Not calling her back

Options
MrTolerable
MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
Ok!!!

This is not to sound like a jerk, I ask because I want to be as polite as possible regarding this.

Got a bunch of numbers before being confronted and going exclusive with a dream lady -one can't plan these things out, so I did not purposely plan on bumming out a few girls.

Of course I'm not reaching out to any of these ladies, but one is a family friend, and I saw her in an ad in a newspaper, catalog model, *fake yawn with an obnoxious smirk*... and I hit her up on fb saying how sexy she looked and blah blah blah, asked for her number and she gave it.

Somehow, my dad hears about this, calls me saying I need to pursue this girl and settle down.. "She is a good christian lady!" was mentioned about four or five times...

what is the polite thing to do.. hit her up with a
"sorry got tied up with a girl 10 times better than you, if it doesn't work out you'll have a 3/10 shot of hearing back from me?"
^I kid XD

but seriously what would a classy gentleman do here??

Replies

• Jenny8511
    Jenny8511 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I guess the nice thing to do is to call the family friend back. Honestly, if I were her, I would rather not hear back from you at all. Only because it's nice to fool myself that you didn't call me back because you were busy or forgot, not that you found someone better.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Don't contact her at all. Ever. Never.

Seriously, that is the kindest thing you do for her.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    I guess the nice thing to do is to call the family friend back. Honestly, if I were her, I would rather not hear back from you at all. Only because it's nice to fool myself that you didn't call me back because you were busy or forgot, not that you found someone better.

^all ready on it - I'm just going to say the truth to them and let them break the bad news, or feel the guilt of hiding it.

XD thanks for the timely advice!
  • MrTolerable
    Options

^jeez.. jealous much?>!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options

lol this. regardless how you meant it, i find it hilarious and so true.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Lol. The douchebaggery is strong in this one.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

-_- I literally just turned over a new leaf and am working on that now.
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I would say that you should just stay away and not call her because well you can tell your not interested in her, but I also believe you shouldn't get a girls hopes up either. If she comes to you for any reason though and she straight up asks you why you haven't called I would tell her the truth and you had found someone else your more interested in. It may hurt, but the truth is always better.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

This...and no, nobody is jealous of you. Seriously.

If you were already with this "dream girl" why are you hitting up other girls on fb.
  • Nightcometh
    Nightcometh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Weren't you just getting jumped all over yesterday for posting private conversations and girl's pics on here?
  • MrTolerable
    Options

This...and no, nobody is jealous of you. Seriously.

If you were already with this "dream girl" why are you hitting up other girls on fb.

took her three days to respond to my very very forward :wink: fb message to her ... proof that ladies play the three day rule not to look desperate as well.. ;b

if you were already with this "dream girl" why are you hitting up other girls on fb.
    :noway:

I was dating a ton of people at the time.. ? ..I don't go exclusive on my own, I had to be confronted about it?
    - I don't think thats, that unusual.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options

Keep turning love bug.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

You...I like you...
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Weren't you just getting jumped all over yesterday for posting private conversations and girl's pics on here?

Tinder messages, with names and pictures, and their personal content blurred out... my thinking was it was no different than the "best of tinder" app.. first complaint I took it down, and after the second complaint I reported my own thread and got it taken down.

:embarassed:

at least no one is holding any grudges hear.. :grumble:
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Keep turning love bug.

OMG LMAO! couldn't help but laugh at this. But I do have to add maybe she didn't get back to you for three days not because of this rule or whatever, but because she already knows your not right for her(since she is a family friend and probably know you pretty well) and your kind of self absorbed.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    1arl1fw.gif
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyew9qZzW1m_ytiuJ2XrlkH2yX9DOhBxylPhLwF-AobZaiv_4tdg

?????
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Just leave it. If she is as pretty as you say, she's not going to be sitting breathlessly by the phone waiting for you to grace it with your call. She'll get snapped up by someone who thinks she's number one, not a second choice as you see her, and then she'll forget all about you completely.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Just leave it. If she is as pretty as you say, she's not going to be sitting breathlessly by the phone waiting for you to grace it with your call. She'll get snapped up by someone who thinks she's number one, not a second choice as you see her, and then she'll forget all about you completely.

You are dismissing the almost certain likelihood that the only reason she gave him her number in the first place is that he was a family friend.
  • AshadelMG
    AshadelMG Posts: 2
    Options
    1arl1fw.gif

This. Just... this.

A classy gentleman would never have taken her number or hit on her once he was for sure with someone else. You're doing this girl, and your "dream girl" a complete disservice. You're obviously not into her, this is a no-brainer.
This discussion has been closed.