Peanut Butter Junkies !!

Options

Replies

• kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter co. have little squeeze packets, 180 calories a pop, which can be a bit of relief from the craving! I often while away time thinking of buying one of their big jars... it's a sad life, some say, but it's either that or consume 450g of peanut butter in one afternoon (a delightful afternoon, I admit).

The best recipe is just by itself, really. Chocolate gets in the way except in the legendary reese form. It is fantastic on bread, of course, but then one has to add the calories in the bread.

Best way to beat the urge to eat alll of it instantly is, for me at least, to have it after the end of a big meal.
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My most favourite thing to do it to get a Whittakers king sized block of chocolate and break it into 4. Put a thick layer of Kraft whipped peanut butter on the smooth side of two of the chocolate pieces. Put the other pieces of chocolate on top and make a sandwich. Microwave for a few seconds, then inhale.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    In the eighties my mother developed a peanut butter addiction and we were going through a kilo of the stuff a week. She had a terrible battle with it.

I only ever find myself wanting it when my diet's slightly off or I've totally run out of everything and it's the only thing left.

But it is mighty fine on vogels toast with butter.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Love peanut butter! My favorite is when I make my own peanut butter, but now if I'm buying peanut butter for me it's Peanut Butter & Co... YUM!!

peanut-butter-company-coupon-20111.jpg

PB alone, on waffles, and my favorite way is my homemade Never too much PB brownies
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    For my fellow UK crew: Sun Pat and Nutella sarnies!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I 'm Norwegian, but I guess I've developed a slightly American taste! I have always eaten pb and raspberry jam on toast, and last year I discovered creamy peanut butter that was just peanuts and salt, and that is some really yummy stuff too! I use it with sliced Granny Smith apples or oranges, and for banana chocolate peanut butter smoohies. And then Reeses Peanut Butter Cups made it to a grocery store near me. I totally get the hype :love:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Love peanut butter! My favorite is when I make my own peanut butter, but now if I'm buying peanut butter for me it's Peanut Butter & Co... YUM!!

peanut-butter-company-coupon-20111.jpg

PB alone, on waffles, and my favorite way is my homemade Never too much PB brownies

YES!
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    OK I had to google this peanut butter company.... may have to order some online as I have never seen it sold around here...

I too, LOVE peanut butter... on/with anything. lol
  • Kellie82much
    Kellie82much Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    First mistake is taking a spoonful directly from the jar. Next thing you know it, the brand new jar is halfway gone. Also it can be justifiable because the naturals are not hydrogenated. :)
    OMG! You are SO right! Pb is like a drug for me.
  • missClark25
    Options
    I love peanut butter out of the jar! I could snack on Nutella and peanut butter all the time if I could. At times I try to find new ways to match it up with fruits and grains. Maybe you have some ideas to share for healthy snacking with peanut butter?

These are mine:
    - PB & Banana
    - PB & Strawberry
    - PB, granola, & Apples
    -PB & Nutella on a spoon
    -PB, dry oatmeal, vanilla soy milk, 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, & pinch of cinnamon (let it sit in the fridge for 3-4 hours)
    -PB & Cracker sandwiches
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Bliss Cinnamon Chia Seed Peanut Butter with Touch of Honey and Sea Salt is so good. Stir it in oatmeal, add it to cookies, eat it on celery, dip apples in it. So, so good.

Also homemade wok-fried peanut butter via Alton Brown (Good Eats). Delicious, economical. Worth the minimal effort for maximum yields.

Edit: Also forgot Wild Friends Honey Pretzel Peanut Butter. And store-bought sunflower butter with a melted bar of Endangered Species (Vegan) brand 72% Dark Cacao nib chocolate stirred in to make high protein, high fiber, natural chocolate sunflower butter. Put on anything and everything.

Saturday Market in Portland used to have a stand that sold spicy Mayan Chocolate Peanut Butter (cinnamon, cocoa, cayanne pepper mixed in) but I haven't seen it this year, and I haven't yet tried making my own version.
  • missClark25
    Options
    Thank you for Sharing :) I looked up Wild Friends and they have a variety to choose from. The chocolate, honey, and maple look soooo good! Good help & neat tricks!
  • Renneke
    Renneke Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried these?

http://www.foodie.com/recipes/3-ingredient-peanut-butter-cookies

It's a cookie made with only PB, egg and sugar. I have celiac disease, so I'm really tempted to try these.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Extra crunchy jif on a Thomas cinnamon vanilla English muffin.
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm totally addicted to Skippy Natural peanut butter (creamy). I think I could eat it all day with every meal but have rationed it off. LOL For a couple of weeks a month I want even buy it because a tub only last one week here!!!! :)
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I like a peanut butter toasted sandwich with banana and honey
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    mmmm.... peanut butter....
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Mousse Pie

This will fill two chocolate or shortbread pie sheels heaping full, and freezes beautifully.

16 oz. creamy peanut butter ( NOT reduced fat)
    1 1/2 pints whipping cream
    2 8-oz. pkgs. of cream cheese (NOT reduced fat)
    1/ 2 to 3/ 4 cups of sugar

Optional, crushed chocolate covered peanuts for garnish

Beat room temp cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth, slowly add sugar. Set aside. Whip cream until stiff peaks form, then fold cream into peanut butter mixture until well blended, pour into pie sheels, chill until firm, or freeze. Sprinkle thickly with crushed chocolate covered peanuts if desired. Serve sliced thin. Absolutely delicious! Don't try to make this low fat, it won't blend well.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Above mousse pie made with Nutella is wonderful too.
  • CandiceLeeAnn
    CandiceLeeAnn Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love PB, especially the Whipped variety! I don't eat it a lot, but when I do :)

I enjoy it with apples, peanut butter banana french toast or sandwiches, cookies, peanut butter chocolate marble brownies(so bad, but so good), reese's and I'm guilty of buying peanut butter and chocolate pop tarts yesterday. They were there, I saw them and they made it into our cart. Little buggers must have legs!!