cottage cheese = YUCK!

Options

Replies

• wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I love it... with just salt and pepper...

OP try it another way maybe
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options

Oh yes. Some weirdos mix pineapple with it...but that is heresy.

Hello, weirdo here, I love my 70% fat free cottage cheese with pineapple in, lol. I do myself 2 slices of toast and eat 100g with each slice, I take I forkfall of cottage cheese and a bite of toast, it's one of my favs because I feel like I'm having a healthy munch out.

Blasphemy!

I suppose your one of those monsters who ruin perfectly good pizza by putting pineapple on it, aren't you? :D

Don't get me wrong. I love pineapple. Just not in cottage cheese, and not on pizza, and not even on ham.

Yep, my favourite pizza is ham and pineapple, lol. Hold onto your hat now, I love sultanas in a curry too ????
  • 1FearlessFighter
    1FearlessFighter Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Maybe its b/c you got the fat free kind. Try some that is 2% or higher. It taste so much better, IMO. Brands also very in thickness. Our favorite brand is Daily Chef from Sam's. I love to eat is plain along with my salad at lunch. YUM! I just wish it was lower in sodium.

oh yeah, another thing, 450 mg of sodium for just half a cup??????
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Maybe its b/c you got the fat free kind. Try some that is 2% or higher. It taste so much better, IMO. Brands also very in thickness. Our favorite brand is Daily Chef from Sam's. I love to eat is plain along with my salad at lunch. YUM! I just wish it was lower in sodium.

oh yeah, another thing, 450 mg of sodium for just half a cup??????

Its cheese. Cheese is salty.
  • tremroy1
    tremroy1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    add fruit......delicious
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Hello, weirdo here, I love my 70% fat free cottage cheese with pineapple in, lol. I do myself 2 slices of toast and eat 100g with each slice, I take I forkfall of cottage cheese and a bite of toast, it's one of my favs because I feel like I'm having a healthy munch out.

Blasphemy!

I suppose your one of those monsters who ruin perfectly good pizza by putting pineapple on it, aren't you? :D

Don't get me wrong. I love pineapple. Just not in cottage cheese, and not on pizza, and not even on ham.

Yep, my favourite pizza is ham and pineapple, lol. Hold onto your hat now, I love sultanas in a curry too ????

To each their own, I suppose. Grapes in curry. The horror. :)
  • tremroy1
    tremroy1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    also breaking up graham crackers in cottage cheeze...nice desert
  • Tracey_B_72
    Options

Blasphemy!

To each their own, I suppose. Grapes in curry. The horror. :)

*raises a glass to weird food combinations, I bet you have one of you look hard enough too, lol.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,039 Member
    Options
    I don't like cottage cheese either OP - fortunately its not something essential in anyone's diet.

I do however like pineapple on pizzas and sultanas in curries - and have even been known to have a ham cheese pineapple toasted sandwich. :happy:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

If it tells you anything cottage cheese is often substituted for ricotta in lasagna.

Personally I mix it with nothing. Plain, with a spoon, from the container.

You are eating it correctly, then. IMO, of course. ;-)

I know others disagree, but I'm firmly in the camp that says it goes with savory foods. I eat it as a side or just plain. Before I watched calories I used to eat lots of it, out of the carton. I am pleased it currently fits into my macros so well.

Texture matters, though--there are kinds I love and kinds, specifically the thicker ones without distinct curds, I don't care for, so the OP might want to try a couple alternative brands before writing it off. Also, I'd never choose mixers without tasting something first. It's certain disappointment. So is expecting it to taste like yogurt.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I love my cottage cheese with salsa and hot sauce. It's good with corn chips too.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I think it might be an acquired taste. No, seriously. A lot of people say that for stuff like beer and wine, but I think cottage cheese can be included in that. I didn't like it for years and years, but now suddenly I love it and crave it. I eat it with bananas, honey, tomatoes, whatever. Although now I can't eat it anymore because I've become lactose intolerant :(:(:(:(:(
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love cottage cheese! I stew some apples add cinnamon and brown sugar and eat it with cottage cheese! Sometimes all on toast too! Delishhhhh!
  • LifterDave
    LifterDave Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Stir in a little sauerkraut and top with a big spoon of pickle relish. I am sure that it will not taste any better, but the look on your face with the first spoonful would be priceless. Cottage cheese, yuck.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    add stuff too it!

cottage cheese with pineapple
    cottage cheese with tomatoes
    plain with a little pepper and parsley
    use it as dip for pizza rolls
    Or my personally favorite, cottage cheese mixed with baked beans. Then if I have chips it becomes my dip lol. It's a family thing, my parents and all 3 off us kids have been eating beans and cottage cheese mixed together for as long as I can remember!
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options

QFT
    I eat 4% and it is delicious. I just had a bowl mixed in with granola - yum. Also good with 1/2 an avocado, or with fruit.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Options
    I absolutely love cottage cheese! I stew some apples add cinnamon and brown sugar and eat it with cottage cheese! Sometimes all on toast too! Delishhhhh!

That made my mouth water when I read this.
  • mjbowman821
    mjbowman821 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I hated Cottage cheese too, but I recently tried it with salsa mixed in and that will work for me.
  • doointhis4me
    doointhis4me Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am eating some right now! I don't add anything to it. I think it tastes great all by itself .. I'm not very adventurous when it comes to my food.. but some people put all kinds of stuff in it :smile:

Maybe look up some different ways to make it and try again!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Try adding the lumps (and the seeds) to salad leaves. Or on crackers.

I prefer the pineapple and cottage cheese you can buy. Probably down to sugar which will kill baby elephants.