I burned 7578 calories in one day. (no joke)

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
At least that is how I logged it. I climbed Mt. Fuji and it took me about 13 hrs to complete in one day. Other than giving birth, it was the hardest physical thing I have ever done in my life.

There is no mountain climbing in the list of excercises, so I put it under "hiking, climbing hills" for 780 mins. It says that I needed to eat 9,486 calories that day. There is no way that I could even force that amount of food down. Also, it was such an intense physical day that all I could do was eat small snacks a few times that day. I ate less than a normal day.

Did I do damage to myself? Or, should I just take it as a unique day and move on. It is not some that I plan on repeating. I just felt I had to do it since I am here in Japan and don't know if I will get the opportunity again.

Replies

• Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    a) great job!
    b) i think its unique day, relax and go on!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Take it as a unique happening, and don't worry about it!

Congrats on your accomplishment, by the way.
  • htdavidson
    Options
    You should be proud of that! Not many people can say they climbed Mt. Fuji, no matter how long it took!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic....and no, you don't need to worry about the eating! Like you said, this isn't an every day thing, it's a once in a lifetime thing! And how lucky you were to have the chance, and how proud you must be to have conquered that mountain!!!
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    That is pretty freaking awesome!! I'd chalk it up to one totally unique day, and you might need to eat a little bit more in the following days to replenish depleted glycogen stores and whatnot, but just think of it as one heck of an awesome workout! Totally impressive!
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Like they said I would count it as a unique day and just give your body only what its asking for. Great accomplishment!!!
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    What a great experience! That is something alot of people will never get the chance to do so enjoy the memory of it for a long time!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I would leave it as just a "Really Good Day" :wink: That is AWESOME that you were able to accomplish that - you must be very proud of yourself :happy: I hope to be able to get there some day to do that - I would love that challenge just to note once in my life :happy:
    I wouldn't worry about eating back almost 2 weeks worth of calories in one day, unless you're super hungry :tongue: On my off'work days I double & sometimes triple my workouts & always laugh at the end of the day since I can't eat another 1500 calories on top of what I've already put away, but it's not all the time, it's just once in a while:smile:

Congrats again! :flowerforyou:
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Wow! So cool!! And I'm with everyone else, crazy day, go with it :smile:
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    Congratulations! Don't think any more about that crazy calorie burn, and just revel in the accomplishment. Over the next several days, be sure to get plenty of protein and lots of water, and just keep going. You didn't do any damage, and the negative calorie situation is always going to occur with any marathon type activity. It's great you were able to have this experience, and able to do it.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Totally awesome random thing! Congratulation on such an amazing accomplishment!!! I wouldn't worry about the calories. You may find that you are a tad hungrier tomorrow...sometimes that happens to me when I do a crazy work out routine one night. Nothing like that obviously!!!! What an awesome thing to say you've done!
  • btrflyflutter
    btrflyflutter Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Holy cow!!!!! :p
  • punky2178
    Options
    Take it as a great accomplishment. Do you feel that
    you could have done that 70lbs ago? I think that it was
    awesome you were able to do that, and like you said
    you probably won't have the chance again and now you
    get to say that you did it.
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    WOW! What an accomplishment!!! I wouldn't worry about eating back all those calories... But treat yourself to a slice of cake or an ice cream sundae or something, you deserve it!!! :happy:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Congrats on your accomplishment! You burned a ton of calories but you also gained a once in a lifetime experience. Take it for what it is!

I'd eat plenty of protein to replenish but I wouldn't worry about consuming those 9,000+ calories. It's almost impossible!
  • gtfosnorlax
    Options
    You're in Japan? I grew up in Japan! :D
    I realized maintaining or losing weight in Japan is no sweat.
    You can literally walk EVERYWHERE.
    I gained my 10-15 pounds in 6 months after moving to Texas.
    (Mexican food is awesomeeeeee *drool*)
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    wonderful!!!! Congrat and do not worry about calories
  • SkierElle
    SkierElle Posts: 335
    Options
    That is so cool - congrats! I wouldn't worry about the burn as everyone else said. Over the next few days have a lot of protein and hope you wont be too sore! and maybe do some deep stretching over the next few days - could help a lot! Last summer I completed my first fourteener (14k feet elevation) in CO and was so happy about the accomplishment!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I think that is an accomplishment that MFP does not know how to include! That sounds like an exciting adventure! You had an unique unforgettable day. Also, I looked at your ticker and thought, that you are pretty proud of your accomplishment because you have come a long way and completed a huge milestone.
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    this is so epic! congratulations, what a feat!!!