Peanut Butter Junkies !!

Options
jessherna25
jessherna25 Posts: 19 Member
Anyone obsessed with peanut butter?

I have a serious addiction. I had to lock up two of my jars for finals week because I knew I was going to devour them all.
Top 5 not in specific order because I love all of them

PB Crave Cookie Nookie
Nuts'nMore Peanut Butter
Maranatha Creamy Peanut Butter
Chocolate PB2 (yeah I actually looove the flavor)
Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter (not pb but omg just as good!!!)

I haven't tried any other flavors recently because I will eat them all at the same time haha:laugh:

What are your favorites?
What do you eat it with? (let's be honest, a beautiful round spoon is pb's best friend)
Any awesome recipes?

(if you like nuts'nmore pb and you like the taste of cinnamon, put both of them on a rice cake and hear the angels sing!)

Replies

• psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Mmmm yum! We don't get many flavours of peanut butter here, but these ones sound great!
  • cheesevixen_staci
    cheesevixen_staci Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha I love this !

What are your favorites? I love creamy and smooth ! Every now and then I like the crunchy kind, but not often

What do you eat it with? (let's be honest, a beautiful round spoon is pb's best friend) PBnJ, on bananas, in a good old fashion banana sandwich, of course with chocolate, and I LOVE it on waffles and pancakes as opposed to syrup ( I don't care for sweets)

Any awesome recipes? Nope, though, I have tried a PB jelly ham sandwich. It was the most amazing thing.
  • chellebelle418
    Options
    white chocolate wonderful! hands down. i eat it with the quaker chocolate crunch rice cakes....bananas....apples....graham crackers.....nilla wafers....a spoon, lol.

fave way....a grilled pb and banana sandwich! sara lee light wheat, smeared with white chocolate wonderful, and a banana sliced n half and then again lengthwise.....i use i cant believe its not butter spray, and make it like a grilled cheese.....fantastic! pb&j is great dun the same way!
  • jessherna25
    Options
    why don't you get them? where are you located?
  • jessherna25
    Options
    grilled pb sounds amazing!!!

i've seen a lot of people baking a banana stuffed with pb. i. would. die

have any of your tried it?
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    All time favorite is Jif creamy peanut butter and what don't I put it on... I eat it just about everyday :/
  • s_yeatts
    s_yeatts Posts: 753
    Options
    I can barely go a day without peanut butter! lol
  • jessherna25
    Options
    my ants on a log consists of me eating the celery first and masking its flavor with a wonderful spoonful of pb.

i tried it once together, what a waste of pb >:(
  • RyanPhat21
    RyanPhat21 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    First mistake is taking a spoonful directly from the jar. Next thing you know it, the brand new jar is halfway gone. Also it can be justifiable because the naturals are not hydrogenated. :)
  • tripnoffflygirl
    tripnoffflygirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I dont keep it in the house anymore because I have no self control. I love peanut butter anything!
  • dorie577
    dorie577 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i like crunchy peanut butter, that has an ingredient list of peanuts and salt only - so like Laura Scudder (I think is the name), Smuckers has a natural peanut butter, trader joe's or whole foods 365 brand. I also like almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter, and macadamia nut butter - it was on sale at sunflower market - it had oil mixed in with it, but I got it anyway.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here, then....:devil:

th?&id=HN.607990176101436777&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Peanut-Butter-Bars-I/
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE peanut butter fan so I have to learn how to keep it in check. If I feel I need a "hit" of PB and I don't have a lot of calories to spare, I use PB2. It's only 45 CALORIES for 2 tbs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

Oh my

OP I'm in New Zealand - the peanut butter craze isn't as strong here
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I had to stop buy peanut butter for 2weeks to stop myself from digging in it too much i had about 4-6 tablespoons a day maxinum
    now just a week ago i brought peanutbutter again & this time iam digging less it's pretty high cals for so little but cant beat the fact it's so good very addictive :happy:
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options

Oh my

OP I'm in New Zealand - the peanut butter craze isn't as strong here

Same here, I'm in Germany and they don't sell peanut butter anything. In the markets they usually have only a couple brands available (sometimes only one), they are sold in tiny jars, and it's the hydrogenated stuff. If you want natural PB you usually have to buy it in a health food store. Such a shame, really.

I LOOOVE peanut butter. I just don't understand how the rest of the world hasn't caught on yet?

I totally agree, peanut butter on celery, total waste of peanut butter. Ever since I've been dieting, my favorite is to mix a tablespoon with a banana. Divine. Of course my all time favorite is chocolate and peanut butter. If I could swim in a vat of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, I would.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I've tried the flavored PBs and Cookie Nookie, but NOTHING beats good ol' plain Natural Peanut Butter. I don't want anything else. That's a real junkie. :smile:
  • jessherna25
    Options
    i was in europe last fall and yes I remember there was no peanut butter anywhere, i was not so into it back then! i would've died!

i love reese's peanut butter cups but they are so bad haha rather just eat the peanut butter.

have you ever tried making it on your own? maybe that would be easier than buying the fake stuff. just process unsalted peanuts and add sweetener and sea salt if you like. I've seen it all over instagram but have not tried it yet. you could also add cocoa powder and make it chocolate..yum!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options

My mouth has just had secks tingles!!!
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I made PB before using honey roasted peanuts. It tasted great.

This was in the store the other day. I resisted.

10532525-1315583673-629358.jpg