more growing for me :( and definitely no growing outwards! Fellow shorties feel free to add me :)
  • natrtaylor
    natrtaylor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    5'4" and 3/4!! So I say I'm 5'5"... I hesitate to pick out a good GW b/c I was happy between 118-130 which I was at a few years ago. I'd like to just say My GW is to lose 16 lbs for now which will put me at 136. If I like that, I'll stay, if not, I'll lose up to 15 more. But it's too overwhelming to think "I have to lose 35 lbs!" right now.. :)